To put Moosey out of his misery...

walkie86

Hey OZRSs. Well there's yet another RENAULTsport Clio in Balmain. This time it's a Silver 172 and yes, it used to reside in Strathfield until last Saturday morning, before being brought home to meet it's 182 Cup and R26 siblings.

Yes, we (Rob240) bought that super-cheap 172. It's a project car for us (and other OZRSs) to get our hands dirty, fix things up ourselves and add a few select enhancements along the way. I will be taking the majority of bits off my car & transplanting them to the 172 (yet to be named).

We went to look at it (with Chris-172) and we couldn't say no. The paint is clean, the headlights aren't hazed, it drives well. Yes, it does need a bit of work (steering wheel, engine mounts, strut tops & something with the exhaust) but what perfect timing with Anthony's group buy :wink:

It'll be going to PaulV soon for a full-check up & to find out what's really wrong with it, haha. But seriously, it drives very well and personally, I reckon a silver 172 is the ultimate stealth machine 8)

Pics to come, and a progress thread as well. First things will be a full detail, painting the wheels & badges, and adding some stripes :wink:

Cheers!

1+ vote for "The Silver Bullet" as the name for the new 172 :wink:

I like, I like!

If we get some more suggestions I might add a poll & have a vote!

No need. You have the name already :D

You suggesting "super-cheap"?? :wink:

Reckon I can get sponsorship for that? :P

Be great to fill the car full of Taiwanese made bits! Pink slip-on seat covers FTW :(

That's awesome news! Well done lads - never saw that one coming!

Keen to follow its progress too :)

All the best with it.

Congrats gents, should be a good father / son bonding project =)

They are getting there!

I think Walkies has some more time after this weekend so should be able to give it a good scrub and get some pics up

Took some pics this arvo. Odometer shows 98964 - so it was about 98900 when we picked it up 8)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/walkie86/s ... 178697812/

3591876694_98ec0f8a5e.jpg

3591071693_99e1298791.jpg

3591882634_ddcb3f2cba.jpg

Here's the SSW S057 in a few different colours :wink:

photochopanthracite.jpg

photochopgreen.jpg

photochoporange.jpg

hey , havent worked out if my half is front or back or if we split it down the middle . its a really clean car , excellent paint , it all works , recent major belt service .... we're lucky to get one like this

theres an assumtion above the cars going to follow the weel worn path ... coilovers / brakes upgrade / exhaust / intake / seats out / half cage / stripes / wheels / stickies / bushes .....

but theres another path for our car . RICE . we're going to dump her with low low spings / 19'' chromies with a set of 30 profile nankangs / carbon look bonnet / shopping list / outsize roof wing / low skirts with nice fake ducts just in front of rear wheels / windscreen sticker / pod instruments on the bonnet , and if the budget goes to it , neons .

we've ordered a buddy club catalogue [ forthe non rice-fan-boys here , ''buddy club'' makes aftermarket gear for the tokyo drift bad boys and is not as commonly assumed a gay strip club at the X ] and will be ordering up big .

alex wil post pics as we go . the shopping list is first mod as it shows everyone what we'd like to get on board .

cant wait for nats 2010. we wont be on track but we will win the cruise-by for sure .

Awesome guys! What an opportunity to prove and quantify what mods do work and how they are done.

Look forward to tracking it's progress :)

, who needs go when u have show 8)

my sentiments exactly .

and dan , no need to ' track ' the progess , we'll actually be regressing with our rice mods and wont be fit to track ! maybe drive to a track will be about it :D

• 2 weeks later...
I definately think the green wheels with the under car neons is the go

Good luck guys, I'll be following this with interest!!

Neons are on order!

*cough*

But some Gordini stripes did arrive on Friday :wink:

Must say i was using the track tart today as a run around whilst getting my brakes sorted.

It actually feels pretty perky in the engine dept, will be a nice little lady when stripped down and had some goodies bolted on!

1+ vote for "The Silver Bullet" as the name for the new 172 :wink:

Amanda - it seems the 172 has taken on your name suggestion of The Silver Bullet, so congrats! 8)