Meet Mystique, alberts bootyful sister

CHRIS-172

So I am now the proud owner of a 06 225 F1 Team #1021

I have called her mystique.

Single owner she was purchased in ACT and taken to SA where I picked her up from last Thursday.

I took the long way home and had a blast, loving the car and learning to appreciate it's great ability to perform effortlessly across the trip. Some stats below:

2340 kms

70.8 average speed

33 hours driving

9.3 fuel consuption (including GOR, Reefton & Kangaroo Valley)

after getting it home on Monday night, I went to car care products on Tues to get some dodo lime prime and blue velvet pro series wax.

2 washes, clay, 106FF on white. Lime Prime on grey and then hand applied blue velvet and some 11 hours later I'm loving the shine and curves! Picks to come once I can get some in daylight!!

Right now awaiting a new battery, other than that im as happy as a pig in mud!! :)

iphone160610078.jpg

iphone160610234.jpg

iphone160610236.jpg

H O T

Can't wait to see her. Albert & Mystique look cute together - I think you should keep him!

Well done.

The Megs are appealing to me more nowadays.

I've been on here too long i think.... it rubs off on you.

BTW, are they black rims?

Cheers and congrats.

WOLF

It was 65300 when I got her, around 68k now once home..

Enhancer - I'm always happy to help others, im still learning! Where abouts are u located?

Wolf - F1s came STD with black wheels and mirrors. 3 of the rims have some keening so I'm thinking of getting them restored.. Was going to go powdercoat but I should be able to get a good price on 2 pak colour matched to the Mirrors with that hint of metallic.. I'm thinking the side bullets black at the same time..

Those pics are pre-detail, will get some proper ones on Saturday after I can get some light on it!!

Thanks for all the comments :)

Its got a few more than i first thought, the products used are quite light in terms of abrasives, will be taking it to my trsauted professionals to see what they say, ive got the feeling its going to need more than i have. i.e. a rotary and a decent polish to remove the deep sctratches.. might even get them to swirl remove and ill go the waxing..

Ill get some pics under light over the next few days.

Its got a few more than i first thought, the products used are quite light in terms of abrasives, will be taking it to my trsauted professionals to see what they say, ive got the feeling its going to need more than i have. i.e. a rotary and a decent polish to remove the deep sctratches.. might even get them to swirl remove and ill go the waxing..

Ill get some pics under light over the next few days.

I cant get mine out, they are permanent unfortunately, the colour is notorious for bad swirling.

RE the wheel referb, get them powder coated if you can, I had mine redone with paint 12 weeks ago and the paint is already chipping up. Make sure they mask the hub face on the wheel.

Nice on Chris....Car looks great.

I'd love to see one with a custom blue and black leather interior... :D . I think the standard interior lets them down a bit. Add an LSD and you'll be sweet.

The name is cool too, although Mystique can't be named for her skinny white (blue) girl a$$, :lol: , must be cause of her ample headlights...... :wink:

Chris.

As someone going from a lightweight Clio, how do you find the Meggy?

I found that after the Clio I always found other cars after (Golf, Octavia RS) heavy and without that chuckable low inertia feel of the RSC. Hence full circle back to another Clio.

Be interested to know your thoughts. I know the Meg has the power and mechanical grip, guess it's just the mass issue.

Looks great by the way!! :)

Nah not me unfortunately, i was too busy applying another coat of wax :mrgreen:

Cheers guys.

Kooki - Yes its the lmitied edition of the 3 Door meggy with cup chasis, the limited ed before the R26

Dan - I was having this convo with walkies last night, i think the clio is more "fun" at everyday speeds because it is so light and chuckable, the meggy loses a bit of this feel and inputs are 1 level fitered and refined compared to the clio. In saying that i cant believe the grip this has coming from the clio, i was going through corners as fast as i dare at night and it didnt even get a seat up on the meggy.

Overall swings and roundabouts, the additional build quality, interior improvements, presence the caar has and power delivery were more than enough to find it into my garage.

Now where did those Ktec and quaiffe catalogues go.. :news:

Nah not me unfortunately, i was too busy applying another coat of wax :mrgreen:

i think the clio is more "fun" at everyday speeds because it is so light and chuckable, the meggy loses a bit of this feel and inputs are 1 level fitered and refined compared to the clio. In saying that i cant believe the grip this has coming from the clio, i was going through corners as fast as i dare at night and it didnt even get a seat up on the meggy.

Overall swings and roundabouts, the additional build quality, interior improvements, presence the caar has and power delivery were more than enough to find it into my garage.

Yep couldn't of said it much better. Although for me though, Im not sure it's all filtered away, just that being a more refined it makes it seem more filtered...

Lets not forget the Meggy is actually quite a light car, exp considering the size. It's only 100 kgs more than a 197!

Hey mate the car looks great, would love to have more Meganes on a drive day. Lets get something happening in turbo season :)

Would love to get some tips off you re detailing. I just picked up some Menzerna Final Polish and im about to get a Bosch RO and some lake country pads. Will go wash > clay > Menzerna on white LC pads > P21s paint cleanser on black pads (or white again?) > sealant on black pads. What do you think? I dont have major scratches, but the swirls really come out in direct sunlight cos my cars african.

I would put the paint cleaner on grey pad, what sealant are u using?

I need to get some decent shots to post, iPhone camera won't do the car justice!

Gave the interior and good wipedown and a hot of aerospace 303, came up tops!!

Walkies has been trying to convince me to paint /wrap my diamonds black.. See how we go after it goes in for it's blue slip this week

Just had a look at autogeeks site, I think the black and grey pads are the same thing, just the aussie site I wanna buy from calls them black.

Sealant is duragloss from carcareprodcuts. Will top it with a wax later on but i'll stick with just the sealant for now.

Just had a look at autogeeks site, I think the black and grey pads are the same thing, just the aussie site I wanna buy from calls them black.

Sealant is duragloss from carcareprodcuts. Will top it with a wax later on but i'll stick with just the sealant for now.

Hmm well in the CCS pads i have that i got from Waxit.com.au in order of most abrasive to least they go Yellow>Orange>White>Black.

Duragloss 105 with 601? Brenda has good results with these on his Clio.

Chris.

As someone going from a lightweight Clio, how do you find the Meggy?

I found that after the Clio I always found other cars after (Golf, Octavia RS) heavy and without that chuckable low inertia feel of the RSC. Hence full circle back to another Clio.

Be interested to know your thoughts. I know the Meg has the power and mechanical grip, guess it's just the mass issue.

Looks great by the way!! :)

Dan - I test drove the F1 for Chris. Refined is all I can say. Much like when I jumped into Matteo's R26. Very different. I kept nudging the rev limit without thinking.. looking for that sweet spot you get in a well set up RSC. The megane is what you buy when you are getting old. I am 42 so have a ways to go yet :headbang:

Nice car Chris! I knew you would sweeten her up. The prev owner was concerned about the next owner..he was worried the next owner would not look after it..hahahaha. Hope you whittled him down on price to your satisfaction. Shame we didn't catch up when you were over.

Lol jamie, took your advice and he came down on price more than I thought :)

will get the pics for those in the morning although iPhone and frost isn't conducive to the shine I now have 8)

4969ec79.jpg

663e4a20.jpg

33c042a2.jpg

Funnily enough I love it! Such an awesome colour, pictures don’t do it justice.

All this talk of detailing makes me want to get stuck in and take some pictures.

Took it for a night run in the national park.. Man this thing has some grip!!

ah nice so glad to hear that you are liking it! :) They do have so much grip- I haven't even got close to the end of it I think- they just never seem to give- and so well balanced! :)

U keeping Albert for a bit??

Lol had to wash the car twice, first using the 2 buckets and changing the rinse water every 2 panels and secondly just to make sure I didn't miss any before I clayed it!

Well I might be coming down soon for work but that will be sans meggy..