Was this fate?

whitejet

G'day everyone!

My name is Nick and I'm a proud owner of the Renault Megane RS 250 Monaco GP Limited Edition.

I'd never heard of this forum let alone had any interest in Renault cars. BUT! On the 28-8-11 my wife and I were the first to buy and register the 1st delivered :hail: Monaco in Australia!! I feel that it is fate that I own this sexy beast. It's kinda funny how it all happened. My wife and I are pure rev petrol heads and we had spent a good month prior to the HOLLY day looking at cars with oomph and luxury. We began our journey at Mazda in Werribee where we met the Mazda MPS. We found this car quite nice but the ride just didn't feel right. We then ventured next door to VW, there where we found a Golf GTi and a Golf R (4 door) awaiting for our right foot to slam the accelerator pedal into it's kick panel. We did like both cars but we just couldn't justify the money they wanted and at the same time I didn't feel that there was bang for bucks in any of the two cars, plus, the Golf R DSG felt as if it lagged on takeoff. It was as if the car thought about taking off for a split second which was quite noticeable to my wife and I. Also, both cars from a distance just looked like another "Golf".. So we moved on. A week later we found ourselves looking at a couple of feisty Subaru's. One being the Subaru WRX Impreza and the other being the WRX STi. Now both of these cars are animals right out of the box and handle as if they're on rails. BUT! The interior just didn't have the eye candy we were hoping to see. I realise these cars are pure breads but at the same time it just wasn't enough for us to take a bite out of it. I must also add, they sounded very "tinny" when closing doors or boot etc.. SO, we moved on. The following weekend we decided enough was enough and had to make a decision as we had, had enough of looking for the car of our dreams and not being able to be fully satisfied. So we sat down and looked at the list of cars that we had previously gone and abused and decided on the WRX Impreza. Now, going back to the subject title "Was this fate" I ventured out into my backyard to check on my noisy dogs where I heard my neighbour Colin say "Hey Nick, have you found a car yet?" I told him the car we decided on and he was like "what is wrong with you man!" He then asked if I had seen the new Renault RS range which I obviously hadn't so he ran inside and brought back his recent Wheels magazine and then quickly flicked to the HOLLY page and showed me the RS. I was like WTF! That has to be the sexiest car I have ever seen! The shape was just so out of this world and all its features and cosmetics were just so eye popping! I quickly called Mizz BROCK and showed her the saviour. She too was in love at first site and we both ran off on Colin, back into the house to google this mean bad boy. We then found the Monaco on the Renault Australia website and we fell in love with it even more than the CUP that we had seen on Colin’s Wheels magazine. On the following day, being Monday, luck had it that we both had the day off so into our car and off we went to Essendon Renault. To our surprise, the Monaco had landed on their showroom floor two days before and no one had come through their yard all weekend and the dealer was yet to contact the people that had showed interest in the Monaco. The salesman quickly fetched us an RS and we went for a quick spin. Both my wife and I were instantly glowing with “I WANT THIS CAR†smile. As soon as we got back we talked turkey, got him to throw in a rubber spill tray for the boot and I then found my hand reaching into my back pocket for my wallet and the rest is history!

I’m really looking forward to meeting you all and I can’t wait for the next drive day if you'll have me of course :P

I’d like to quickly scream out a big THANK YOU to Dale (spare parts) at Essendon Renault for telling me about this forum.

Regards, Nick (VIC)

Good onya Mr & Mizz Brock!

HAHAHa.. gr8 story and a bit like my discovery too. Searched and played with a few contenders but purchased sight unseen when I found the most suitable!

Welcome to the forum and the world of RS.

a great story and probably typical of many RS buyers I would imagine. Great story considering you also drove and checked out all the other cars.

First time I saw a Megane was a white one at the lights and my wife and I, looked at each other and thought wtf was that? It looked unbelievable! Didnt even know about the new ones.

I would imagine that most people dont even look at them, or know about them.

This forum is great, I only joined to find out more about the Clio and the differences between a 197 and 200 etc and everybody has been great, helpful and friendly....

enjoy theres information everywhere

Welcome Nick.

We organise regular drive days (check the Social Events section) and the next one in Vic is Sunday 22nd July (follow the link)

http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22226

You and "Ms Brock" would be very welcome.

We got 30 cars on the last Reefton/Black Spurs run in May and it was a great day.

http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22057&start=100

Hey there and welcome.

White is the way.

First time I saw a Megane was a white one at the lights and my wife and I, looked at each other and thought wtf was that? It looked unbelievable! Didnt even know about the new ones.

Are you located in Sydney GeeGee?

Yes, it was. :wink:

Welcome, Nick. Glad to hear that you're both happy with your purchase. I went through 6 months of car research and after a short test drive of a Clio, I was sold. Haven't looked back since. :)

Pics are encouraged, as is customary.

If you are in the market for an RS Megane, odds are that you pay more than are passing interest in the motoring press. Since the end of last year, where the coverage by the motoring press really started to peak, and especially with the high profile comparisons to highly anticpated models like the Scirocco, you'd have to have no interest in cars whatsoever to not know that the RS Megane is around now.

Hey there and welcome.

White is the way.

Are you located in Sydney GeeGe

yeah mate in Sydney. south too prob your car!

if it was in my budget id be off buying one fromteki at Sydney city renault.

the finance deals are.on the or meganes at the moment only.

Hey there and welcome.

White is the way.

Are you located in Sydney GeeGe

yeah mate in Sydney. south too prob your car!

if it was in my budget id be off buying one fromteki at Sydney city renault.

the finance deals are.on the or meganes at the moment only.

Gymea?

Haha awesome story mate!

I hope you bought your neighbour a 'thank you for showing me the light' present.

You'll soon find one of the most satisfying things about rs 250 ownership (and Renault Sport in general) is the fact that 99% of people have no idea just how awesome it is :)

Thanks guy for all your kind and funny responses :D I look forward to driving in front :wink: of you on the 22nd of July >.< I think I'm gonna like it here!!

Due to popular demand!

SOME PHOTOOOOOOOOOOOS!

Front.png

2-2.jpg

3.jpg

4-1.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

scaled.php?server=836&filename=imgp8165z.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

12.jpg

11.jpg

Get it to a race track, its wasted on the road ! - just beat 5 WRX's here in WA and 2 were STI's !

I'm planning on buying a set of track rims and tyres but just not as yet. Mizz Brock currently drives our white jet 80% of the time and I drive a company car so I've got a little convincing to do :P I'm sure it won't take much convincing as she has 98 octane running through her veins :wink:

On a side note, how do I add an image to my signature FFS! I keep getting "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image." every time I submit http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j180/sir-clan/4.jpg inside the image code

ALSO! I donated to the site and I was just wondering if the site automatically places the "Supporter 2012" under your avatar? COZ I CAN'T SEE IT!! :'(

Thanks in advance!

Welcome aboard! Great to see such an enthusastic new member (with a supportive spouse!), especially from Melbourne.

Thanks muchly for the donation. Once confirmed, one of the team will add the supporter tag to your profile - sorry, it cannot be automated at this stage.

Not sure what's going on with the image issues, but FYI we kinda discourage pics in signatures after complaints were received when there was a wave of them all being included by different members.

Hope to see you on the 22nd :wink:

Cheers, Dish.

Welcome, congratulations and mad write up! :)

I like the white on the 250, was one of those pictures at the Derrimut car wash?

Haha sure was! I meet up with the Toyota club from time to time. I use to own a Corolla Sportivo 05 model extremely modified. Many moons ago now.

I'd attend almost every drive day. Great fun. Really looking forward to the Renault drive day.

Hi & Great car!

One question though: how had you not heard of the RS250? I would think, when researching a new car purchase, one would head straight to the internet and I don't think you could help but come across the RS250 whilst researching the cars you mentioned???

Hi & Great car!

One question though: how had you not heard of the RS250? I would think, when researching a new car purchase, one would head straight to the internet and I don't think you could help but come across the RS250 whilst researching the cars you mentioned???

I know mate I know. I feel like sticking my head in a hole like an emu. Going back say 12+ years ago I do recall taking a little liking to the Renault Megane or Clio not sure which it was but, that was the last time Renault sparkled in my eye.

So I stand here today! err sit here today, in front of my PC and ask you for forgiveness and hope that you all accept me in your wolf pack. (reference from "The Hangover")

Nick, are you Georges cousin by any chance?

White Megane, f1 name in it. Name is Nick. You tick all the boxes haha :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice!!

Some of those photos are pretty crappy, particularly the last few. :P

My Toyota buddies! Great to see ya here man. The last few photos were taken by you and they're bloody awesome! Welcome to Renault forums bud.

@rado - George's uncle is my second cousin. Yes this is me 8)

Sent from my SIII using tapdance.

Hi & Great car!

I know mate I know. I feel like sticking my head in a hole like an emu. Going back say 12+ years ago I do recall taking a little liking to the Renault Megane or Clio not sure which it was but, that was the last time Renault sparkled in my eye.

So I stand here today! err sit here today, in front of my PC and ask you for forgiveness and hope that you all accept me in your wolf pack. (reference from "The Hangover")

haha.

If you don't mind, and I have no intention of being rude, but I am genuinely interested in how you skipped/missed the 250. And/or how did you come up with the XR5/WRX/Golf R possibilities???

Not meaning to butt in but it was only by luck we got the RS as well. I was settled on a Golf R and M was keen on the Scirocco. Looked at STI, don't like Ford or Mitsubishi. Was only luck out driving around I spotted the 250 on the floor of CA. The rest is history. As quite a few people can attest to. The RS really is a hidden gem.

Same here. Was set on the Golf R since 2009 (bought my RS 250 earlier this year). Absolutely loved everything about it (but was ignorant to the handling side of things).

Had just began to be in a position to buy a Golf R, but just happened to see a RS parked on the side of the road and decided to do some research.

Best decision ever! :)

haha.

If you don't mind, and I have no intention of being rude, but I am genuinely interested in how you skipped/missed the 250. And/or how did you come up with the XR5/WRX/Golf R possibilities???.

Amazing...the first place I'd always turn would be the internet, and there's no way you'd have missed the hype around the RS250 with the most cursory search. :?

I'm happy to answer your questions.

To be honest, we weren't really thinking about buying a new car and it was just something I brought up over dinner one night and Mz Brock's eyes lit up like Halley's comet lights up the night sky. (Thought I'd add that in o0) Since owning a company car for the last so years and being really consumed in my work, I haven't really thought or read about cars in general. Don't get me wrong, I am very passionate about the smell of burning rubber or the sound of sports cars or F1's screaming around a track. It's just that so much has happened since I sold my last car plus the new job. When we got rid of the last car, my wife just wanted something that would get her from A to B, with some added creatures comforts and something that would be fuel efficient. So we worked out what we were willing to spend and started looking for a car that hopefully had most, if not all, the bells and whistles we wanted. So we ventured out, open minded, and in no rush at all to buy a car and hopefully find something that would stand out from the pack. So no, I didn't look anything up on the net. We just drove to the closest dealer ships around our area and checked out what was available. I must add that I was more in favour of what my wife would want due to the fact that she would be driving the car at least 80 percent of the time. All "I" really wanted was POWER. The rest was in her favour.

THUS IS WHY. Hopefully I've satisfied your questions :P

I was pretty similar, tooling around in my bland-mobile (stock TS Astra), wishing there was a car on the road that would enthuse me enough to consider buying it. I didn't do any research on anything, and wasn't even in the market. Then I saw a white RS250 (as I learned it was) cruising up La Trobe St in Melbourne and while I couldn't see the Megane badge I could tell it was a Renault so I jumped on the interweb and two weeks later drove away from the dealer in my new beast :hyper::headbang::dance:

Looks great whitejet. I have a white Cup with Trophee rims, the black trim suits the wheels although I do like the Monoco roof.

As for buying Cup, it was in the dealer and love at first drive. Traded and signed on the day. Do wish I'd spent the extra coin on Trophee - have driven one since and the Trophee Recaros alone are worth every cent, beautiful cut and comfort, although the Cup seats still look great and are bolstered very well. I found myself wishing I lived further from work today - I arrive at work not fully warmed up - would love to have a slighly longer communte to get a daily dose of her - often I extend the run home to include a couple of favourite bends and stretches. My Megane has taught me how to drive.

Looking at your photos - how old are you? You may have to debadge your car (highly recommended)

I'm 184 and there is no way in the world I'll be debadging my sexy white jet.

Sent from my SIII using the neighbours internet.

Hi Whitejet looking forward to meeting you tomorrow! just read this thread! welcome!! :) awesome story I have an interesting story for being introduced to RS as well as Megs :) My 2nd RS - love the 250's as well! thinking a 265 might be in my near future we shall see! not sure if I would be willing to sell my Megs yet though! ( 225 )

I am sure you are going to love driivng the 250 around tomorrow! ah I cant wait been waiting for the sun to come out for another drive for about 3 weeks now!! :) bring it! not that I am going hard my tyres are a bit on the low side at the moment.. still enjoy it though

anyway rambling! welcome and yay to another 250 on the drive tomorrow! 2 white ones woohoo hehe