Im wanting to buy again, anyone selling now?

AussieGuy

I joined a few months ago and was looking for a nice Megane RS 2013/14 or 15 in Blue, white or Grey, with low ks but got sick of looking and ended up buying a Hyundai i30 SR 1.6l turbo auto and hated it, owned it for 2 months and sold it today, so im now looking again lol.

So if anyone in the Brisbane area is selling a nice one thats stock, low ks and a white, blue or grey, just let me know, thanks.

Edited by AussieGuy
  • Like 2

• AussieGuy changed the title to Im wanting to buy again, anyone selling now?

You'll probably want to do more research, and come up to speed with the model names. 

We don't refer to cars by their model year, but their designation - 

The Mégane 3 RS came in three derivatives, 250, 265, and 275; all of these had further named trim levels, and special editions - with one in particular not having the LSD equipped in all others

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, griffyn said:

You'll probably want to do more research, and come up to speed with the model names. 

We don't refer to cars by their model year, but their designation - 

The Mégane 3 RS came in three derivatives, 250, 265, and 275; all of these had further named trim levels, and special editions - with one in particular not having the LSD equipped in all others

Im after the 265. I want the model with Bi xenon headlights. Been trying to find out which ones come with it but cant find a site that shows all the differences.

There's a great link somewhere - I hope someone can load this up for you. I can't recall which thread it's in. Sorry I can't recall it! 

But basically a 265 trophy+ will definitely have it. I can't recall if the trophy will or not. 

If you get a facelift model it won't have them at all. 

The RB8 is usually considered the sweet spot as it has RS monitor 2.0 and bixenons (and recaro sportster CS). 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, chuckovski said:

There's a great link somewhere - I hope someone can load this up for you. I can't recall which thread it's in. Sorry I can't recall it! 

But basically a 265 trophy+ will definitely have it. I can't recall if the trophy will or not. 

The RB8 is usually considered the sweet spot as it has RS monitor 2.0 and bixenons (and recaro sportster CS). 

Why do they got to change the models so much and have so many different ones, its hard to know what your getting in one.

I want one with Bi xenon headlights, push button start,  auto lights/wipers, the larger screen rs monitor, material seats or the thicker leather seats (not the skinny ones) reverse camera would be nice, but heard this is only in the Premium models and they are even harder to find, so this doesn't matter to me. The rest of the Megane looks really nice so just trying to find one in nice condition, thats stock and under 70000 ks.

I got about 22k to spend, do you think I can find a nice one for that price in Brisbane?  😁

If you want Bi-Xenons and R-Link/RS Monitor 2 your only option is an RB8 (Red Bull special edition), but is has Recaro CS's and sounds like you want the standard style seats.

If all you want is the bigger screen i.e. SatNav version then various 265's had that fitted. Just my 2c though, the non RLink Sat Nav is generally regarded as being a bit rubbish, plus you lose RS Monitor and therefore throttle maps and a few other toys. You will likely get reverse camera though.

I wouldn't be concerned about K's if the service history is good. 

just about all have auto wipers/lights, except for the LE edition which makes do with non climate air as well as losing the diff. It has the "skinny" Recaro seats though.

I have a complete leather interior with heated electric drivers seat in case you find the right car with the wrong seats! 😉

Edited by Matt205
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Matt205 said:

If you want Bi-Xenons and R-Link/RS Monitor 2 your only option is an RB8 (Red Bull special edition), but is has Recaro CS's and sounds like you want the standard style seats.

If all you want is the bigger screen i.e. SatNav version then various 265's had that fitted. Just my 2c though, the non RLink Sat Nav is generally regarded as being a bit rubbish, plus you lose RS Monitor and therefore throttle maps and a few other toys. You will likely get reverse camera though.

I wouldn't be concerned about K's if the service history is good. 

just about all have auto wipers/lights, except for the LE edition which makes do with non climate air as well as losing the diff. It has the "skinny" Recaro seats though.

I have a complete leather interior with heated electric drivers seat in case you find the right car with the wrong seats! 😉

So your saying the bigger rs monitor is crap if it doesnt have the reverse camera? If so, doesnt only the premium model come with the reverse camera?

I dont know if you worded it funny, but im after the larger screen, that is the better one right? Btw which car do you have?  Also I thought the redbull version didn't come with the bi xenon lights and larger screen?  Dam renault for making g so many changes and having different models lol.

Edited by AussieGuy

No, not quite. Let me clarify, there are 3 display options in the Meg 3 range.

RS Monitor 1 - This is the smaller mono LCD display, shows time, radio/cd/media info and also outside temp. It also displays the RS Monitor info, lap times, g force etc. In Sport mode it also allows you to change pedal maps and a few other settings.

491007581_images(1)(3).jpeg.ade0d176315d430702e56a49e2e7db7b.jpeg

Carminat Sat Nav

I know very little about this apart from it's a larger colour LCD, 5 or 6 inch? Displays time, media, radio etc and also has SatNav function that is not highly regarded. Usually has reverse camera. Has the SD card slot next to the screen.

e0590b_aktualizacja-map-renault-tomtom-carminat-50zl-zdjecia.jpg.ab45a276ba571e94c88440d0158ffa72.jpg

RLink 1/RS Monitor 2

Larger 7" LCD display, Media/Radio info and later TomTom satnav. Also has a more comprehensive iteration of RS Monitor, shows analogue dial and bar graph engine info, g meter, acceleration info, laptimer and even has GPS based track maps and data logging capabilities. As well as adjustable throttle maps, shift light/buzzer fine tuning. Reverse Camera is fitted to some, can be retrofitted.

The huge advantage of this unit to me is the ability for it to have Android Auto enabled and therefore access the much more accurate, up to date and subscription free satnav capabilities that android offers. Along with media, voice recognition tech etc.

IMG_20190622_161046.thumb.jpg.c898f3244315834351eae73c67350e3b.jpgIMG_20190622_160538.thumb.jpg.9491517a845377b0c27cde30eacbd5fc.jpg

My personal ranking is RLink first, RSMonitor 1 2nd and Carminat a distant 3rd.

I wanted RLink in my early RS250 so I set about retrofitting it. Not for the faint of heart, but doable. In my case I completely disable the internal SatNav capability to give me more screen real estate on the home screen for media.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chuckovski said:

I had the pic saved from the topic I think you are referring to. Couldn’t find the thread though. 
https://imgur.com/a/KjxSHd2

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Matt205 said:

I wanted RLink in my early RS250 so I set about retrofitting it.

How much did it end up costing you? I've been trying to decide whether its worth it to replace my carminat in my Monaco. Been missing android auto a lot from my previous car.

12 minutes ago, MA3LK said:

I had the pic saved from the topic I think you are referring to. Couldn’t find the thread though. 
https://imgur.com/a/KjxSHd2

Awesome thanks for that picture its really helpful. But see what I mean, why in the world did renault make so many changes in these cars with different models? I mean even in some newer models they took away Bi xenon headlights and only a couple have it, strange.

1 hour ago, Matt205 said:

No, not quite. Let me clarify, there are 3 display options in the Meg 3 range.

RS Monitor 1 - This is the smaller mono LCD display, shows time, radio/cd/media info and also outside temp. It also displays the RS Monitor info, lap times, g force etc. In Sport mode it also allows you to change pedal maps and a few other settings.

491007581_images(1)(3).jpeg.ade0d176315d430702e56a49e2e7db7b.jpeg

Carminat Sat Nav

I know very little about this apart from it's a larger colour LCD, 5 or 6 inch? Displays time, media, radio etc and also has SatNav function that is not highly regarded. Usually has reverse camera. Has the SD card slot next to the screen.

e0590b_aktualizacja-map-renault-tomtom-carminat-50zl-zdjecia.jpg.ab45a276ba571e94c88440d0158ffa72.jpg

RLink 1/RS Monitor 2

Larger 7" LCD display, Media/Radio info and later TomTom satnav. Also has a more comprehensive iteration of RS Monitor, shows analogue dial and bar graph engine info, g meter, acceleration info, laptimer and even has GPS based track maps and data logging capabilities. As well as adjustable throttle maps, shift light/buzzer fine tuning. Reverse Camera is fitted to some, can be retrofitted.

The huge advantage of this unit to me is the ability for it to have Android Auto enabled and therefore access the much more accurate, up to date and subscription free satnav capabilities that android offers. Along with media, voice recognition tech etc.

IMG_20190622_161046.thumb.jpg.c898f3244315834351eae73c67350e3b.jpgIMG_20190622_160538.thumb.jpg.9491517a845377b0c27cde30eacbd5fc.jpg

My personal ranking is RLink first, RSMonitor 1 2nd and Carminat a distant 3rd.

I wanted RLink in my early RS250 so I set about retrofitting it. Not for the faint of heart, but doable. In my case I completely disable the internal SatNav capability to give me more screen real estate on the home screen for media.

Awesome, thanks very much for explaining it properly, really appreciate it. I would have had no idea about the 3 different screens, I thought there was only 2.  So which would be easier, installing the bi xenon headlights or the rs link monitor 7" one (any idea what GPS V2 is)?  As it seems I can't have all my wants in one car and dont really want those recaro seats as I heard they can hurt your back after a while as they dont have as much padding.

Or maybe I could just install white leds or something and would still look bright instead of the hids?

20210831_164307.jpg

Edited by AussieGuy
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, puzzles2 said:

How much did it end up costing you? I've been trying to decide whether its worth it to replace my carminat in my Monaco. Been missing android auto a lot from my previous car.

For me it was DIY, I honestly don't think you'd find an Autoelec willing to even take it on. I have done my Laguna as well, and helped a forum member do it in their 265. The upgrade for a Carminat equipped car is not that difficult. You need the screen, the head unit and the SD card reader, the existing joystick will work even though the labels are a little different. You need to be confident with cutting and splicing into wiring looms though.

Edited by Matt205

4 hours ago, AussieGuy said:

Awesome, thanks very much for explaining it properly, really appreciate it. I would have had no idea about the 3 different screens, I thought there was only 2.  So which would be easier, installing the bi xenon headlights or the rs link monitor 7" one (any idea what GPS V2 is)?  As it seems I can't have all my wants in one car and dont really want those recaro seats as I heard they can hurt your back after a while as they dont have as much padding.

Or maybe I could just install white leds or something and would still look bright instead of the hids?

20210831_164307.jpg

GPSv2 will be RLink. Bi-Xenons can be retrofitted, but it's not totally plug and play, you need to run HID resistors or get all the extra bits that go along with the headlight units, but you also need to find them. RLink retrofit is an advanced level wiring project but doable if you have those skills.

The Recaro's are not at all uncomfortable in my opinion, a little more difficult to get in and out of, but once your seated they are great. I did plenty of Sydney-Canberra runs in mine and never felt they were too hard.

None of the face-lift cars had Xenons, let alone Bi-Xenons.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matt205 said:

GPSv2 will be RLink. Bi-Xenons can be retrofitted, but it's not totally plug and play, you need to run HID resistors or get all the extra bits that go along with the headlight units, but you also need to find them. RLink retrofit is an advanced level wiring project but doable if you have those skills.

The Recaro's are not at all uncomfortable in my opinion, a little more difficult to get in and out of, but once your seated they are great. I did plenty of Sydney-Canberra runs in mine and never felt they were too hard.

None of the face-lift cars had Xenons, let alone Bi-Xenons.

You are a wealth of information about these cars, thank you. So sounds like the R link is the most important thing to get in these cars, but the Xenons would be so cool also, wonder why Renault didn't put them in the facelift versions, very strange, as you think they want to make the newer cars better not worse.

• Thanks 1

I would say RLink is worthwhile especially if you are an Android user, takes it to a very useable place. I haven't seen anyone yet confirm if Apple CarPlay works or not?

I started with a base model 250 Cup but have just added the stuff I wanted, including Bi-Xenons. I tend to keep cars for a while so I have been able to add the bits I wanted over time.

The biggest advantage is I have the will and probably, experience, to tackle the work myself. Having someone do all the mods I have done would be a very expensive excercise assuming you could find someone that would even contemplate taking on the work.

5 minutes ago, Matt205 said:

I would say RLink is worthwhile especially if you are an Android user, takes it to a very useable place. I haven't seen anyone yet confirm if Apple CarPlay works or not?

I started with a base model 250 Cup but have just added the stuff I wanted, including Bi-Xenons. I tend to keep cars for a while so I have been able to add the bits I wanted over time.

The biggest advantage is I have the will and probably, experience, to tackle the work myself. Having someone do all the mods I have done would be a very expensive excercise assuming you could find someone that would even contemplate taking on the work.

Wish you were in Brisbane and I would pay you to do mine 😁

• Haha 1

Final point though, if you are the type of person that has your phone in a mount on the dash or (god forbid) windscreen, then the RLink, nav stuff is probably all a bit pointless. In that case I'd be looking for a 265 with Bi-Xenons and RSMonitor 1.

Just to add confusion!

My phone goes straight into the center console bin connected via USB to the RLink and stays there. My personal opinion is that phones shouldn't be visible or with in reach of the driver.

• Like 2

Sounds like the RS monitor 2 is the way to go and might have to do without the bi xenons, just a shame Renault did it this way. Thanks for all the info you gave me and from the others also.

You got a nice community of helpful people here, thanks. 👊

Edited by AussieGuy

You ask why Renault put a thousand names for the different models... Well I think there's no coincidence with them not selling aa many as they could have. Every "model" is pretty much the same but with different option packs.

By the way there are two red bull editions, RB7 & RB8. The RB8 is the one you want. 

Glad you've found this place helpful!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chuckovski said:

You ask why Renault put a thousand names for the different models... Well I think there's no coincidence with them not selling aa many as they could have. Every "model" is pretty much the same but with different option packs.

By the way there are two red bull editions, RB7 & RB8. The RB8 is the one you want. 

Glad you've found this place helpful!

They only really needed a standard and a premium model, no need to confuse everyone with all the different versions hey and like you said, its just confusing, 9 different versions in the 265, that's just crazy

Edited by AussieGuy

Personally, I wouldn't downgrade on headlights for better in-car audio (but I recognise this is a personal choice). For me, HID or LEDs are non-negotiable in any new-ish car I buy, as otherwise I feel like I can't see s--t driving at night and especially dusk/dawn.

But then again, I may be slightly biased against in-car audio as I rarely even use it... engines and exhausts are my music.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AussieGuy said:

They only really needed a standard and a premium model, no need to confuse everyone with all the different versions hey and like you said, its just confusing, 9 different versions in the 265, that's just crazy

Even between the models they seemed to change the interior materials, like the 265 have everything gloss piano black. My 275 Trophy has such a mix and match feel for interior panels, some are piano black, some matte black, some grey (Speaker surrounds) and some chrome.  If you are stationary for a long period of time you will notice it, but when you are having fun it doesn't matter.

31 minutes ago, hamstrung said:

Personally, I wouldn't downgrade on headlights for better in-car audio (but I recognise this is a personal choice). For me, HID or LEDs are non-negotiable in any new-ish car I buy, as otherwise I feel like I can't see s--t driving at night and especially dusk/dawn.

But then again, I may be slightly biased against in-car audio as I rarely even use it... engines and exhausts are my music.

I only wanted the Rlink for the backup camera and the RS monitor. The visual feedback, even if its sometimes from tabular data, does something for me. Might be because im an Engineer and work with sensors. I think the audio is equal bad through out all the models.

21 hours ago, AussieGuy said:

dont really want those recaro seats as I heard they can hurt your back after a while as they dont have as much padding

I've had an RS250 / RS265 as my Daily driver since 2011 in Sydney.  No back problems  (now the bones in my skinny arse...that's a different issue 😆)

You're a messed up individual. Bloody Hyundai over a megane for starters.....

Let's get one thing straight here...you buy the megane for its performance and handling ability first. Go buy a gt if you want luxury. That's why Renault sport ripped out the Aircon n backseats for Nurburgring.

Stop torturing us with your million questions. Just buy one and be happy with what you get. You will soon forget the luxuries the first corner you nail it through and think F@£k that was quick (but your thinking... hang on maybe I can do it faster...bwoohhaahaa).

Then bore us with your questions.....

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Xrsism said:

You're a messed up individual. Bloody Hyundai over a megane for starters.....

Let's get one thing straight here...you buy the megane for its performance and handling ability first. Go buy a gt if you want luxury. That's why Renault sport ripped out the Aircon n backseats for Nurburgring.

Stop torturing us with your million questions. Just buy one and be happy with what you get. You will soon forget the luxuries the first corner you nail it through and think F@£k that was quick (but your thinking... hang on maybe I can do it faster...bwoohhaahaa).

Then bore us with your questions.....

Nothing wrong with having both, performance and luxury. The car before the Hyundai was a mps3 luxury (yep luxury) it was nice inside (nothing special though) but it didn't look like a fast car and that's what I liked about it. I like a car that's quick but, is comfy and doesn't scream " hey look at me" (specially from cops). I picked the Hyundai as I was desperate and the used car market sucks atm and was looking for a car for 3 months and just got sick of it.

But everyone is different, you like what you like and I like what I like.

• Like 2

The BEST Meg 3 to get is always the LIQUID YELLOW one ! 

It has the standard Chick Magnet, which didn't come in any other special editions.

No bi-xenons, or indeed headlights at all .... but the grin on the ladies faces as you chuck it through the twisties lights up the road ahead perfectly well

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

The 265 808 has front and rear parking sensors in lieu of a reverse camera. I think the other models only had either front or rear (can't remember which it was).

EDIT did a search and appears most have them, not sure why I was thinking some didn't have both.

Edited by DerrickC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rob 240 said:

Ths is a LIQUID YELLOW Meg 3 which is the Chick Magnet one

Buy it

Not Liquid yellow my man, mine is the 8.08 Pearl white. And  yes you should buy it! :) 

8.08, comes with Xenons, Leather Recaros, and front and rear parking sensors. I'm biased but i think they are the best spec.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AussieGuy said:

Nothing wrong with having both, performance and luxury. The car before the Hyundai was a mps3 luxury (yep luxury) it was nice inside (nothing special though) but it didn't look like a fast car and that's what I liked about it. I like a car that's quick but, is comfy and doesn't scream " hey look at me" (specially from cops). I picked the Hyundai as I was desperate and the used car market sucks atm and was looking for a car for 3 months and just got sick of it.

But everyone is different, you like what you like and I like what I like.

You liked it huh....and that's why you sold it in two months....there's so many contradictions in that post it's laughable. 

Look good to see you come to your senses your heading in the right direction, but please don't look back and embarrass yourself anymore.

As far as putting luxury and Megane together in the same sentence, I would say its a contentious issue... Luxury I find is in the handling this car has. Seats aren't bad and take most of the edge off the stiff suspension. You will still drive around manholes n stuff in the road. 

Bi-xenons...pfft...I have them but it's not that great. Normal headlights are fine and I wouldn't miss them. It perhaps only helps a smidge going round really tight corners at slow speed anyway. Then the directional things stuff up and well you know....

I think the dude Alpine has the car for ya....it's up to you now bud....are you actually going to do it or waste our time with a heap more questions.

14 minutes ago, Xrsism said:

You liked it huh....and that's why you sold it in two months....there's so many contradictions in that post it's laughable. 

Look good to see you come to your senses your heading in the right direction, but please don't look back and embarrass yourself anymore.

As far as putting luxury and Megane together in the same sentence, I would say its a contentious issue... Luxury I find is in the handling this car has. Seats aren't bad and take most of the edge off the stiff suspension. You will still drive around manholes n stuff in the road. 

Bi-xenons...pfft...I have them but it's not that great. Normal headlights are fine and I wouldn't miss them. It perhaps only helps a smidge going round really tight corners at slow speed anyway. Then the directional things stuff up and well you know....

I think the dude Alpine has the car for ya....it's up to you now bud....are you actually going to do it or waste our time with a heap more questions.

Did someone get up on the wrong side of the bed 😂  Normally message boards are to learn and ask questions and thats what I did and everyone has been really helpful to the questions I have asked. These cars are not that common and knowledge about them isn't that easy to come buy specially with all the different models Renault came out with and the search function in this group is a bit "how you gojng" you type in something and looks for things all around what you want.

And if you read what I wrote properly I did love my car (the MPS not the hyundai) but normally when I dont like a topic or I have nothing good to say I just skip it. So not sure what you wrote after the first sentence as I skipped the rest.

• Like 2

Bullshit you read it....

And this is just me....it's a good way to sort out who here is a keyboard warrior and who's the real deal. Yeah people are here to help....but don't waste their time with endless questions and no action. That has its limitations. Or does it have to be a one way street to newbies and all rainbows n fairyfloss?

Treat the newbies with kid gloves. They soon sort out if they're here for an argument or will join the community - no flames required (save them for the marshmallows ;)

Ive seen too many communities centred around bullshit calling people out for different taste, that said I've had a fair bit of crap thrown my way for liking small underpowered cars. 

Play nicely thanks gents, and back on topic. If you don't want to help, save your words for elsewhere.

• Like 2

Pretty sure I gave a few helpful hints...somewhere in there....maybe just need to look a bit harder. And truck it....to many overly nice people in the world....do gooding and don't hurt a feeling...bunch of pansies....grumble grumble moan....

Plus he gives as good as he gets.... I don't have a bent out of shape rainbow cause he said he didn't read my post....and pretty sure he can live with my shit too....

Edited by Xrsism

20 minutes ago, Xrsism said:

Bullshit you read it....

And this is just me....it's a good way to sort out who here is a keyboard warrior and who's the real deal. Yeah people are here to help....but don't waste their time with endless questions and no action. That has its limitations. Or does it have to be a one way street to newbies and all rainbows n fairyfloss?

You know by asking a lot of questions it helps and stops the confusion and also this topic might help someone else one day from some of the replies people gave me.

I was always taught, if you dont ask you will never know and I dont even know what a keyboard warrior is mate. I just joined this group to see if anyone had one for sale and it turned into a information topic. Sorry if it offends you to ask questions, but if I cant find the info in Google I thought joining a Renault enthusiast group would be the next best place to ask and glad I did as it cleared up a lot of confusion.

• Like 2

On 31/08/2021 at 11:57 AM, AussieGuy said:

Im after the 265. I want the model with Bi xenon headlights. Been trying to find out which ones come with it but cant find a site that shows all the differences.

All the Trophy’s had bi-xenons, including the 8.08. So did the RB8 (the blue one that is almost black).

None of the facelift ones do, and having had both versions, I’d vouch for the better lighting with the bi-xenons. Don’t discount the ‘skinny’ Recaros, they are quite comfortable, just be aware the bolsters will wear a bit.

Your best bet is to carefully go through any pictures when a car comes up for sale. These have been around so long now some of the current vendors won’t even know exactly what they are selling.

• Like 1

Why do you think it's uncivil....would you not give a guy some friendly flack if he mentioned to you that he wants to buy a meg then buys a Hyundai... regrets it... sells the car and comes back saying he wants to buy a meg....case dismissed. 

Or should we bend over a third time when he comes back saying he was butt hurt by my comments, bought a Suzuki sport just to spite me....but later regretted it....

Edited by Xrsism

30 minutes ago, Xrsism said:

Why do you think it's uncivil....would you not give a guy some friendly flack if he mentioned to you that he wants to buy a meg then buys a Hyundai... regrets it... sells the car and comes back saying he wants to buy a meg....case dismissed. 

Or should we bend over a third time when he comes back saying he was butt hurt by my comments, bought a Suzuki sport just to spite me....but later regretted it....

This definitely can’t be lockdown rage, because you have that megalomaniac keeping you safe and happy over there in New West Ghanistan - so why so angry? 🤔😀

• Like 4

Ahh the lost art of giving people shit...and them not taking it too serious.

Nobody is angry my friend....IF I TYPE LIKE THIS perhaps but alas no.

Why do people here seem so easy to let slip that this wolf in sheep's clothing has bought a Hyundai (and not even an I30N, which may have been forgivable) over one of our own. Won't somebody think of those here in our hallowed church....waiting patiently for their new meg4 to arrive all shiny and new. Look to them I say....those that have the patience too wait....not some lowly car slut...who can't wait for the holy wheels to finally arrive in his garage. He pimped himself out to the lowly red light Hyundai and now has regret when he caught some dirty disease off it. 

Good riddance I say and suffer with your derision for your lowly mistake.

All hail the shiny new....

images.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Xrsism said:

Ahh the lost art of giving people shit...and them not taking it too serious.

Nobody is angry my friend....IF I TYPE LIKE THIS perhaps but alas no.

Why do people here seem so easy to let slip that this wolf in sheep's clothing has bought a Hyundai (and not even an I30N, which may have been forgivable) over one of our own. Won't somebody think of those here in our hallowed church....waiting patiently for their new meg4 to arrive all shiny and new. Look to them I say....those that have the patience too wait....not some lowly car slut...who can't wait for the holy wheels to finally arrive in his garage. He pimped himself out to the lowly red light Hyundai and now has regret when he caught some dirty disease off it. 

Good riddance I say and suffer with your derision for your lowly mistake.

All hail the shiny new....

images.jpeg

Dude.

Can I have some of what you’re smoking? 
Epic rant BTW.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

If I had an extra 10-15k what I spent on the SR, dont you think I would have got the N model? I loved going from a MPS to a i30 sr 1.6L turbo and a Auto (which ive never owned in my life) but I thought it was a least a turbo and did 0-100 in 6.9secs with the RS chip I bought.  I was originally looking for a Golf R over everything but something happened and cut my budget in half. Try being in Qld and try and find any nice used car Turbo with this stupid Covid going on and seems everyone just wants a used turbo under 25k.

Just do a quick search on Carsales and look in the Brisbane area and see what comes up. Everytime I find a car its in Perth (other side of Australia) they got heaps of nice ones down there. Been looking for a Focus ST, Astra VXR, RS Megane (of course, since im back here again) every car up here is thrashed with so many mods done to it, with stupidly high Ks, its like they bring the cars up here to die.

I dont know why I have to defend myself why I bought the hyundai, but these arent normal times and when you only have so much to spend and I can only wait so long to buy a car. And my MPS I bought 5 years ago, I flew down to Newcastle to get it, cant do that anymore 😭

Mate, don’t disregard cars interstate. Over the years I’ve bought dozens of cars (and motorbikes) from other States.

In May my Toyota 86 came from Perth. In August, my KTM came down from Brisbane. 
Have a good relationship with the seller, ask for plenty of photos, a walk round video chat, do your homework and buy!

• Like 1