Im wanting to buy again, anyone selling now?

AussieGuy

44 minutes ago, AussieGuy said:

I dont know why I have to defend myself why I bought the hyundai, 

Soft ! I bought a Citroen C2 and I had to learn to fight to defend myself 

A Hyundai?  that’s fine 

just buy the pearl white 808 . Fabulous spec . 

problem solved 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, speedfiend41 said:

Mate, don’t disregard cars interstate. 

What speedy said 

just bought an Alfa ( I know , I know ) in Perth after video inspection. Easy as 

99% of us are here to help. There always seem to be the 1% sadly... Though on the golf forum it's the other way around. Glad you steered away from the R!

I suggest posting up what you see and we can comment/guess what it is. Also if it's known in the forum. That's the easiest way! 

Happy to help out in any way. If there are cars in the Illawarra you need to me to look at let me know.

I've also bought interstate before. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, chuckovski said:

99% of us are here to help. There always seem to be the 1% sadly... Though on the golf forum it's the other way around. Glad you steered away from the R!

I suggest posting up what you see and we can comment/guess what it is. Also if it's known in the forum. That's the easiest way! 

Happy to help out in any way. If there are cars in the Illawarra you need to me to look at let me know.

I've also bought interstate before. 

I dont want to do that, I will get attacked bigtime then 😂.

There are a few im looking at and all Interstate. Its just I only got 22k total and have to take into account, the buy it now price, then stamp duty, I would want to get an inspection done on it and then have to work out how to get it back to Brisbane. Last time I flew down to Newcastle, the owner picked me up from the airport and I drove it back. Now that's not possible I dont think and dont know if I trust to get it transported back and how much it would even cost or who even does it.

Edited by AussieGuy
  • Like 1

Ok here goes, these are some of the ones I've been looking at on Carsales:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2013-renault-megane-r-s-265-trophy-manual/SSE-AD-7369582/?Cr=2 this one is black but looks nice from the pictures

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2012-renault-megane-r-s-250-cup-trophee-manual/SSE-AD-7354478/?Cr=22  this is a older one then i wanted but seems like a good price and has the lights and a bigger screen

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2013-renault-megane-r-s-265-cup-manual/SSE-AD-7296898/?Cr=3 and this one has some panel damage with a couple of deep scratches and gutter rash on every mag

Edited by AussieGuy
  • Like 1

Hey, don’t worry about being flamed. Most ppl on here are great and you can just ignore the others :)

I can’t help you with the cars but you can transport interstate for <1k in most cases. CEVA is one of the main carriers, there’s one more but the name escapes me. Just beware that many others are agency services which still use CEVA, so if anything did go wrong there might be accountability issues.

12 hours ago, speedfiend41 said:

Dude.

Can I have some of what you’re smoking? 
Epic rant BTW.

All good SF.....happy to do so....anytime...

Just pm me and package is on the way...comes neatly packaged in a 1:25 replica of the mark4 exhaust for your convenience and enjoyment.....

And for you others...Alfa and Citroen lovers I will cast away my eyes for now....but your discretions have been noted.....and it will be used against you at any stage.....

Wow that went off on a tangent.....

I've been off picking pansies, questioning my manhood, and repenting for my sins of having brands other than Renault in my current and past fleet. Sincere apologies.

Again, sorry for providing useful information to a heathen, my only shining light of hope is that, at some stage, a true believer stumbles across my offering and finds it useful.

The problem with 'wit' in a forum setting is that often only 'half' of it is apparent.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, AussieGuy said:

Ok here goes, these are some of the ones I've been looking at on Carsales:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2013-renault-megane-r-s-265-trophy-manual/SSE-AD-7369582/?Cr=2 this one is black but looks nice from the pictures

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2012-renault-megane-r-s-250-cup-trophee-manual/SSE-AD-7354478/?Cr=22  this is a older one then i wanted but seems like a good price and has the lights and a bigger screen

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2013-renault-megane-r-s-265-cup-manual/SSE-AD-7296898/?Cr=3 and this one has some panel damage with a couple of deep scratches and gutter rash on every mag

Well to start with they're all labelled correctly, so that's a good thing. The Sydney ones have either mentioned renotech or can be inspected by them. 

They all seem stock, though the aftermarket sound system in one hasn't got any photos of it. Odd. 

Any in southern Sydney you can request Paul V do pre purchase inspection in Carlton. 

None are near me sorry! 

15 hours ago, AussieGuy said:

I dont know why I have to defend myself why I bought the hyundai, but these arent normal times and when you only have so much to spend and I can only wait so long to buy a car. And my MPS I bought 5 years ago, I flew down to Newcastle to get it, cant do that anymore 😭

Don't worry about Xrsism. I think it's that time of the month for him.

3 hours ago, Matt205 said:

1] I've been off picking pansies, questioning my manhood, and

2] repenting for my sins of having brands other than Renault in my current and past fleet. Sincere apologies.

in reply i can say

1] so you're an MX5 driver then ?

2] repent you sinner - getting rid of the C2 was the first step to your showing true brand loyalty . good work.

1 hour ago, chuckovski said:

Well to start with they're all labelled correctly, so that's a good thing. The Sydney ones have either mentioned renotech or can be inspected by them. 

They all seem stock, though the aftermarket sound system in one hasn't got any photos of it. Odd. 

Any in southern Sydney you can request Paul V do pre purchase inspection in Carlton. 

None are near me sorry! 

Thats ok thanks anyway for offering. Im considering the Focus ST also, these 2 seem to be the ones I like. I would just like to find one close in person so I could view it and test drive it, would be so much easier then going off pictures and just reviews from other people.

Maybe which ever one turns up first, I might go for 🤷‍♂️.

Was looking at this Focus ST also, but of course its miles away.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2013-ford-focus-st-lw-mkii-manual/SSE-AD-7363418/?Cr=2

Edited by AussieGuy

14 minutes ago, AussieGuy said:

Thats ok thanks anyway for offering. Im considering the Focus ST also, these 2 seem to be the ones I like. I would just like to find one close in person so I could view it and test drive it, would be so much easier then going off pictures and just reviews from other people.

Maybe which ever one turns up first, I might go for 🤷‍♂️.

Was looking at this Focus ST also, but of course its miles away.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2013-ford-focus-st-lw-mkii-manual/SSE-AD-7363418/?Cr=2

Oh man....seriously....are you here for a beating or what? Now that you have the rest of these cool crew sucked in you drop the fart in the elevator...oh the humanity....

look here is some research for you. Clear your mind and do as Matt did. Question your manhood. Watch the video below and meditate on it. 

https://youtu.be/2IQHjxX1wlw

When you have finally made up your mind then come back to us....

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Xrsism said:

Oh man....seriously....are you here for a beating or what? Now that you have the rest of these cool crew sucked in you drop the fart in the elevator...oh the humanity....

look here is some research for you. Clear your mind and do as Matt did. Question your manhood. Watch the video below and meditate on it. 

https://youtu.be/2IQHjxX1wlw

When you have finally made up your mind then come back to us....

You dont have to read the topic if you dont like it. Just seems like your bored and want some attention. I dont need to research anymore because the people in here have helped, just got to find one.

Can you help me find one  😝😂

Fords are the Devils Spawn. This is a Holden Lovers Forum.

We might be married to Renault Sport but occasionally we like a date with a real Aussie legend

The white 808 is fabulous even if it doesn't have the Liquid Yellow Chick Magnet Option

I have a great contact at CEVA to book the transport for you at a great rate ... but they do NOT transport Fords and I don't introduce her to Ford Buyers.

Thems the Rules

• Haha 5

Why can’t we all get along? 😪

As everyone know, if you can’t decide about Meg 3s….the sensible thing always is to buy a Pug 308 GTi 270

/thread close

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, rob 240 said:

Fords are the Devils Spawn. This is a Holden Lovers Forum.

We might be married to Renault Sport but occasionally we like a date with a real Aussie legend

The white 808 is fabulous even if it doesn't have the Liquid Yellow Chick Magnet Option

I have a great contact at CEVA to book the transport for you at a great rate ... but they do NOT transport Fords and I don't introduce her to Ford Buyers.

Thems the Rules

Haha, called Ceva and they were like $1200, from VIC to Brisbane thats crazy. Would just love to be able to fly down and have a nice drive back, stupid covid hey. 

When I do comparisons they always say the ST is the better daily driver and the megane is the better track car. I want a daily driver and the only Holden Turbo was the VXR 2014.  And even though I previously owned an Astra turbo sri 03 and never a Ford , the focus looks more appealing then the vxr. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AussieGuy said:

You dont have to read the topic if you dont like it. Just seems like your bored and want some attention. I dont need to research anymore because the people in here have helped, just got to find one.

Can you help me find one  😝😂

Ugh...Already did that...under Alpines post. White 8:08....for sale....pics in the for sale section...looks well looked after and in good condition. Nice car actually Alpine.

Aftermarket wheels, Dyno report...etc etc but your in Qld blah blah....true meg lover would cross the Simpson desert chuck some dirt wheels on and drive it back....

Plus you haven't been honest at all. Finally revealed you want a daily and the ST is your first preference....the megs a good daily and a tracker....get the best of both worlds...but alas we will see you in another soon to be made post where you will again regale us in your tales of woe and regretting....

• Haha 1

On 30/08/2021 at 10:40 PM, AussieGuy said:

So if anyone in the Brisbane area is selling a nice one thats stock, low ks and a white, blue or grey, just let me know, thanks.

I did check the for sale section before I posted and saw Alpines post, but its not what im after. I don't like modded cars because it attracts to much attention. The most I would do to a Megane RS or Focus ST would be a ECU tune. Because if a cop pulled you over the car will just look stock and wont have any problems  and thats what I want. Thats all I did to my MPS and never had a issue and loved it.

• Confused 1

From what I can see it's really on suspension, exhaust and a tune. 

You may be hard pressed to find a car with all your read and no mods and at the lower end of the price spectrum. 

I'm being selfish really though, I want you to buy it to remove the temptation for everyone else here...ok me...

• Haha 2

The best daily is not a Ford - it’s a Camry 

cheap to run , all the luxury items stock , don’t attract attention , reliable , hold their value - fits the bill perfectly 

unlike a Meggy , it won’t pull chicks but hey / it’s sensible transport 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This ones silver , way under budget , at those klms it’s barely run in for a Camry 

the taxi guys get 500,000 Klm just changing the oil ! ( warm engine all the time but still ) 

03F0E0BB-F26F-42DF-85E6-7CAE7FA94242.png

5 minutes ago, rob 240 said:

The best daily is not a Ford - it’s a Camry 

cheap to run , all the luxury items stock , don’t attract attention , reliable , hold their value - fits the bill perfectly 

unlike a Meggy , it won’t pull chicks but hey / it’s sensible transport 

Im looking at this one also (its the closest one to me) but its hard to negotiate a price with him. He doesnt want to move very much and my only obstacle

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2013-renault-megane-r-s-265-red-bull-rb8-manual/SSE-AD-7166903/?Cr=6

What do you think of this one, know much about this model?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, rob 240 said:

This ones silver , way under budget , at those klms it’s barely run in for a Camry 

the taxi guys get 500,000 Klm just changing the oil ! ( warm engine all the time but still ) 

03F0E0BB-F26F-42DF-85E6-7CAE7FA94242.png

Haha, when I said good daily driver, I still mean a turbo and not a Grandads car 😂. My mps 3 was a awesome daily driver but I just wanted to upgrade it, otherwise I would have kept it.

• Haha 1

Why is it old guys won’t be sensible and negotiate? There’s a Brera been advertised for two years , he asked 18500 we offered 17 cash transfer immediately, he then puts price up to 19500 , its the only one not sold , he’s now asking 23. Weird . 2 years ! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rob 240 said:

Why is it old guys won’t be sensible and negotiate? There’s a Brera been advertised for two years , he asked 18500 we offered 17 cash transfer immediately, he then puts price up to 19500 , its the only one not sold , he’s now asking 23. Weird . 2 years ! 

Its weird hey. I sold my Mazda 3 mps 2010 luxury with 88000ks in immaculate condition for $17500 3 months ago and could have easily got over $20k. But I sold it for what I thought was fair and went down from the already listed price of $18500. I just wish others would do the same for me haha.

The guy that is selling this is retiring and seems like a nice guy on the phone but is comparing the price of his to other redbull models, but if they dont sell for those listed prices, it means they are to high. This model im looking at now has been listed for over 4 months, they are only worth what people are willing to pay. He isnt very negotiable unfortunately so not sure i can afford it unless my circumstances change soon or he has a change of heart.

51 minutes ago, AussieGuy said:

Im looking at this one also (its the closest one to me) but its hard to negotiate a price with him. He doesnt want to move very much and my only obstacle

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2013-renault-megane-r-s-265-red-bull-rb8-manual/SSE-AD-7166903/?Cr=6

What do you think of this one, know much about this model?

Offer them genuinely what you think it's worth, and if that's more than you have then offer what you have.

If I sell my Focus RS and Clio IV I'd like to be back in a meg III, and the RB8 would be my ideal.

That's pretty low km and if negotiable then a great deal. 

Check it out when you can and get a PPI. 

When you make an offer don't say something like "will you take $XXX?". That just makes you sound like a time waster.

Go in with an offer where you say "if you accept my offer of $XXX, I WILL buy the car and I'm happy to put down a deposit". It puts the seller under pressure to make up their mind. Hopefully in your favour.

• Like 2

Great find matt !!

thats the one then , forget the elderly dreamer 

when we’re buying a proper car  - we work out what it’s worth , offer to transfer the funds immediately and if they don’t take it they’re crazy . 

14 minutes ago, rob 240 said:

Great find matt !!

thats the one then , forget the elderly dreamer 

when we’re buying a proper car  - we work out what it’s worth , offer to transfer the funds immediately and if they don’t take it they’re crazy . 

So what do you think the redbull megane is worth in that link I posted?  The guy said he has been offered $24500 already from a car dealer and if he doesnt get a better offer he will sell it to them. I said I might be able to go to 24k and he was really struggling with that much.

1 hour ago, Matt205 said:

And i have already seen this one, thanks anyway

I think he's full of sh!t....he would have done it by now otherwise. 4mths and saying he's going to get the same with a dealer.... delusional cantankerous f@rktard. 

You know....I've heard the Mongols used to beat their opponents by torturing them...yeah massive news flash I know and I'm not condoning actually going round n torturing him till he gives in, although never leave an option truly out.... but thing is, it was by making them wait a looong time as they came closer. The anticipation was too much. Fear n anxiety creeps in you see....

Go round a few times to see the car....ring him and talk about it....get a mechanic to look at it....torture him to death....and then when he cracks with impatience...offer the number you want and give the timeline for acceptance. It's what the Mongols would do....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AussieGuy said:

The guy said he has been offered $24500 already from a car dealer and if he doesnt get a better offer he will sell it to them. I said I

And i have already seen this one, thanks anyway

Car Dealers DO NOT go offering private sellers anything above Redbook value. He's pulling your chain.

Inspect the car, negotiate a price letting him know you have money ready and will leave deposit.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Xrsism said:

I think he's full of sh!t....he would have done it by now otherwise. 4mths and saying he's going to get the same with a dealer.... delusional cantankerous f@rktard. 

You know....I've heard the Mongols used to beat their opponents by torturing them...yeah massive news flash I know and I'm not condoning actually going round n torturing him till he gives in, although never leave an option truly out.... but thing is, it was by making them wait a looong time as they came closer. The anticipation was too much. Fear n anxiety creeps in you see....

Go round a few times to see the car....ring him and talk about it....get a mechanic to look at it....torture him to death....and then when he cracks with impatience...offer the number you want and give the timeline for acceptance. It's what the Mongols would do....

I cant go see the car in person, even though he is in qld he is still 4-5 hrs drive from where I live and if it was a good price, I was just going to settle it and fly up (which costs $160 one way as I checked). He said he just moved from Brisbane 3 weeks a go which sucks. But I have called him and talked to him on the phone when he told me he won't go below 24k and if he doesnt get that price in the next couple of weeks he will take the $24500 price he has been offered from a dealer.

To me that price seemed unlikely also, he said the car also needed 2 front tyres and rego is due in November. His reasoning for pricing it so high is he said "because its a limited edition and only so many in Australia and around the world" But to me (even though I'm not a expert) all these RS 265s are limited in Australia and hard to get and I think the only thing that makes his special is the colour and because it has both the RS monitor and Bi xenon headlights.

16 minutes ago, AussieGuy said:

I cant go see the car in person, even though he is in qld he is still 4-5 hrs drive from where I live and if it was a good price, I was just going to settle it and fly up (which costs $160 one way as I checked). He said he just moved from Brisbane 3 weeks a go which sucks. But I have called him and talked to him on the phone when he told me he won't go below 24k and if he doesnt get that price in the next couple of weeks he will take the $24500 price he has been offered from a dealer.

To me that price seemed unlikely also, he said the car also needed 2 front tyres and rego is due in November. His reasoning for pricing it so high is he said "because its a limited edition and only so many in Australia and around the world" But to me (even though I'm not a expert) all these RS 265s are limited in Australia and hard to get and I think the only thing that makes his special is the colour and because it has both the RS monitor and Bi xenon headlights.

Mate, he's lying. As others have said, put a time-bound offer on the table for what it's worth to you and be prepared to walk away.

If I had a solid offer on the table from a dealer which was acceptable to me, I'd simply take so as NOT to have to deal with ppl... it's a friggin' circus on carsales, for performance cars you get 4x time wasters for every one genuine buyer

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rob 240 said:

You'll find that "old" guys may not be as desperate for the cash as "young" guys, who might need it to buy another car, so they'll stick to their principles and sell the car when the right buyer/price comes along. 

And I know the Brera you're talking about, it's been for sale for ages, thought there may have been something wrong with it.....