My "FREE!!" 250 Trophee

Pez

Hi Gents, I picked up my new 250 on Saturday from Lismore and drove home yesterday. WOW, how good are these cars.

I brought the car with 13,000 kms on the clock from Peter and Karen who won the car in a magazine prize, and as they are country type, they didn't really want it. Actually Karen refused to go in it, because of the seats. Free Megane 250, does it get any better, well I didn't get it for free, but am happy with how everything went.

It's a luxury model with all the bells and I'm in love after about 1000kms in the first day, what a great start...

Here's a sneak peek...

DSCF7820.jpg

Haha nice work Braden!

Where was the car advertised?

Glad you went with your heart on the new car purchase! :wink:

Uh-oh, another convert.. before we know it we will all be in RS250's!

Congratulations Blue182... or should that be white250?

Thanks gents, it was the car advertised rurally on carsales.

The first mod?, well after the epic pretty much allday clean, I've debadged the back. I guess that counts, then maybe defoam the airbox, then a K&N. Car doesn't need much it just feels so solid on the road.

Here's a couple from a little drive today. The better half had to drive and approve or I'd be sleeping in the garage.

DSCF7826.jpg

DSCF7823.jpg

Nice one Bluie!!!! Congrats mate. Really glad you got into an RS again. Looking forward to catching up for a drive, you might even be able to keep up with an R26 now :wink:

I so wish I known, I'm in Grafton, you would have driven right past me!

I brought my new truck from Lismore a few weeks back, it's white as well. Has twice the horsepower tho :wink:

congrats Braden! love the white, so happy for you.. be interesting to gather your thoughts with going from the hooligan 182 to the 250's turbo

Thanks Riz, well, I still don't feel as confident in corners as I did in the 182, the way the car communicates which also comes from being so light, I don't feel in the 250. Time will tell if that type of feedback eventuates. But it's just so nice to drive, plenty of punch, feels alot stronger than the Clio and pulls from down low, so overtaking and building speed is down in a far more civilized way. If you are considering a change I would defiantly say, go for it.

Nice one Bluie!!!! Congrats mate. Really glad you got into an RS again. Looking forward to catching up for a drive, you might even be able to keep up with an R26 now :wink:

I so wish I known, I'm in Grafton, you would have driven right past me!

I brought my new truck from Lismore a few weeks back, it's white as well. Has twice the horsepower tho :wink:

I might be able to keep up with the truck.

Yes I went through Grafton, shame I didn't realise you were there. I thought you didn't have the beast anymore.

I am very jealous. I wish I could have won an RS250!!!! Looks like a white trophee. So did the other half approve after a drive? I'm planning to get mine to go for a test drive :)

Yes she did, but she's really an A to B person, so it's more of she didn't dislike it. She still laments me selling her Lantra wagon. :?

congrats Braden! love the white, so happy for you.. be interesting to gather your thoughts with going from the hooligan 182 to the 250's turbo

Thanks Riz, well, I still don't feel as confident in corners as I did in the 182, the way the car communicates which also comes from being so light, I don't feel in the 250.

i reckon give you a week or two, you'll forget the old faithful, the 250 is just so modern and so much better built.. suspect missus secretly loves it but won't admit it..

Was that the Top Gear magazine car?

Awesome score!

At the shops today and had a flick through a Top Gear magazine will waiting, and what do I see, my winner of my car looking very happy with himself. Oh well, all mine now... :twisted:

i reckon give you a week or two, you'll forget the old faithful, the 250 is just so modern and so much better built.. suspect missus secretly loves it but won't admit it..

Sounds like the perfect time to update there Riz...

250_effected.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Great buy and lovely car.

I had seen that presentation article in my TopGear mag and wished it was me. lolllll

Look out Macquarie Pass????