808 8OY

rob 240

hi guys i'm not new here and I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself as a new 808 owner :hyper:

i decided to get the LY as theres a guy on here I've seen saying it pulls chicks 8) so I'm looking forward to that and if it doesnt , no matter , it still looks the best colour on the road today

am heading off for holidays in a few days so have arranged pick up for when we get back so dont picsorban me yet . find out the limited edition number today so will let you know for the register

when deciding what car to get , I read all the reviews :news: and didnt consider the GTI , MPS, Evo X or Focus , although if I'd had another bundle of cash to throw around the M135i wouldve not come close .. or an offer on the blue V6 :D .

this looks like a great place to hang out and look foward to seeing you on a run in the new year in the 808

Welcome to OZ RS, I'm sure you will fit in well around here.

Did you consider the GT86 at all?? I hear they are great cars.

Post some pictures up when you can.

thanks for the welcome guys ! :mrgreen:

although its a nice thing to say Apex , you can't assume I'll fit in as I dont like Toy*tas [ and I've seen a thread here called ''rollas are great'' or something by a guy called H ] and another one here 500+ pages long on that POS little new thing , what they call it , GG96 or something ?

and yes griff , was trolling the trolls over there last week . what were you doing there , out of the closet as a toyo lover ?

my 808 is # 94 and he's dying to get out there with me cruising and trawling for the ladies....... :nod:

and no crowny . no one jokes about getting a LY 808 . its a serious performance car :hail: and goes really well flat out

Congrats bro.

U b cruzin' Georgie soon. dey be mirin'.

U hav 2 go 4 dat sik plate "OICHIX".

But seriously, will need a photoshoot with 172, 197, R26, 265, V6 and Spider now... 2 silver, 2 blue and 2 LY!

Regards,

Alex

Nice one Rob!

Does this mean the R26 will be the track pig now? Got your R26R parts list order form filled out? :popcorn:

Will you be leaving her all yellow or doing the roof?

Enjoy, and Happy Christmas!

Congrats on the new car Bob Boy. Just watch out for a member called Rob240 he's a bit of a tosser who's love for Toyota's, extreme left wing politics and the Pedestrian Council of Australia makes him a bit blinkered to our way of life here on the OzRS forums. An old git really...

Congrats again.

Cheers,

Trent

Wow ... Congrats !! Trademarks_0381.gifTrademarks_0381.gif

Sooo Much Liquid Yellow for One Man !!! e7d49ecc.gif

Now remember Young Skywalker..... you must only use the Power Of Liquid Yellow for Good... Never Evil !!! :PsSW_saberfight.gif

aww I love it!

yes too much liquid yellow ! is there any possible thing!

i am SO SO jealous and yet SO SO SO happy for you at the same time! :)

ah cant wait to get some of these LY 808s together and some LY R26's for a shoot hehe :) challenge the 12 silver Clios with some liquid yellow heaven from last years nats!! :) haha

Congratulations! yay!!! :)

Jen

xo

:rofl::rofl: at all the above . and trent you've summed it up !

Edi , good to hear from you . about time you joined the RS fraternity . coooler and better than a VAG , classier than the evo, if not quite so track quick

yep ,sold evo , just ran out of room and a friend of buddys was interested . i really miss her , especially at speed off the streets days when she was always at the front of the field , even while driving one handed while the GF talked dirty on the phone . such a lot of grip and grunt ! shouldnt have sold .

this 808 gig was something that just happened as the plan was to reduce the fleet but when a car of such quality and in LY beckons , you have to go for it :mrgreen:

rob i'm scared to see your yearly rego, greenslip and insurance for your cars :shock:

The solution is to buy a small island in the pacific, where toyotas are banned (unless powering British sports cars), where rego is free and RS get unlimited access to local circuit facilities.

^ will just stick with a stick on shopping list this time . heaps cheaper

brendan - do NOT mention the annual bills , swmbo hasnt worked it out yet

:lol::lol:

dazed and confused

the only people i know who have ordered an 86 are our 87 year old neighbour and his 85 [ average is , of course , 86 ] year old wife who await delivery of their red manual in april . they used to drive celicas . he has a knee and a hip replacement so struggled to get out of the Lotus when he asked to sit in it . that might not be the target market for T*yota but it does say something about the brand and model

the above is not a joke . alex and the melbourne boys met them when they walked by while we had a garage full of RS they wanted to check out a few weeks back

:lol::lol:

dazed and confused

the only people i know who have ordered an 86 are our 87 year old neighbour and his 85 [ average is , of course , 86 ] year old wife who await delivery of their red manual in april . they used to drive celicas . he has a knee and a hip replacement so struggled to get out of the Lotus when he asked to sit in it . that might not be the target market for T*yota but it does say something about the brand and model

the above is not a joke . alex and the melbourne boys met them when they walked by while we had a garage full of RS they wanted to check out a few weeks back

It's funny I see older professional types like doctors driving them, more women than men, as I live near Westmead hospital. One even had a wanker custom plate and looked late 40s.

Congratulations Rob on the latest addition to the collection. Obviously you've been a good boy this year and Santa is ready to grant your wish, after by-passing the 250.

For your own sanity, DO NOT allow your 87 yo neighbour to sit in the 265 once he gets his new 86, come reborn Celica / late-life crisis thing in April. He'll realise his mistake and take off in your 265 and leave you stranded with the 86.

There would be only one thing you could do with it then. Get a tow truck (because you don't want to be spotted driving it) to take it to your hairdresser and leave it as a gift... well actually just swap for a lifetime of 'free' haircuts. Failing that take it to SWMBO hairdresser for the same deal. That way you might even come out in front (given how much women get charged).

hum , good idea . although we have the same local hair place but different cutters , appropraitely swmbo the camp one , me the cute brunette . theyd probably like an 86 to share

the old neighbours are great - most their age are in nursing homes and theyre getting a manual coupe . reshpect