Is this worth a look - 182 Cup

bluee

Hi All,

Being this is only my 2nd post and am very new to Renaults I am hoping to get some opinions on the below advertised car.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/pri ... silo=1011f

This was advertised at $17999 yesterday and has now come down to $15499. I understand the 100k service will entail the timing belt to be changed and this will set me back approx $1200.00.

Can people let me know if this is worth the dollars and a look at? (possible you may know the owner and can vouch for the car)

Also it appears there have been some mods to the car, I would prefer standard but possibly you can advise if these mods are a good or bad thing.

One thing I do know is is is a great looking car, and rare.

Appreciate any advice.

Innocent enough mods (most of which can be found here on the forum). If the servicing has been done per the logbook, it shouldn't need belts until 120k km service - but you would need to have a look at the service manual to check.

Looks neat and tidy in the pics. Think it would be well worth the look at. If you can, get someone who knows how an RSC should handle to come with you just in case there's something mechanically wrong lurking there.

Price is perhaps a smidge on the high side for the kms - but it is a rarer car and looks to be in fine condition.

Have fun - and welcome to the forum!

Looks clean and tidy, but the "1 of 30" claim is misleading. It is not from either of the Limited Editions as it has the smaller rear spoiler, so even the stripes have been done post-delivery (not saying that they aren't factory stripes, but they could be the aftermarket ones from Grafico).

Milltek exhaust is a really nice unit.

i didnt understand this...

Excellent handling and it is much more responsive then standard cup..

:?

I didn't get it either but I think he's referring to the exhaust and panel filter...

The rear looks exactly like Teki's old 182 - FRB with small spoiler, centre coloured Renaultsport sticker on the rear windscreen and Milltek exhaust :wink:

Jeez. Well spotted Dish!!

Teki's car was bought by RC182&225 but was unfortunately written off from a side impact collision IIRC.

Hmmm maybe someone bought the wreck and fixed it up?? It's exactly like his old car...

Yes, I recall seeing the pics, and met RC182&225 (John?) at Eastern Creek last year.

But far out - the plot thickens, eh? Would need a VIN to verify :wink:

You know, I just had a look at Teki's facebook pics to see if there's any shots to compare with the car currently for sale. And guess what? Those "Clio Cup" stickers on the rear side glass were on Teki's car too... so, the chances of there being 2 identical cars like that in NSW? You do the math! :P

Buyer beware!

Yep, just had a look at the pictures and this is definitely my old car.

I sold it with about 66,000kms on it. John (RSC182 & RSM225) may be able to confirm how many kms it had when it was written off...?

Registration Number: NXS09H Request Id: 109957218

Registration State: NSW Date: 03.01.2011

VIN/Chassis: VF1CB210F50632211 Time: 13:33

Engine Number: F4R738C013520

* ENCUMBRANCE/WARNING DETAILS *

The vehicle indentifiers you have supplied indicate that the vehicle has

been recorded as a Repairable Write-Off. The vehicle may have been repaired,

inspected and re-registered.

Before you buy the vehicle, contact the manufacturer to check if the

the manufacturer's warranty is still valid.

There is no financial interest

VEHICLE DETAILS MATCHED WITH RTA

I sold it with about 66,000kms on it. John (RSC182 & RSM225) may be able to confirm how many kms it had when it was written off...?

According to the auction, it had 97,770km on it.

(Below image is from John's thread, courtesy of BG 172)

file.php?id=802

I don't know what to say except a huge THANKS to everyone that responded. Without you guys I would have never found out all this info.

I'll obviously give this one a miss, as much as I want to purchase a cliosport, I am not desperate and will happily wait till a decent one becomes available. It really sh*ts me that there are dodgey people out there and I feel bad for the person that may get suckered in.

I am not only new to Renaults but also to forums and can say my first experience using one has been excellent. So much so that my decision to purchase a clio sport has only been further cemented as the people on this site only have the best intentions to help others and I know that any questions I may have in the future regarding the car (when I get one) will be answered to the best of peoples knowledge.

What else can I say, this site rocks and so do you guys.

Well yes, welcome to the forum. Amazing people on here

I can also tell you that I let it go for $20,000 and it was then advertised for $22000 I think, and this was when it had 66,000kms and about 2 years ago now!

Good luck with the search and do not forget to ask for the VIN and Engine Number. They are found on their registration papers (if they can't locate it on the car). Then do a Revs on;

http://www.revs.nsw.gov.au/

Hi All,

Being this is only my 2nd post and am very new to Renaults I am hoping to get some opinions on the below advertised car.

Howdy,

See your first post... replied there. This one seems to unanimously get the thumbs down.

Just as a helpful piece of advice, i'd stick to you original 1st post or this oe ad just hit reply with any new options.

Cheers ad aren't you glad you asked here first about THIS car? :shock:

WOLF

Hmm, Yes I noticed my fantastic stripe job.

I think you will find I was the one who fit those for teki.. Good to see they are still holding up.

Even If that car had not been written off I wouldn't reccommend it. I can say this now, but Teki, you did have not the best run with it did you?

Ahh Auburn, the land of repairable writeoffs.

I bought a lexus is200 that was one in the past. Apparently theres ways of getting past Revs too (ie. if the car was from another state)

I knew it was in an accident but it wasnt a write off, and drove/checked out fine so i figured it was just a few fenders etc.

Funnily enough, it was written off by another car 3 months into my owning it. The insurance company told me i was lucky because they have access to a "revs" thats Aus wide that it was a repairable writeoff in Vic in the past.

Anyway I got paid out well and was indeed lucky.