My First Renault; Tc's Pearl White 265 Cup Premium

TC265

Hi I'm Trish,

After doing the right thing by the family for the last 20 years, It was finally time to look at a car just for me. 

Hung around people who were into cars during my uni days hence had a more than 'mild' interest. It had been submersed for the last decade or so by the prescribed commodores (company cars) but they have been great family cars.

I produced a short list of 17 cars! After being told "Mum, 17 cars is not a short list" I refined it down to a more manageable number to explore in the flesh.

Sadly I drove the Megane CC, but quickly returned it  to the dealer. The' look' had been there (in my eyes) but the car morphed into an ugly duckling as I attempted to accelerate.

I looked at the Clio sitting on the dealer floor but it would not fit the occasional required  6'3 passenger  nor my mountain bike so the yellow Megane RS was my next test drive. The sales person drove initially. The acceleration was scary, my eyes widened, my turn! It was a natural fit. Taking my time though, I continued to save and I still had other test drives to go through.

I had always wanted an Alfa having spent some time in the  late eighties driving an Alfa GTV. Fortunately the Renault dealer also dealt with Alfa. Took an Alfa Giulietta QV for a spin- like it alot though the pedals made the decision for me- not right :(

I looked at Ford Focus ST, too much fun to be had , great price but the seats, agh, why? There is no way I could drive in them for a few hours. Hit the forums and it confirmed my thoughts. 

After finally getting a VW dealer to answer the phone, I test drove the Scirocco R- one look at the dash and I thought I was in 2007. Nope, it was not for me, sorry aesthetics matter to me.

I test drove the golf R- wasn't going to as I thought golfs were as common as cats. I surprised myself when the only thing that came out of my mouth after  my test drive through the hilly, windy streets of Beacon Hill  on the Northern Beaches of Sydney was an involuntary 'WOW'.

My brother had suggested the BMW 235i but it was a little beyond my price range but also the dealer could not get one in for me in the 4 weeks of looking so I drove a BMW 328i instead. Alright but conservative.

It was now between the Golf R and the Megane RS 265 Cup Premium.

Another drive in each. 

The Megane made me smile, it made me smile when I drove it , it made me smile when I thought of it and it makes me smile now.

I absolutely love it.

I have dropped enough hints to my boys including this post that I would like a red t shirt for my upcoming birthday:

5sm11ze.jpg

It's a (late) 2014 but complied in '15. Options are; weather-shields, floor mats, rubber cargo mat, tinting, paint protection and the 19" gloss black Steev wheels. Being a cup premium it has the nice Recaro seats and reversing camera too.

Picking it up from the dealer, one very happy customer! Big thanks to Murphy and Sam :)

wDa1ACi.jpg

Brought it home for the first time, excuse the ugly house in the background, it's not mine!

p8xki6L.jpg

Almost straight away, off again for a drive up the Old Pacific Hwy then onwards to Patonga for fish and chips (not eating in the car of course):

PvwF63v.jpg

7OXkF98.jpg?1

It really is new, it really is mine!

PJvwN1t.jpg

Finally home, auto wipers work, have to wash the car tomorrow :furious:  (hopefully my boys do it for me!)  

GFTeMsC.jpg

Signed up to this forum after it was recommended by Murphy and Sam from McCarroll's Renault, hope to make some Renault friends and would love to attend some of the cruises/meets/track-days (after I learn the necessary skills).

Will be getting black Euro-style plates soon. Until then...

Cheers,

Trish.

Congratulations. Great looking car - really dig the wheels contrasting the pearl paint. (gives me something to think about)

Thanks, the red matches with the brake calipers. As I said this car makes me smile!

Welcome. Agree with the T-shirt, having had to put up with people movers after having 4 children (well worth it though). Great to be back in a performance car. You will enjoy it, it only gets better. But then again I'm a little biased as well. Enjoy the drive. :)

• Like 1

Congrats and welcome! Such a great choice. That's one awesome looking Meg.

That's a fun drive to Patonga, as is to Pearl Beach. Now let's work on your hand positioning to improve your enjoyment of the driving experience.

There's a club track day on April 2nd. Try and make it!

• Like 1

Congratulations Trish on your new new ride and welcome☺

Thanks! This seems like such a friendly place.

Well done, great car.. I'm not biased at all :)

Great minds think alike.

Congrats and welcome!

Thanks!

looks mint..enjoy

Thank you, unfortunately haven't been driving last two days due to the weather. It's been in the garage :/

Oh noes. My ugly head ruined this thread.

Congrats again Trish. As I said, it's my favourite spec in the new 265. You're going to love it.

Are you fishing for compliments Sam :wink: Already love it!

Patonga fish and chips are amazing! 

Enjoy the car and welcome : ) 

Yes had a great time but didn't want to leave the car by itself in front of the pub lol. It's usually me dragging my boys for a beach walk but this time they had to drag me!

Welcome Trish. Congrats on the purchase. Best colour IMO. Save up for a Blue fin and unleash some hidden power. You know you want to. Come for a criuse down south via The Nasho park and sea cliff bridge. All the nicest Renault owners live in the Illawarra. :)

Thanks! I'd like to keep my warranty for now ha ha. Have been thinking about that drive for a while, will definitely do it soon.

Cool story. Congrats on the purchase.

:)

Congratulations Trish!

Murphy and Sam have a really sucky job making people happy, don't they?

Cheers, oh it's so terrible!

Welcome. Agree with the T-shirt, having had to put up with people movers after having 4 children (well worth it though). Great to be back in a performance car. You will enjoy it, it only gets better. But then again I'm a little biased as well. Enjoy the drive. :)

I'm glad I only had two then! Good to know there are others who have done the same journey. Thanks for your comment.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoy your new RS experience. Im sure youll wonder why you didnt get one sooner.

I am wondering

Love the white, congrats

:headbang:

Haha this story reminds me of ours when Michelle made the decision to buy the 250. Tested the Rocc as well and once she drove the Trophee it was game over. Congrats Trish and welcome to the world of RS. :hyper:

Yeah the contrast is apparent as soon as you get in the RS, there's no going back   :hyper:

Welcome, cool story.

We have many years till the Wife can do away with the Tarago. Haha!

I feel her pain, but the sacrifice is worth it in my experience... Wish you luck!

I just noticed it doesn't have gloss black aircon trims, want to swap? Gloss black is such a pain to keep clean hah

It's already dirty... I lie, have fun with the gloss ha ha  :wink:

Congrats and welcome! Such a great choice. That's one awesome looking Meg.

That's a fun drive to Patonga, as is to Pearl Beach. Now let's work on your hand positioning to improve your enjoyment of the driving experience.

There's a club track day on April 2nd. Try and make it!

Great car for a great drive. Looking at the photos, it's the first thing I notice as well.

Any further details on the track day? I hope there's a learners session?   :sicko:

Thank You for sharing your story Trish, and welcome to the fold! Drive it as much as you can, because the driving experience just sharpens up the more miles you put on. Look forward to seeing you on one of the drive days

Thanks, looking forward to the drive days. This car is turning me into a speed monster (bye bye EVO's).

Thanks

Welcome Trish! Seems like a much deserved reward for slogging it out for 20 something years as a parent! Hoon mums for lyf [emoji594][emoji100]

Hoon mums for life!

they do make you smile...

just one question, the Megane rRecaros, aren't they they same as in the Focus RS?

wish my wife would desire a sports car!

Yes they are the same. It's funny that you ask (a friend at work):

5xbQLwJ.jpg

• 4 weeks later...