Hello from V6 world

fectech

Hi

I am a new member but I have heard my car is not so new to this forum.

I come from South Australia and have just returned from the UK. On my return journey i managed to fit a Clio V6 in my bag! :D

Just like to say hi and hope to enjoy the pleaseures of Renault motoring with you all.

Cheers

WEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLCCCOOOOOOOOMMMMMMEEEEEE!!!!!!

Sorry I just HAD to get the first reply 8)

Welcome fectech!

It is wonderful to have you on here finally, after all we've heard about you and your car!

I hope you're ready to be the absolute envy of every single person on here :mrgreen:

Enjoy the forum & make sure you attend some of the SA social events & get some video of your beast in action!

Cheers,

Alex

Hi

I am a new member but I have heard my car is not so new to this forum.

I come from South Australia and have just returned from the UK. On my return journey i managed to fit a Clio V6 in my bag! :D

Just like to say hi and hope to enjoy the pleaseures of Renault motoring with you all.

Cheers

Welcome indeed :mrgreen: to OzRS.

Our very first Renaultsport Clio V6. 8)

Hi Corey, welcome, glad to see you've made it on here.

:) Thanks for the "grand tour" over your car last weekend too, you'll find quite a few photos of it on here already. (like here: http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/forum/vie ... php?t=6010 and here: http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/forum/vie ... php?t=6044 )

I forgot to mention that there's a French Car Day on 23rd September in the city, finishing at up Birdwood. A few of is will be going so it would be fantastic to have you there if you don't mind the drive into town. Details are here: http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/forum/vie ... php?t=6003

G'day Corey. Welcome aboard!

Looking forward to catching up on a drive day soon :)

We often head out your way from the hills, so we can always catch up for a coffee at Nuri or Lyndoch or somewhere...

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I am very proud of my "ride" and quite willing to meet up with any other car nuts who would like a look.

I have seen many questions in other threads and i'm more then willing to answer any of them.

Just a couple i have seen - it's done just under 18000 miles

There are no dents - but it has a cracked spioler (in the process of repair)

Had no trouble registering it as it is from europe and a personal import - also i didn't have to take it to regency as i live more then 60 km from town - good old country folk!

Any way any other questions - keep them coming

Thanks again for the welcome

C

Good to have you on board mate, there is always lots of talk about getting a V6 out here, you have done it in the easiest way possible :P

enjoy the form and I hope to see you at the national meet in November 8)

Welcome!

Sorry to miss you (and your car) on Sunday.

I'm sure there will be other times :)

You should take the pics of the v6 roo! your camera skills are tres magnifique!!

Welcome!

Sorry to miss you (and your car) on Sunday.

I'm sure there will be other times :)

You should take the pics of the v6 roo! your camera skills are tres magnifique!!

They're right up there with his computer hacking skills.....nunchuk skills....bowstaff fighting skills.........:)

Seriously though Andrew, alway very impressed with your photos :)

Welcome to our shores fectech 8)

I'm glad we didn't scare you away with our enthusiasm!

I read that you're the 3rd owner and that both previous owners sold up as a result of buns in their respective ovens... that's tempting fate methinks! I don't know if I really want one now...

Looking forward to seeing your machine in the future :)

BTW we do have a couple of other V6 owners on the member list - just that none of them reside in Oz :(

Cheers, Dish.

Welcome!!!!!!!

I'm so excited to hear that there is a V6 in Australia! Do you work on it yourself? Or are you heading for the local Renault Service department?

That is definitely a prized possession! Keep her/him safe! Can't wait to see some more photos, in particular moving ones.

I think even the local magazines would go photo happy if they saw your car in Australia. I can just see it... the headlines of Motor Magazine next month "Clio V6 test mule with old Clio body seen testing in SA".

I'm dreaming of the day I could do the same and import one! Second dream is to hear your car accelerate away one day... mmmmmmmm

Meh All this V6 Talk....

If I want a Quick 6 Cylinder Car with 2 seats, I'd buy an XR6 Turbo Ute...................................................

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA Jokes

WOW WOW WOW!! Awesome dude, I have seen these Phenminal things on Video, to me they are like the Unicorn of the Renault World. I'm a jealous boy!

Congrats on having this car mate, Very Very exciting, Hopefully one day I can see it!

WEEEELCOME!!!!

Cheers

-Danny

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Insurance hasn't been to bad (less than my STi) as we have a vintage car that has been registered with Shannons for more than 15 years and the guy at Shannons uses the V6 when playing Gran Tourismo so we got a good deal.

I get about 25mpg (work it out yourself) - not to bad, but at times i think it's not reading true - well at least thats what my wallet is saying.

Yes it does handle a little like an old 911 - i have taken it around Nurburgring and all i can say is - F*** - good fun living on the edge!

Yes the car is cursed and i'm thinking of hiring it out as a baby making device - the first owners wife fell preg 1000miles into ownership - the second owners wife 1month into ownership and my wife fell preg 2 months into ownership - some would say it's not a good family car but i say it's the best - just going for a drive love.

Cheers

Oh yes the sound of the V6 trying to escape from the rear is truely one of the best sounds i've ever heard - hey David

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Insurance hasn't been to bad (less than my STi) as we have a vintage car that has been registered with Shannons for more than 15 years and the guy at Shannons uses the V6 when playing Gran Tourismo so we got a good deal.

I get about 25mpg (work it out yourself) - not to bad, but at times i think it's not reading true - well at least thats what my wallet is saying.

Yes it does handle a little like an old 911 - i have taken it around Nurburgring and all i can say is - F*** - good fun living on the edge!

Yes the car is cursed and i'm thinking of hiring it out as a baby making device - the first owners wife fell preg 1000miles into ownership - the second owners wife 1month into ownership and my wife fell preg 2 months into ownership - some would say it's not a good family car but i say it's the best - just going for a drive love.

Cheers

Oh yes the sound of the V6 trying to escape from the rear is truely one of the best sounds i've ever heard - hey David

LOL at that comment.

PS Cursed :wink: i'm sure if/or when you get the urge to offload her you'll have a line a mile long with some going a long way out. You will be able to name your price.

Yep. It sounded fairly impressive when you left the servo afterwards too.

I didn't hear a thing when you over took me before pulling over though- I take it you weren't full throttle when you went past? (BTW I was doing my normal slow driving until the engine is fully warmed up, I don't always drive like a Grandma!) :lol:

So what did you think of the 182 Cup in comparison?

Yep. It sounded fairly impressive when you left the servo afterwards too.

I didn't hear a thing when you over took me before pulling over though- I take it you weren't full throttle when you went past? (BTW I was doing my normal slow driving until the engine is fully warmed up, I don't always drive like a Grandma!) :lol:

So what did you think of the 182 Cup in comparison?

You're very lucky to have had a drive of Corey's V6 Dave! I wasn't going to say anything...but Corey mentioned it first!!! :)

Good to have you on board mate, there is always lots of talk about getting a V6 out here, you have done it in the easiest way possible :P

enjoy the form and I hope to see you at the national meet in November 8)

Easiest?! He's had to live in the UK :P

Welcome fectech :) Sydney is a nice place to live, so I hear...

Dave

I wouldn't be able to compare - they are two very different animals - but both great fun! Your car felt much more nimble and chuckable. Even though i did: it felt like you could show it very little respect and it would take it all on the chin, the v6 on the other hand is a creature that demands respect as once it lets go it's very hard to catch - but i guess thats where the fun is - finding those limits.

Peace

The main thing I noticed was how hard the ride in the V6 is even compared to the Cup suspension. Also, mine has a habit of the front end "bobbing" around on rougher roads, whereas the V6 was the opposite with the rear end doing the "bobbing" and the front riding smoothly in comparison. Obviously an effect of engine weight being at the oppostie ends. It also felt very well planted on the road- even more so than a normal RSC (and that's really saying something because a normal RSC is more confidence inspiring on the open road than any other car I've driven, they feel a lot bigger than they are.)

I only floored it briefly in second (silly me!) so didn't really get much of a feel of the power difference. Next time I'd like to be a passenger with you driving Corey :wink:.

Has your V6 got ESP Corey? If it's like a 182 it would allow plenty of fun before kicking in.

Hi Corey (excuse me Dave I must say hi!) - welcome aboard and I too am sorry I missed you last week at Collingrove. Looking frwds to meeting you. I was the guy who put the pics of your car up first on the site due to relentless peer pressure from the SA mob :roll: . Hope you don't mind...why you can run me off the road one day if you did!! :lol:

We must organise one of our local SA Sunday sessions and coffees soonish as it's been a while :)

Cheers,

Mase

you basrard.

:shock:

sorry.... i WILL own a clio v6 at one point in this life.

Welcone man, you truly are immediately cool for owning that car... dare i ask, do you reffer to your machine with an affectionate name?

8)

Welcome, Corey! Great to have you on board after all the talk/sightings/etc. I was lucky enough to see and hear a mint V6 in the flesh in France earlier this year. Was the process of bringing the car out here easy/difficult and cheap/expensive? You obviously thought that it was worth doing. How easily have you managed with parts sourcing?

Welcome to the forum mate.

So...you have a V6...yikes2.gif

I'm not jealous.....no.gifno.gif.........honest.............yourock21.gif

Seriously though.....I have no problems at all with small cars with large engines and only 2 seats. :shock:8)8)

Hope to see some picts of the V6 in the members rides section soon.......2thumbsup1.gif

Cheers - Dave.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again Corey......I'm well and truly out of the operating theatre now, and back to the Forum, ...........and i gotta tell you that it's quite ok to let nice 'ol Dave have a sweet drive 'o yo 'lil 'ol V6 on public roads, but when the real test of fanging it up Collingrove arrives, you stick to yo 'lill ol STi, and entrust the V6 to the most experienced Renault Hillclimb fanger here,......namely ME ME ME ME ME ME ME !!!!!

Be seein ya Corey, you take good care o her now , hear.

Cheers pete