Im wanting to buy again, anyone selling now?

AussieGuy

26 minutes ago, hamstrung said:

Mate, he's lying. As others have said, put a time-bound offer on the table for what it's worth to you and be prepared to walk away.

If I had a solid offer on the table from a dealer which was acceptable to me, I'd simply take so as NOT to have to deal with ppl... it's a friggin' circus on carsales, for performance cars you get 4x time wasters for every one genuine buyer

What do you think its worth?  He is using the reasoning because this is a limited edition, but all the RS  models are limited editions over here anyway lol

5 minutes ago, earlybird said:

Imagine if we had a used RS dealer like this in Australia https://www.performanceonly.co.uk/showroom

Wow, thats a nice one. I noticed the UK gets way more turbo cars then we do. They get a lot of the Astra VXR's Scirocco R's, Golf GTI and R's and probably heaps more Meganes then we do, so their prices are heaps cheaper.  I was also looking at Scirocco R to,but they are overpriced for what they are

3 minutes ago, AussieGuy said:

Wow, thats a nice one. I noticed the UK gets way more turbo cars then we do. They get a lot of the Astra VXR's Scirocco R's, Golf GTI and R's and probably heaps more Meganes then we do, so their prices are heaps cheaper.  

Actually not much cheaper (Meganes), those advertised have odometer in miles so multiply by 1.6 for kms.....most are relatively high k's and well over $AUD20K. But yes, generally cheaper in the UK.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AussieGuy said:

What do you think its worth?  He is using the reasoning because this is a limited edition, but all the RS  models are limited editions over here anyway lol

It's not worth anything to me as I'm not looking to buy a Meg 3 ;)

he told me he won't go below 24k and if he doesnt get that price in the next couple of weeks he will take the $24500 price he has been offered from a dealer

I've had this before. If you remain interested in it. simply say you can't pay that much but if the dealer arrangement falls through, you're interested. No need to insult him, and if he comes back to you, you'll know immediately he was ...ermm...bullsh!tting!

• Like 2

Actually just looking at the ad....kms are pretty low...under ten years old....limited edition with a brand well known to racing....hmmm...I think your offer of 24 would be pretty much on the mark however his asking is probably not far off either. At that lower kays you would have a lot of life left to enjoy in that car  Questions would be around the engine. Cambelt, major servicing if all good...tyres needing replacing could be a good bargaining point. Racing history?

I think ttimbos idea is probably more practical than mine....go with his....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Honest Gaza said:

Looks like I have to relinquish my membership of the forum now 😝 

don't worry , mods will ban  if not Holden Lover  😁🤣💔

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, rob 240 said:

don't worry , mods will ban  if not Holden Lover  😁🤣💔

Do any of them own a vxr 2014 by anychance? I was originally interested in one of these (a blue one with 40000 ks) but the owner wants like 25k (its been available for like 5 months) and I know parts are expensive for those. Don't know how they compare to the Megane (parts, cost wise) though.

3 hours ago, AussieGuy said:

vxr 2014

Good in theory, disappointing in practice. Too heavy, with none of the attention to front suspension geometry of the Megane

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, pedro said:

Man, I’m gonna read this thread again, but this time I’m making some popcorn. I hope you buy your car soon, cos the world has a finite oil supply. 

Haha yeah me to man, hopefully someone else might find something useful in here anyway 😀.  Its just really hard to decide when I cant test drive the car or see it in person. Im really in-between the Focus ST 2014 now and the Megane RS 265. Ive been reading reviews and watching videos non stop trying to decide between the 2 and everytime I think I know I change my mind 😭.

See, there is a really nice Focus ST for sale thats prestine with only 60000ks and its white and its in my price range $21500 (the colour I want , but Interstate of course) but I have no idea now it drives. The reviewers say the focus ST is a better daily driver, but the Megane is a bit faster. I like fast and like the looks of the Megane but cant find any white ones with low ks in perfect condition, if I did, I think I would get the RS, but it has to be a  nice one.

Im going to check out this megane near me (even though its a repairable writeoff) at least I can see what they look like in person and how it drives.

• Like 1

You can only read and watch so much reviews. Look, I think you just need to make a call and decide. If it’s interstate, get a PPI done, make a deal and have it delivered. 
When I was in London, two months before coming back, I bought a Megane interstate sight unseen. Recently I bought a Clio also interstate sight unseen. I didn’t test drive either of them, but I knew from research what I wanted and backed myself. 
Everyone has been so accommodating here well mostly anyway, but either you get a Ford or a Renault, probably time to decide. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AussieGuy said:

Haha yeah me to man, hopefully someone else might find something useful in here anyway 😀.  Its just really hard to decide when I cant test drive the car or see it in person. Im really in-between the Focus ST 2014 now and the Megane RS 265. Ive been reading reviews and watching videos non stop trying to decide between the 2 and everytime I think I know I change my mind 😭.

See, there is a really nice Focus ST for sale thats prestine with only 60000ks and its white and its in my price range $21500 (the colour I want , but Interstate of course) but I have no idea now it drives. The reviewers say the focus ST is a better daily driver, but the Megane is a bit faster. I like fast and like the looks of the Megane but cant find any white ones with low ks in perfect condition, if I did, I think I would get the RS, but it has to be a  nice one.

Im going to check out this megane near me (even though its a repairable writeoff) at least I can see what they look like in person and how it drives.

FFS - just get ON with it! 🤯🤣

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, speedfiend41 said:

Yes, indeed, and not much point chewing over the virtues/vices of a Focus ST here (or anywhere — is there a real enthusiasts’ forum for them?) without having driven one. I just can’t recall hearing reading of anyone being in paroxysms of ecstacy after having driven one, Whereas, with the Megane, once you know, you know!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, speedfiend41 said:

I have been watching this thread very closely indeed and like others, can I just say if you are even considering daily driving comfort as one of the deciding factor, then perhaps the Megane RS3 is not for you at all.

If you have been reading enough reviews already, you would know that Renaults are first and foremost about how they drive and with that comfort is generally not what the engineers of the time have thought much about.

Please just take one out for a spin and decide on it already. I think most of us here are saying that if you want the ultimate drivers car at this price point, nothing comes close to the RS (all reviewers will have said the same).

And if bi-xenons or comfy leather seats are something you must have but can’t stretch on the budget; then the RS is not for you. I would just get whatever Megane RS I can (with proper maintenance and history of course) for how much you can afford) and learn to enjoy the quirks and the lack of comfort AND the driving prowess these beasts provide!!

You have this weekend to mull this over and we are secretly hoping you’d choose the Megane - there I did it; gave you a timeframe 

FYI I like yourself read reviews for 6 months and test drove one and the rest is history. I didn’t end up buying the one I test drove but bought one sight unseen from Sydney (had Renotech do a PPI).

• Like 1

Can't say I have ever driven a Focus. They look great, but I don't like four doors. Just a personal thing. For me, the Megane is such a sexy looking car, and far more stylish. Are they outgunned by a Focus RS? Maybe, but you will only know when you drive it. For me, the Megane talks to me. It's exciting and expressive and it's not about how fast it goes but how it makes you feel. I have owned (and I really hate admitting it- over 40 cars in my lifetime and the only car that gave me that fun factor aside from a Megane was an RX7 FD. It is really the only car I can compare it with in the way the car engages you. But I agree with Goatman, you have to drive it to know. Don't worry about reviews too much; they'll do your head in. You might end up saying stuff it and buy a Beige Camry :) 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pedro said:

Can't say I have ever driven a Focus. They look great, but I don't like four doors. Just a personal thing. For me, the Megane is such a sexy looking car, and far more stylish. Are they outgunned by a Focus RS? Maybe, but you will only know when you drive it. For me, the Megane talks to me. It's exciting and expressive and it's not about how fast it goes but how it makes you feel. I have owned (and I really hate admitting it- over 40 cars in my lifetime and the only car that gave me that fun factor aside from a Megane was an RX7 FD. It is really the only car I can compare it with in the way the car engages you. But I agree with Goatman, you have to drive it to know. Don't worry about reviews too much; they'll do your head in. You might end up saying stuff it and buy a Beige Camry :) 

Yep. 

If that RB8 was near me I'd think about selling my RS (though now I've fixed the far too quiet exhaust I'm pretty happy again) and buying the Meg for half the money. 

I actually bought my Megane based on reviewers with whom I tend to agree (you know, the Sutcliffe and co lot, can't recall the others) and man was I happy. 

I think if it's ride comfort that's easily fixed by getting the repairable write off (but I think that car is overpriced for being one) as that has the 18" Tibors. It's a tiny but significant difference IMHO. The leather seats are what I had in my 265 trophy+. 

Make sure you see the accident photos and get it checked out by a panel beater too, as well as the PPI. 

In the end when I got mine I didn't care what extras it had and didn't have. I dailied it for two or three years and just enjoyed every moment.

I know a few ST owners and they all bemoan the lack of LSD even for road use. Don't go there IMHO. Unless you're going to come into a bit of cash and put in an LSD and tune the crap out of it (they are very tunable). 

Just for info, this OP has been asking the same questions he’s asked here on every FB page related to Renault’s. He’s been answered Christ knows how many times in all of them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1