Wheel and tire Shipping

Aussie_Pilot

I’ve used e-go for wheels and tyres shipped Brisbane-Canberra, Canberra-Melb, and Canberra-Adelaide. Use their depot-to-depot option, and I’d suggest packing and strapping them on a pallet, given there’s likely to be a few trans-shipments

+1 for e-go - recently shipped from MEL to Launceston and it took about 4 days and cost approx $130 depot to depot (door-to-door is an option but that'll cost more) for a set of 17" wheels with tyres.

I packaged them myself using free boxes from Bunnings and wrapped up nice and securely with some plastic wrapping over the top.  it wasn't too much hassle and they arrived safe and sound.

• Like 1

I guess it depends on backloads etc. Yes, I’ve used Couriers Please in the past, too...although I thought they and e-go were one and the same company (might be very wrong!)

• 1 year later...

Looking to get some wheels picked up in Canberra and shipped here to Melb. Any ideas (e-go seem to now have terrible reputation) and other quotes expensive.

Or anyone making a trip to Melb (restrictions allowing)?

Matt

Very true. Go to a good restaurant and tell 2 people  - bad tell 22. Guess I was looking for a more recent opinion than the above 2019.

Need the seller to box, measure and weigh. Will get a quote depot to depot also to try and save.

I used Couriers Please via the broker TransDirect for Sydney to Brisbane.

Was fairly heap and the they include $1000 insurance in the fee.

Was for a set of Clio 3 17inch Bebops with tyres.

Just be careful with weights. Quote them as 4 packages.

Couriers keep reducing max weight for package before you need a lift. I blame equal opportunity.

Couriers Please is still quite good. They prefer under 25KG which they will do any where, but will do up to 32KG but not everywhere.

5 hours ago, LukeKGT said:

I used Couriers Please via the broker TransDirect for Sydney to Brisbane.

Was fairly heap and the they include $1000 insurance in the fee.

Was for a set of Clio 3 17inch Bebops with tyres.

:-)

Still got these!

My God, you packed them well and they would have survived even the most ham-fisted courier.  But yes, they were easy to deal with from a receiver's perspective.

Using the 17s with RS4 as my dailys and have my 18s for track with Yoko A052.  Once I wear these out I'm going to reverse this situation and daily 18s with RS4s since I prefer the look of 18s on the A&D and love the RS4s on the street.  Then I'll put A052s on the 17s for track duty.  They are the best track tyres I've used but they aren't suited to street use - too expensive and too short lived to waste driving in straight lines.

Another eGo user - i didnt even put them on a pallet, just wrapped them comprehensively in cling wrap (with a piece of cardboard on their front fact to avoid damage) and they were treated as 4 pieces of one shipment. Dont remember exactly but it was something like a hundred bucks from Melbourne to Canberra.

Yes E-Go was great- I sent my 19" RS wheels & Tyres from Bris to Perth and just bubble wrapped, carboard to face and shrink wrap. I cant remember how much but was reasonable

E-Go now state that they do not ship car parts that are not packed in their original packaging.

A big disappointment as they were my #1 choice.

• 10 months later...
On 20/02/2021 at 3:23 AM, roblee8g said:

E-Go now state that they do not ship car parts that are not packed in their original packaging.

A big disappointment as they were my #1 choice.

Looking at shipping wheels from QLD to Perth and just saw this! Any suggestions for other companies? 

22 minutes ago, roblee8g said:

I have had good experiences with Direct Freight Express recently.  

Any tips on packing & shipping 4 wheels & tyres? 

I've shipped wheels with tyres fitted as follows:

Place cardboard on both sides, trimmed to just smaller than the tyre diameter (maybe a double layer on the face side). Wrap the tyre/wheel completely with heavy duty shrink wrap (available from packaging suppliers).  Do about 10 layers.  This way the wheels can be rolled for easy transport to and from the truck.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...