Of all the Cars and all the Models.....RS250 it is!

kaesh

Hi Guys,

As of two months ago I had no idea that Renault Sport even existed....

to cut a long story short after many a drives and many a searching I finally decided on two cars which I test drove, one a VW Golf GTi Mark 7 and the other a Renault RS 250 Cup!

Both Dealers took me up Mt Gravatt lookout so that I could test the handling and power of both vehicles, and I must say the Renault had me at the first corner!!, not to mentoin i got it at a Price of $40k Flat for a brand new one with 28 ks on it.

I have myself a Renault RS 250 Cup 2012 Build in the white as the only other colour i could find was a Blue or a black or a Luna grey/silver Not the trophy though as I could not justify spending that extra money on Xenons not to mention i liked the cloth seats instead of the Recaro's, plus i thought the trophy Rims looked unfinished unless they came in a black which they only had on the Australian GP version. although unfortunatley they did not have any other colour then the Yellow in the 2011 which came with the Sports computer.

So my question?

As a new Renault RS 250 Cup owner and driver what can i look forward to and what mod options do i have in terms of more power and also any handy things i could buy to make my experiencing that much better?

Also have I shot myself in the foot by buying an RS that is a 2012 instead of 2011 which have the Sports computer? as mine is the version with the moon roof and Sat Nav.

HELLO BTW!!! :) :) :)

Welcome to the RS family :D It never surprises me how few people know of Renault Sport and how good they are.They are the ducks guts .Sound like you got a good deal on the car.Did Gus sell you the 250? I have the sat nav ,the sports computer is ok but its mainly for the track and your not on the track every day,each to thier own i guess.Look thru the forum for idea's on modding the car,only problem is you have to get everything from the uk,pain in the butt,lol :clown:

Welcome. RS250 is great, you don't really have to mod them at all for performance but I have seen some great stickers available.

What did the Mk7 Golf GTI drive like, you must have been the first person in the world outside of VW to drive it!

Welcome mate. The 250 is in a different league to the mk6 GTI. Its nearest VW competitor is the Scirocco R, which it still dominates in terms of dynamics.

Enjoy your new found appreciation of RS cars. They're all great 8)

Welcome mate. The 250 is in a different league to the mk6 GTI. Its nearest VW competitor is the Scirocco R, which it still dominates in terms of dynamics.

Enjoy your new found appreciation of RS cars. They're all great 8)

Agree with all of the above :D

Thanks guys!, I am very proud and still smiling a week and a half later!

Yes the Clio RS 200 is a beautiful car they had one on display at the dealership.

Hopefully i will be able to see all your Cars (QLD Members) when a drive is organised :)

And another welcome from an RS newbie. HEHEHE I have had mine just 6 months and done 10,000ks already.

Lovin it!

I'm sure your pics will follow and I also would like to have the RS Monitor in my Clio Trophee but as they say, you would play with it at the track and to show off to friends for a while before interest fades a little I think.

Welcome all!

As a not-so-newby now (11 months, 34000kms), and without wanting to upset anyone, I have to say that I still love the RS Monitor on my 250.

Seldom use the G-force or lap timer or 0-100 screens, but most days I'll use the two information screens with boost, power, brake pressure, temps, etc.

Usually scroll through the other info in the dash display a bit too.

That's in between text messages and tweets of course :wink:

welcome , you've made the right choice and will enjoy . they are so good out of the box they dont need mods unless youre really keen .....

instead , spend the mod money more wisely... get with the recent trend on here, get a clio 172 and strip it out for track work ! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Gday mate! good thing you didn't get a black 250.. seems to be a lil "curse" on it so far :lol: I have myself an AGP which is outta action at the moment.

performance? seems like RStuner and Superchips/Bluefin are the bizzwax around here for performance gain bang for buck! plenty of conversation about them in Meg III section.

CF? Streamline Carbon (bloody exxy, theyre from Euro.)

Stickers? Ebay all the way, a couple of websites also sell replica stickers of past model cars

Enjoy your new found love :D

Welcome!!!

Haha, $40k sounds like a steal, considering the second hand ones go for that much! I guess this means they are starting to discount now that the RS265 is coming out. Not that there is much difference.

I always thought the sat-nav would be more useful (which it is when you go visiting a fair bit) but the problem is I didn't like how it integrated into the dash. Looks a bit out of place. The RS monitor is great, but the resolution reminds me of something from the early 2000s. Oh well.

I test drove the black trophee they had as a demo back in April, and loved the recaros - couldn't say no to a fully loaded one! I do like the gimmicks like keyless entry/start etc.

If you get the chance, check out my other post in my thread - not sure if you want to join the Group-buy for the DRL override kit - allows the DRLs to come on at night (dimmed) - otherwise they are off.

Welcome all!

As a not-so-newby now (11 months, 34000kms), and without wanting to upset anyone, I have to say that I still love the RS Monitor on my 250.

Seldom use the G-force or lap timer or 0-100 screens, but most days I'll use the two information screens with boost, power, brake pressure, temps, etc.

Usually scroll through the other info in the dash display a bit too.

That's in between text messages and tweets of course :wink:

Hey, I really would love to have the RS Monitor in my Clio, but it's not there and I try to talk myself into not needing it. :mrgreen:

Awesome mate. U still like a kid let loose in the lollie shop?

Yep yep Sure am!

I'm itching to go for a drive with another person who owns one of these beauties so please let me know if anyone is interested i live in brisbane.

Keep your eye on the Social Events pages because there are "Drive Days" reasonably regularly (seems to be on average one-a-quarter) in Brisbane, Sydney & Melbourne.

As a matter of fact, there seems to be a Brisbane/Gold Coast one planned for July 14th with at least two RS250's confirmed...

http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22366

I suggest you post your interest on the thread.