Hi all...

steve11

Hi all,

Pick up my latest ride tomorrow...10' Clio RS200 20TH Anniversary. :hyper:

Be very interesting to compare to my recently departed toys... 07' Civic Type R & 04' Mini Cooper S JCW.

Spent several years successfully racing a 99 STI coupe & had a long list of other performance stuff but this is my first Renault, hopefully it is representative of other quality Euro stuff.

Anyway just wanted to say g'day.

Very nice! Coming from the Type-R, you will love the Clio!

Enjoy 8)

Hey Steve!! Welcome from another local Clio lover and owner.

I look forward to seeing your new wheels and you will see that I am an EX cooper S owner as well.

Are you buying from Sydney?

I must say this forum is very friendly, casual & knowledgable, it's a nice change from some of the others around. Having owned 2 x STI's & a normal rex i was on the local Subaru forum from 1997 onwards & watched it go down hill as the popularity of the Subi rose. Mini forum was ok though the average owner wasn't what i'd call an enthusiast, Honda type R forum was a playground for ill informed kids & the Holden/HSV forum (ashamedly i had a ve hsv ute for a very short period) is an absolute embarrassment to anyone who knows anything about motor vehicles.

Also don't forget to add your car to the 20th AE register sticky thread.

Cheers,

Trent

via Tapatalk. Sorry for the auto correct failures...

Picked the car up from Sydney today in pouring rain, drove home with R070 semi slicks through lots of standing water & loved every minute of it, what a great car these are. The steering feel is what really impressed me, the close ratio gearbox makes it so easy to keep it on the boil too. Very happy & hanging onto this one for a while for sure.

Yes i have seen the light :hail:

Nice work! Welcome to the forum and thanks for the positive comments. Been said many times before but this is a tip top forum for sure.

There will be a weekend social drive north from Sydney some time this month. Check out the Social Events section. Would be great to see you and the Clio at the event!

Welcome steve11 you will love the Clio RS 200 AE and every day get's better.

I have seen on another post you are getting the Akropovic Evolution great decision mate you won't regret it. :wink:

Hope to see you and the AE on the next drive 17th of June.

Hey Steve, any chance of you coming on the drive day on the 17th June?

I'd be happy to collect you on the way down to join in.

Welcome Steve!

You're gonna love the Akra!

You've got a seriously impressive car history list Steve!! Absolutely love that HQ beast with the roll cage! And I see from your JCW that you're already more than familiar with our awesome Recaros!

Nice work mate!

Welcome Steve!

You're gonna love the Akra!

You've got a seriously impressive car history list Steve!! Absolutely love that HQ beast with the roll cage! And I see from your JCW that you're already more than familiar with our awesome Recaros!

Nice work mate!

Thanks Ange.

HQ was a ''Street Machine" magazine cover car back in the day & ran a best of 11.8 1/4 mile.

Purchased the Recaro Sportster seats for Mini from a Porsche dealer in the US in 2005 as the standard Mini seats were rubbish.

As a matter of interest i noticed your previous ride & back when i was 18 (long long ago) i also had TE Gemini, http://s720.photobucket.com/albums/ww20 ... gemini.jpg fitted it with a G180 & twin 45mm Webbers (severely over carburetted but sounded tuff) :lol: .

Ha yeah loved that Gemini!

You had a similar set up to mine! With the webers on that thing drank like a seasoned alcoholic but with the lumpy cam, boy did it sound hot!

Was considering spending the cashola to put an FJ20 into it so that I could run quarters like your beast but my brain overpowered my heart!

Again, love your selection of past cars and love what you're driving now! :wink:

Wow! That's a serious catalogue of cars! Nice work.

Thanks, Chris.

There has actually been a few more that i didn't list too.

Been a fun experience but i could have had another house with what ive spent on mods alone... :lol:

Theres quite a few others on here with the same problem im guessing... :)

Ha yeah loved that Gemini!

You had a similar set up to mine! With the webers on that thing drank like a seasoned alcoholic but with the lumpy cam, boy did it sound hot!

Was considering spending the cashola to put an FJ20 into it so that I could run quarters like your beast but my brain overpowered my heart!

Again, love your selection of past cars and love what you're driving now! :wink:

Wise move staying away from the Nissan engine transplant big $'s, though that Group C Bluebird of George Fury's went like crazy... :lol:

Re the clio... I was originally after an AGP 200 myself but my budget didn't quite stretch that far so settled for the 20th AE 200 & very happy with it.