New RS 250 Cup Trophee owner

DaveGore

Hi all

Just joined the ranks of RS owners. Still waiting on delivery (fairly impatiently at that), but will soon be in the Recaro and loving life.

I'm from SA so will try and get to event days (if I can get a leave pass)!

Just as an aside, I have a VL Calais Wagon for sale. 3 litre turbo, plumbed/intercooled, Walkinshaw mags, Momo gear stick and steering wheel, 5 speed manual. Body and interior are in very good condition. Only 300 of these were made, a rare beast.

If you know of anyone who might be interested, please let me know.

Welcome!

Hard to believe but I was a bit of a Holden fan boy as a kid hehe

I think I've only ever seen 2 VL Calais wagons in all my time. Rare indeed. Would look good with the Walkinshaw wheels too. buddy will be all over it I'm sure!

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!

picstures of said VLCT Wagon now.

Such a good combo.

CAn i ask why are you selling such a wonderful machine. Buy the Renault by all means but just dont sell you VL.. unless you are donating it to the "powerhouse Museum" www.powerhousemuseum.com

Please tell me it dosent have a blow off value, if you have made the catastrophic mistake of fitting a BOV (cancelling the DOSE) get ready for some abuse.

also... what gear can you get the VL into whilst sitting it on the spot? im guessing 3rd no probs.

pumped for pictures!

Welcome mate, and I'm goint to sound like an old fart here, but what the hell does DOSE mean?

Buddy - sort Matt out with some knowledge.

Welcome mate, enjoy the new beast!

Welcome mate, and I'm goint to sound like an old fart here, but what the hell does DOSE mean?

mate.....

get out your iphone and go the youtube then type in "Calais turbo teaser" don't have the sound up too loud if you are in a public place... things will get sticky.

if you use some nowhere HTC i dont want to hear about it.

Sorry for the delay. I've been on the road for work. I will get some pics up as soon as I get it back from some paint touch ups. Was hoping to have it back by now but with a few hot days in Adelaide not much work got done so it's been delayed.

Sorry Buddy, there is a BOV plumbed back into the air intake (that's how it came when I bought it). Still that can always be undone!

The only thing that has annoyed me over the years I have had it is hydraulic lifter tapping. I've replaced the lifters twice but it always comes back. No performance issues, just annoying, but nothing loud music can't fix.

Only selling because I now have the Megane and my other half won't let me have two cars.

It's been a great car over the eleven years I have owned it, mechanically sound, body work in great condition, drifts nicely and so easy to control.

Pics will hopefully be up in the next few days.

2. dose

In relation to cars, a dose, is the sound from an intercooler on a vl turbo usually in addition with a pod filter or straight 'dose' pipe. After you back of the accelerator when the turbo has spooled up you hear a sound like tutututu which is very loud.

chuck a sick dose under the tunnel bro!

• 4 months later...

Hi all

The long promised pics of my VL Calais Wagon

I'll also create a new post in the for sale area as I don't know how many of you will actually read this post given its age.

I'm ready to sell the VL, if you are interested or know someone who may be then please send me a message and I will be in touch.

I've had some expressions of interest in the recent past but I haven't been ready to sell. I am looking for $17 - 20k.

200 VL Calais wagons were produced, only 50 were turbo. This car has had the auto trans replaced by a genuine VL Turbo 5 speed gearbox.

These are very rare, you just can't buy one as they come up for sale very rarely. I am reluctant to sell it as I love the car, but needing to buy a house is driving me to doing so.

Cheers

Dave

(Will be a few posts. The forum will only allow attaching url's to three pictures at a time.

IMG_82471_zpsaad9c7df.jpg

IMG_82781_zpseb8bc706.jpg

IMG_82661_zps265bafc3.jpg