Not-so-newbie Clio owner

walkie86

Well, literally just got home from collecting my new car. A huge thanks to Jonathon (jpgibson) who has been great throughout the whole process, once he decided he wanted to sell! :wink:

Just a few quick photos as I just got her home. This afternoon will be a wash & detail, followed by a few little bits and pieces. She's currently fitted with a K-Tec cat-back exhaust and RSTuner remap (and goes great!), window tint & has just been serviced by Paul V 8)

More to come:

6107497475_8aa313fa2c_b.jpg

6108047436_163d309fa6_b.jpg

6107501087_17f21f6af5_b.jpg

6108043664_8c7f7e2e8d_b.jpg

Thanks again Jonathon and enjoy your new toy when you get her :D

Well, literally just got home from collecting my new car. A huge thanks to Jonathon (jpgibson)

Nice one Alex. I would have bet a tenner that's what you were up too.

Top buy, was constantly telling myself, Don't buy Clio, after seeing that for sale.

Can't wait to see a few mod's Alex. Maybe colouring rims then .............

Cheers fellas Gave her a quick wash and vacuum this arvo before I realised I had something on so going to try and rope rob 240 into some detailing action on father's day :wink:

Bloody hell, you dont muck around do you?! Gone to a MUCH more deserving home.What's her new name? The photos look great btw. Almost as good as the ones i took with my phone!

blue ones are faster ! cant wait to get the clay bar and random orbital out later today .

if alex hadnt have bought her , i would have for swmbo .

pleasure meeting jonathon ... hope to catch up on the next run

as to mods - we need a sik show car blinged clio with 20's on the forum , don't we ?

Arrgh!!! Nice!! Gratz Alex, I've been wrapped for you since you broke the news. It looks awesome and I can't wait to see what you do with her!!

-Dan

blue ones are faster ! cant wait to get the clay bar and random orbital out later today .

if alex hadnt have bought her , i would have for swmbo .

pleasure meeting jonathon ... hope to catch up on the next run

as to mods - we need a sik show car blinged clio with 20's on the forum , don't we ?

I love the fatherly support there Rob, wish my Dad had the same passion about Renault's unfortunately his is tied up in big box classic American cars.

BTW... Happy Father's Day.

yankee classics are cool too . i test drove a HUGE cadillac soft top circa 1970 model a while back . white - red interior . it wasnt much to drive but it was an ''event'' to peddle it around . . didnt buy it as it didnt fit into the collection plans [ small / hard / euro / silly / track ]

drove walkies car this arvo , very very nice .

Thanks everyone! Loving it so far - it's different to the 182 but certainly a step up in several areas. Overall it feels like a much newer, better put together car and with the K-tec exhaust and RSTuner remap, feels a lot "torqueier" than I remembered 197s to be. Very happy!

Just a few small plans for now as Jonathon had it pretty well sorted already:

- silvervision indicator bulbs

- debadge C L I O

- OZRS sticker

- LED parkers

- full detail!

I used the excuse of having to go to the dentist to drive to work day, even if it cost me $20 in parking!

90838873-3368-432b.jpg

Very cool...a nice blue flamer.

All the best with it, hope to hear from you one day,

cause i would lovvvvvve to see some nice black magnesiums - on a Blue 197 - WELL photographed.

Cheers Alex,

WOLF

Haha cheers Wolf, by black magnesiums, you mean the R26.R wheels? Do they come in 17s??

So when's the signature getting updated? :mrgreen:

Oops! Will get onto it. I've already done the new 'Garage' entry!

I used the excuse of having to go to the dentist to drive to work day, even if it cost me $20 in parking!

90838873-3368-432b.jpg

If you're at a loose end I'm happy to pm you my shopping list...

Awesome work, looks like my exhaust found another great home :wink: Please keep it shiny.

Don't worry, Bert. I will 8)

I'd take good care of those Ultraleggaras too :wink:

Congrats on the new car Alex!

I happened to spot a nice color like yours when i was in Monaco last month and this was on its way there! When i saw it i though to myself this is going to be the next color combo for me!

p1010868s.jpg

^^^ haha no Braden, I look after my cars and treat them very well 8)

I'm driving down to Jervis Bay tonight and back on Sunday so keep an eye out on the freeway/Mt Ousley for me in the new beast!

So did a back to back with buddy and his stock R27 a few nights ago. Some impressions were:

- Cup suspension feels stiffer and more planted. Non-cup still feels "sporty" though

- RS Tuner remap on mine increases mid-range torque but flattens out the "5k kick"

- Stock 197 seats actually go lower than the Recaros and hug you pretty well. I love the look and feel of the Recaros but probably wouldn't change the stockies.

- The K-tec exhaust sounds mean :twisted:

- Silver wheels suit the blue and anthracite suits the white, though anthracite would also work on the blue whereas silver wouldn't work on the white!

Overall, very happy 8)

I'm driving down to Jervis Bay tonight and back on Sunday so keep an eye out on the freeway/Mt Ousley for me in the new beast!

Mate, if you feel like a coffee or a stretch of the legs, swing past, I'd love to see the new beast....

Mate, if you feel like a coffee or a stretch of the legs, swing past, I'd love to see the new beast....

Maybe Sunday arvo? Should have Coop with me in the car too. Will be in touch 8)

Sorry Moosey, it was after a dinner we went to. Teki would have felt even worse if there was another Renault there.

Alex now fully understands that my Cleo is a F1 car. It's so fast!!

Congratulations Alex! a fine choice!

and there's something i love about that colour..........

Sam.

Thanks Sam! What happened to your wee beastie? You sold it a little while back, yes?