New RS member

RC182&225

G'day all,

I am new to this forum but not so new to the thrill of owning a renaultsport machine. I brought new a 2007 225 Cup and this brought a 2005 Clio 182 Cup in FRB for the missus. I recently changed the tyres on the Clio and made an expensive decision to change to Pirelli PZero's from the original Exaltos, after 2 weeks changed for new Exaltos, they are a far superior tyre to the Pirelli's.

The Megane is almost out of warranty and the Clio is due for a service so I am in the search for a RS mechanic. Can anyone recommend a tech with some passion for what he does, I will be forever in your debt.

I will post some photos of my babies taken recently....

JOHN S

Ah you have Steves old car!!!!

Enjoy bud! Yeah the Miltek and Hiflow cat do sound the biz on that car.

So did you end up purchasing direct from balmain or did they move the car on to where you picked it up from?

Welcome to the forum! This place has a wealth of knowledge, and you'll find pretty much everything you need on here.

For a mechanic, I agree you can't go passed Paul V. There should be one of his service stamps in the service manual, as he has serviced the car once. As a dealer, you'd be tough to find someone better the Northshore Renault in Waitara. However, if I remember correctly NRC182 should be out of warranty by now; so definitely book her in to see Paul V. Guaranteed it will come back better than new.

Great to hear you've been enjoying the fruitful sound of the exhaust... I must say if I could go back I'd keep the exhaust and then sell the car! 2 day change over didn't give me enough time.

Again, glad to see the car went to a good home... was a little worried some P plater would run her to the ground.

Welcome again, and good to see some pictures :wink:

Welome! Good to see the old beast still kicking! Nice Meggy too - love the Toro Red 8)

Enjoy the forum & get along to a social event!

G'day Steve,

I did buy the car from Balmain, tell you the truth, I never drove a Clio until I brought RC-182, and have not driven another Clio since.

Question, do all Clio's have a heavy clutch or is this one unique, another question, does the Milltek add more than just music to RC-182?

Megane is so much different in all areas....

JOHN S

Hey John,

Ha, nice one! I thought it was a bargain considering how much I traded her for. I think they must've then made a profit off what I bought from them.

They all have a heavy clutch; but given my inner-city location I would say mine seemed stiffer than others. Apparently you need to lube the cable (Paul V does this) but it isn't a full fix; for that you need a new clutch (get stuffed!). Instead, just give it a slight rev (and listen to that exhaust) and the release is a little easier to deal with.

Not sure; I never dyno-ed it. But, I would say it definitely sounds louder getting there! I'm thinking it must have freed up the engine a little, surely? Either way, it sounds amazing and to this day (sure, I'm biased slightly) I think it is the best sounding Clio I've heard :)

Oh god I miss it... Sell me the exhaust if you sell the car, ever :wink: I'll get another some day.

Glad you're enjoying it. And, good choice on the Exaltos. I went everywhere looking for replacement; hence it has only ever had Exaltos.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey mate,

Great to see you got NRC 182. I have its sister car V RC 182 here in vic LOL. I also added your stripes as well :) (however I don't offer warranty).

I drove that car a bit and I have to say that I always thought the clutch in it was very heavy in comparison to my own, but that happens on some clutches with time.

congrats.

• 2 months later...

Bad news about car though as long every bodies fine.

Don't wont to be macabre but is there any photos to show damage. Clio don't feel like the most secure car around, despite a solid safety rating.

Any chance of exhaust or bits off it?? :)

NRC-182, is now deceased, she was T-Boned tonight at 1:30am driver and passenger are fine, big thanks to the side impact air-bags, they really work. My baby was killed by a rev head in a Civic showing his mates how stupid he can be. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

NOOOOOoooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Mate, glad to hear she kept you both safe though. I always thought she was a good girl like that.

Um, try and take that exhaust off! Trust me, you'll regret it BIG time. Can you keep or sell the plates? Worth doing...!

Very sad to hear, but glad too that she sacrificed herself to save you both. Having experienced first hand how the Clio behaves in a side impact, all I can say is that they are surprisingly capable of holding up to considerable force whilst protecting the occupants. The side curtains go off incredibly quickly!!

Wish you all the best. Hope insurance sorts out your claim quickly!

PS: Hope they throw the book at the Civic driver!!

Thanks for all the well wishes guys :D

Car is in an insurance compound at present, fitted new Focals just yesterday, didn't get a chance to experience the awesome sound. I will be very lucky to get to the new speakers let alone the Exhaust or brand new Exaltos!!!

I am now looking for another, not sure how long the insurance will take to settle, but if there is one out there for sale, has to be a 182 Cup, either BO or FRB, and as low Km's as possible.

I will post some photos soon, but definitely absorbed a hugh hit, with no real injuries, only a sore arm from the air-bag deployment, unbelievably quick deployment, all you RS Clio drivers, you can certainly feel safe if your unlucky enough to be involved in an accident....

Regards

JOHN :cry:

Bugger!

Good luck John finding another :)

It is a shame, but again, good to hear that everyone was safe. The car is still replaceable :)

Hopefully the payout will allow for a low Km example

Glad that you're ok and that the car held up well but so sad to see this one go :(

My car (along with Danny's 182) was the younger sister to this 182 - spent a lot of time driving with or driving in this beast...

Hopefully you can find another great example soon 8)

What a #@%ing!! waste!!!

Please keep us posted what your insurance plans to do with the remains. Surely it might be good for a track car...with some SERIOUS work!

Cheers and lament,

WOLF

ps: 197...yes to that, indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

What a shame..

Absolute F***ing shame..

• 2 months later...

^^^ Yeh that's it (exhaust and coloured RENAULTsport sticker on the rear window) :wink:

Sooooooooooooooo tempting!

WOLF

Ditto to that!! you sort the door and new airbag, I'll sort the chassis... I sell my sister's Ka (she's overseas) to pay for it 8) 'cause she won't be pissed off till she finds out in another 6 months :lol:

Hi Guys,

I was the owner when this car was written off, to be frank, I was suprised when the assessor rang to confirm he has written it off. The car would be a very good repair prospect, not a lot of damage to the substructure, no roof damage, obviously side airbag was deployed, but I am not expert. It has the Milltek exhaust, just had a major Paul V service, recently new Exaltos.

ps. it went like a Rocket!!!

Good luck!!!

And before John... that was my car! If I could get along to the Auction I would.

I want that exhaust back damnit!

No Subframe or Roof damage? Looks like beneath the door (chassis rails) would have taken a pretty big hit though?

*Just looked it up, I've even still got the invoice for that exhaust!*

Wow, this thread is a sad read.

Always sad to see any RS go to the "Big Twisty 2 Lane Blacktop in the Sky". Even more so when it has OzRS history.

Hope you can pick up another Clio at a good price mate.

Is it weird to have 2 the same colour? :)

I often thought that an R27 in LY would be a good car for the Mrs.....that's not Wierd is it.... :P:wink:

• 2 weeks later...