***UPGRADE TAKING PLACE TONIGHT (6/11)***

Dish

For those online before 9pm DST tonight, this will be your last chance to see things as they are with the old forum software.

exstatic will be performing the highly anticipated forum upgrade and we will be offline for approximately 2 hours.

Fingers crossed, this will mean an end to all the weird issues we've had this week and a means to see the extinction of spammers at long last.

Let the games begin!

Guys as you can see the upgrade was fairly successful, the custom style we had ready to go didn't come across as I had planned so we are stuck with the default style for a little bit until I work out what the problem is.

Some functionality still needs to be added, like the quick reply, and the search indexing, but all in all we are in good shape.

Do let us know if you find any quirks or bugs!

Thanks for the hard work boys! Hating the default theme but im sure the new one will be great!

Btw why still phpbb ? vbulletin seem to be the choice of many big forums, sure its commercial but many of us would chip in for the yearly donation :)

Bring the avatars on the left side please :)

Apparently Griffyn can't log on :(

Can an admin-god-other please see if they can fix it? He's going into OzRS withdrawal as I type...he's now chewing on my RenaultF1 jacket trying to get a fix...messy :lol:

Amanda

Edit: It appears that the database has "eaten" "Griffyn" the same way bremund and ClioF1 have - not listed and posts are gone....

but never fear, he took a backup of the lap time thread :P

No idea Dave... your PM to me came through twice, and yet I only received 1 email notification for it.

I also noticed that exstatic posted a message in the Admin section, and it was duplicated.

Does anyone know why all the messages in my mailbox seem to have been duplicated.

Also, it says I have 200% capacity.

I would delete some if only I knew how.

I also seem to have a message waiting that I cant get, cause of the overfull inbox.

Oh ..... what to do...... :shock:

I think older posts have re-emerged. Like, on the old one if you got to 100% capacity it just deleted the oldest post (well, I guess it made it hidden) and on this new one they've reappeared!

Just tick all the messages and then at the bottom of the list is a drop-down menu; select 'delete marked messages' and all should be done!

I had to manually delete about 100 or so before I was back to 98%. I hope I didn't delete anything I may need :(

^^ I guess what happened was my inbox was full, and whenever I got a new message, the oldest one was automatically deleted.

Now for some reason, all the messages were duplicated..........so I was at 200% capacity.

I just deleted about 3 or 4 pages of messages, and got down to about 90% or so, which allowed me to receive the PM that was on hold.

I was too lazy to tick every second box (thus deleting the duplicates).....so I also hope I haven't deleted anything important....... :shock::)

OH MY GOD!!

I'm so slow, I didn't even know anything was happening! Then I log on and BAM, I feel like I've stumbled across some overclockers forum (with the default scheme). Is this a different forum software? or the same? what's actually changed Dish?

It's v3.0x - we were using v2.0x before.

Lots of new features and abilities, particularly for PMs and profiles and all the background stuff for the Admin team to make the place hum along nicely.

Should be good with the proper colour scheme..!

Feels odd having no posts... might have to post in Newbies :lol:

Any updates on getting posts back from the deleted users? Quite a bit of useful information has been lost when you combine all the people who were deleted.

Should be good with the proper colour scheme..!

Feels odd having no posts... might have to post in Newbies :lol:

Any updates on getting posts back from the deleted users? Quite a bit of useful information has been lost when you combine all the people who were deleted.

i'll say, as i mentioned cliof1 your post history was like the holy grail to RSC ownership! :P

i like the function now where if i login then close the window and open it again i can still see all the posts i didnt read firsst time around that is, it doesnt reset the unread posts by closing the window, now only when you read the post or mark it as read.

:hyper:

i like the function now where if i login then close the window and open it again i can still see all the posts i didnt read firsst time around that is, it doesnt reset the unread posts by closing the window, now only when you read the post or mark it as read.

Yeh this is my fave thing so far 8) Good for being at work & having to close the window when the boss walks over - you still know where you're up to in unread posts! :wink:

Yeh this is my fave thing so far 8) Good for being at work & having to close the window when the boss walks over - you still know where you're up to in unread posts! :wink:

exactamundo :news:

Yep, colours will change. Our host and site admin (exstatic) has just moved back from a 2.5yr stint overseas. He's going to complete the overhaul in the coming weeks, so this is just the default set up to begin with.

Yep, colours will change. Our host and site admin (exstatic) has just moved back from a 2.5yr stint overseas. He's going to complete the overhaul in the coming weeks, so this is just the default set up to begin with.

:wink:

we'll get the pretty colours back 8)

I miss the old forum, now it looks like any other forum. I think that the previous colour scheme and style was unique and quite attractive. Oh well the way of progress I suppose.

Relax!! If you check out the above posts, they're working on it!

All will be good 8)

Hi Admin, Was there any luck with getting our old accounts back? or even some of my pointless dribble / posts :P

At worst can i request a change in username? Its starting to become fairly long!

Let hope there isnt another upgrade .. othewise ill be known as tom_4090497_new_newest

Cheers guys!

hahaha, i too am wondering how long I will be new for.

Also when are we getting rid of the rmadrid clone.

is it just me or do you miss the whole thing when you click on a link that it would open in a new window? Can we get that back as it has stopped since the the upgrade. I know i could just right click and open in a new tab but i want to be lazy. :lol:

And all these "new" people and the rmadrid_clone are making me nervous. I see them eyeing off my huge post tally with their hungry "post-depleated" eyes... :lol:

I know I can't defend my sugar pile forever........

Ahh.. That's why I picked up the clone tag.. The reasoning was that clones are like Dolly the sheep and their lifespan was a short few weeks... the original rmadrid-182 lives somewhere in the bowels of the OZRS mega-database...

I would never envy your post count... your lovely LY F1 R26 is another matter :twisted:

... the original rmadrid-182 lives somewhere in the bowels of the OZRS mega-database...

I would never envy your post count... your lovely LY F1 R26 is another matter :twisted:

Nice to know a good bowel scrape should release the original rmadrid-182. It must be uncomfortable in there. :(

Liquid Yellow envy is quite allowable...... :mrgreen:

Hi Admin, Was there any luck with getting our old accounts back? or even some of my pointless dribble / posts :P

At worst can i request a change in username? Its starting to become fairly long!

Let hope there isnt another upgrade .. othewise ill be known as tom_4090497_new_newest

Cheers guys!

hahaha, i too am wondering how long I will be new for.

Also when are we getting rid of the rmadrid clone.

Hmm all this upgrade and "data conversion" from old systems to new reminds me of work... Good luck dish & exstatic - at least it isn't a payroll system... :roll:

Just realised the security code for my radio was in my Private Messages :(

Now who did I buy the radio off :?

OT, but that reminds me I need to give someone a call to get mine since I plugged the battery over the weekend...

• 3 weeks later...

There also doesn't seem to be any palette for the font colour dialog, nor do any of the formatting buttons seem to funciton. :(

Not sure if I really care just yet, still love the new layout with avatars on the right and all the pretties! :D