Lucky Renault Newbie

pauliD

Hi everyone. After lurking around this forum for a week or two, its time to out myself. I am the lucky ba$tard winner of the red bull race off car at the grand prix :D (not to be confused with another forum member PaulD). Yet to take ownership - should be able to next week. It is the cup trophee model, presumably an ex-demonstrator from 2010. The car is definitely NOT for sale. My trusty old Astra will just have to make way. Will post some photos when it arrives. Already looking for some driving roads, Southern Highlands looking good...

I KNEW you'd be lurking. Hence I was careful not to say anything nasty about you!! Ahaha just kidding. Congrats and welcome..

WELCOME to our small community...

You better learn how to drive a manual, OR else, i will have to drive the car on your behalf :wink:

TRUST me, you dont want me to do that.

You are very lucky, and many are envying you, i included....

SO can i buy it off you :)

Welcome and Congratulations from the ex Lucky Bastard on the forum to the new Lucky Bastard :mrgreen:

See what happens when you get an RS for free :popcorn:

Brendan, you might need to re-out yourself for Paul's benefit :)

Enjoy the 250!

Welcome and Congratulations from the ex Lucky Bastard on the forum to the new Lucky Bastard :mrgreen:

See what happens when you get an RS for free :popcorn:

Brendan, you might need to re-out yourself for Paul's benefit :)

will i get in trouble for showing my "excitement" again?

Welcome Pauli!

Congrats on the win, you have many people envious of you!

Enjoy the new beast when it arrives 8)

Forgive my ignorance, but what did you have to do to win this competition? And does it come covered in livery?

Whatever the details, congrats, and hopefully we'll see you at a future OzRS event so we can all think, "that could have been me"... :(

Very well done Paul, and welcome aboard.

Do the stickers stay on, or am i on the wrong car? Is it the actual Red Bull that raced?

Either way....yum.

Cheers adn kudos.

WOLF

ps: best way to learn somtimes is to be dropped in the deep end. Swim well.

Wolf, I believe the car given is the one that raced, but minus the livery, seats and cage (if you want it road registered), or you can keep the seats/cage if you intend on keeping it as a track car. I think someone else mentioned that on another thread here.

Yes the livery is removed. I was told on the day it would be painted black. Had the option to keep car in racing form or convert back to normal. But terms and conds specified the winner needed a racing licence to keep the modified car, therefore not really an option.

Shameful admission - got my licence on auto and driven auto since. After taking ownership i plan to stall several times, crunch some gears, then drive all the way home in first. Easy come, easy go...

The wife's initial reaction was 'youre drunk' then 'thats nice dear'. Took her down to peter warren to check out their 250s. 'That car is hot hot hot', she now insists on tinting the windows as dark as possible.

Got some photos frm the day to upload. Do we use imageshack? Will try to post them soon

Yes the livery is removed. I was told on the day it would be painted black. Had the option to keep car in racing form or convert back to normal. But terms and conds specified the winner needed a racing licence to keep the modified car, therefore not really an option.

Shameful admission - got my licence on auto and driven auto since. After taking ownership i plan to stall several times, crunch some gears, then drive all the way home in first. Easy come, easy go...

The wife's initial reaction was 'youre drunk' then 'thats nice dear'. Took her down to peter warren to check out their 250s. 'That car is hot hot hot', she now insists on tinting the windows as dark as possible.

Got some photos frm the day to upload. Do we use imageshack? Will try to post them soon

You can use imageshack or you can use the image hosting we have setup :)http://www.renaultsportpics.com/

Update needed or ban :D

You got ROBBIE"S ride??!!!

....very cool!!!!

I would have fought really hard to keep those decals.

Shame.

None the less, an RS250 is sweeeet. A free RS250 is filthy sweeeeet. :wink:

Cheers,

WOLF

ps: Lucky it wasn't back flipped by Mr Maddison. :mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...
so how did you win/get this car for free?.. i want a free rs megane :D lol

Competition running at the AGP this year.

As for wanting a free rs megane.....you and many, many others :P

Here goes with some photos.. :dance:

PauliWinningCar.jpg

Proof we were there! Can see myself, Jen, PaulD, and ClioF1 standing in the centre of the pic.

FYI, that photographer to the left used to be a customer of mine!

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up the little beast from Joey at Peter Warren last week. In pretty good nick apart from some minor bruises courtesy of Mr Robbie Maddison. The clutch seems to have survived the end-of-race burnouts. I think Renault have kindly given a new set of wheels too - I distinctly remember seeing heavy scratching, particularly on the front right, but all wheels now look brand new.

My first ever manual drive was not quite as glorious as I imagined. Much better after an hour or two around an empty car park. Can't believe the power palpable when floored in 2nd from just 20-60 kmh.

I must say a huge thanks to Renault for the prize, also to the guys (Kevin and Joey) at Peter Warren Renault at Warwick Farm who delivered it. They will change your view of car salesmen - good response and service even though they had no obligation for a sale.

Some pics below...

CarPhoto1.jpg

CarPhoto2.jpg

CarPhoto3.jpg

at home next to the old astra...

CarPhoto5.jpg

hole left where kill switch once was...

CarPhoto6.jpg

Congrats mate! Welcome to the RS experience at last :D

I'm sure our fellow member Wolf could hook you up with a replacement console, unless you'd like to keep that as a reminder of the car's history :wink:

I just noticed.

In the pictures of the car on display at the GP, the car is red with grey inserts (Mirrors, and around the Ren badge you could see the cars original paint), but your car is Grey with black inserts.

I wonder which car it was that they gave you, unless they resprayed it, cause looking at Dish's photo of the vehicles lined up at the GP it looks like Coultard's was Yellow, Daniel whathisfaces was White, Maddisons was red, and kelly's was Blue... Interesting.

Thanks for the reminder Danny. Looking back at my thread, further down I noted which colour each car was... looks like Paul's car was driven by non other than David Couthard! From my understanding, if possible, they were to give the winner a car already registered in their own state - just made the change in registration process easier. So this must have already been registered in NSW to one of the dealers.

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=19326#p259850

Thanks for the reminder Danny. Looking back at my thread, further down I noted which colour each car was... looks like Paul's car was driven by non other than David Couthard! From my understanding, if possible, they were to give the winner a car already registered in their own state - just made the change in registration process easier. So this must have already been registered in NSW to one of the dealers.

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=19326#p259850

Cool, but did they respray it or something? Because coultard's car is yellow in the pics.