Changes to OzRENAULTsport

e.Sport

i like it!

My only idea is that the feedback section be placed near the top of the website, that way if new users have any problems signing up they can see exactly where to post their questions and or see any website news / features

Tom

i like it!

My only idea is that the feedback section be placed near the top of the website, that way if new users have any problems signing up they can see exactly where to post their questions and or see any website news / features

Tom

Thanks Tom.

Done & done 8)

am i the only one that finds it looks abit strange?....maybe becos i am too used to the old one :)

i agree, maybe i'll warm to the new style though over time.

The page containing the list of forums is a little long now. I run 1280x1024 and there's a fair bit of scrolling involved before the off topic forum is visible. I can see this being an issue that would attract a lot of conflicting opinions but maybe have the groups sorted in rough order of how often they get posted to? Put the noobs, sightings and for sale at the bottom perhaps. Poll if there are too many people with opposing views.

The page containing the list of forums is a little long now. I run 1280x1024 and there's a fair bit of scrolling involved before the off topic forum is visible. I can see this being an issue that would attract a lot of conflicting opinions but maybe have the groups sorted in rough order of how often they get posted to? Put the noobs, sightings and for sale at the bottom perhaps. Poll if there are too many people with opposing views.

Yes the forum has gotten longer. :wink:

At this stage the forum is view only (but cannot read) bar:

[New to OzRENAULTsport] Newbies, FAQ

[FEEDBACK] Website Feedback which will allow guests to read and limited posting, and

[Classified] For Sale, Wanted. (as above)

There are still spammers posting in For Sale threads and these for the time being have been locked.

Thanks again for the feedback and appreciative of your patronage.

OzRS Admin & Mod Team :mrgreen:

it's as good as a holiday... 8)

I'll reserve judgement for a few weeks :)

Yeah,

Its looks a lot more busy/cluttered, I access using a blackberry (but have the "view new posts" as a link), so it just looks like a whole heap of borders.

IMO

Dave

Not sure,

As with Alex, I won't comment until I get used to it, Its a little confusing at the moment and it too me like 2 minutes to find Off Topic yesterday!

I guess I'm simple *sob*

personally i always prefer things streamlined & minimised, whatever software it may concern (windows, browsing, audio, work programs) so this new expanded look isn't to my tastes. having said that it looks a bit more pro i guess, and i'm sure i can get used to using the scroll wheel that little bit more on the front index page...i'm sure in a few months we will be used to the new look.

don't know if it helps mr. pea, but I am pretty sure on a pc you can click the name of the group on the index page and it minimises that group.. I.e on the index page click "feedback" and it should shrink..

on a side note. I guess spliting them up makes it easier to do that

don't know if it helps mr. pea, but I am pretty sure on a pc you can click the name of the group on the index page and it minimises that group.. I.e on the index page click "feedback" and it should shrink..

on a side note. I guess spliting them up makes it easier to do that

One of the reasons for splitting up the forum... like that. Hopefully its clearer to navigate for the new, as soon to be new and exisiting members/contributors. Minimising the forums will allow easier scrolling and new posts are always highlighted in orange (like the OZRENAULTsport logo up top)

Thanks for all the feedback. Keep em' coming (dare i say it... suggestions too)

• 2 weeks later...
can you guys introduce a shotbox?

i saw one on

http://futuremark.yougamers.com/forum/index.php

pritty funky option.

This is a chat window, yes? Sounds good to me, especially when there's a few people on...

I think they kinda look tacky on the top of screen, generally things like this just include dribble talk

Maybe if it wasnt located in the first view position so new members wouldnt be put off?

can you guys introduce a shotbox?

i saw one on

http://futuremark.yougamers.com/forum/index.php

pritty funky option.

This is a chat window, yes? Sounds good to me, especially when there's a few people on...

I think they kinda look tacky on the top of screen, generally things like this just include dribble talk

Maybe if it wasnt located in the first view position so new members wouldnt be put off?

I'd like it because there's such a delay with PMs. You see the person you want to talk to online, you go "ah! wanted to ask such-and-such about xyz" so you make your PM and it takes like 5 min to go through! And by that time, the person's logged off.... :twisted:

We could have it down the bottom of the page?

^^ PMs are instant - it's a matter of whether or not the receiver has refreshed his/her screen or clicked on another thread so that they see the alert sooner rather than later. The other thing is that they may have already logged off when you have logged in - the info only lists those who have logged in or refreshed a page/thread in the previous 5 minuues.

Having a 'shout' area also depends on whether or not you want everyone (who is logged in) reading your messages to each other or not!

• 1 year later...

peeps

nregative about the current format

its not as obvious as it used to be that you have received a PM.

before that box popped up in the middle where as now its a lot omre deceptive (ala the beeched whale you tube clip)

are we taknig it back to the previous way or being as popular as i am (BEING SARCASTIC) will i jsust have to keep checking the top of the forum page to see whether PM's have come in?

Yes, I agree that the obvious "1 new message" message was much clearer. There are a multitude of settings and options for us the Admin team to further investigate, so it might be there still, somewhere...

As for colours, we will be going back to a grey/yellowy-orange scheme. This is just the interim basic setup.

• 1 month later...

I have 2 issues.

1) There are 4 tabs on the top including board index and log out. inbetween there are 2 more tabs which are blank ?? when I highlight it a message comes up saying control panel. and the other soesnt show anything ?? Very confusing.

2) I can't use emitcons for some reason. on some pages the emtitcons option is there to the right, but when i click oj it it soesnt go onto the reply message i am typing. or other times like now. I have no emticon option at all. Can anyone explain why ?

For the 2 reasons mentioned above I like the old version. I had no hassles. But its not ideal for me at the moment with the way its working. If the above problems are fixed then i have no issues with the new set up.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

your 2nd point is known about, and has been raised in the feedback section. The admin team are working on a fix.

the 1st seems odd - have you cleared your cache and tried reloading? (shift F5)

Gryffin. Ive tried the F5. It reloaded the page but still the same. I then tried shift F5. It does'nt do anything ?? So the problem is still there.

Also forgot to mention earlier. When I click on a link it totally reloads the existing page, so you no longer have the OZRS page at hand. you have to press the back button top left of the currently loaded page to get back to the forum or load up a new page by relogging on the forum.

At first I thought it may have been my browser settings. But i have'nt touched them. And the links load on a new page on any other site anyways.

The problem only happens on the OZRS site. I find it really annoying as it puts me off wanting to click on a link someone may have posted.

So as things are at the moment, i prefer the old site. sorry guys.

As far as fine tuning goes. I would prefer a little more color. The shades of grey are too suttle IMO. Dark blues for the borders maybe ? possibly a combination of blue and yellow in certain areas. and then greys and blacks.

My 2c.

Cheers

Steve

Cheers for your feedback, Steve. I can tell you one major plus about the new site, there's a few admins who have gained their sanity back now that they don't have to endlessly sift through spam membership applications (thanks guys :)). I'm sure that we can fine tune a few things to meet requests from members, but the new platform is definitely a move forward for us all.

Thanks Moosey.

Im by no means trying to criticise the new platform. Just simply stating my point of view. Im sure when it gets all sorted, and we as a group adjust to the 'new' platform things will be back to normal and probably better. Its just not working for me at the moment. But I have faith in you guys :wink:

I have noticed a drop off in postings though, or is it not the case ? not sure. Probably due to the gremlins at this stage no doubt.

Cheers

Steve

Crikies !

I think this needs to be mentioned ! Just as i finished posting my last post above, i then closed the page, and for some strange reason the page reloaded about 30 times before i closed 'the group' at the bottom of my screen !

I then tried to reload the OZRS site but the page went blank for about a minute. it came good after that. Not sure if it has anything to do with OZRS but i tried loading up a diffrent site and had no problem.

Once again don't mean to sound critical. Just my perspective of things.

Cheers

Steve

ha ha ! who knows ?

Its only 6 months old though. Its a dell quad core with 3 years of warranty and virus protection. No dramas apart from the usual 'Vista' gremlins.

otherwise good. its ok though Moosey. I'll just be patient and let you guys do what you's gotta do. No sweat mate :wink:

Im sure it will be sorted in time. No stress :)

ps...my emitcons you may see are from key board input. Not the emitcon option to the side (no such option on my page at the moment).

Cheers

Steve

I have 2 issues.

1) There are 4 tabs on the top including board index and log out. inbetween there are 2 more tabs which are blank ?? when I highlight it a message comes up saying control panel. and the other soesnt show anything ?? Very confusing.

Steve

I noticed this today too when viewing the forum using IE. Tabs work perfectly now I'm at home and using Firefox - a code incompatibility thing perhaps?

I also can't highlight text when using IE, but can when using Firefox....weird.

Ive got no clue about what the pro's n cons are with these firefox/microsoft/mac/IBM yibbida yibbida la dida systems.

But i was once told that firefox is a much more stable system than explorer, and better suited to business use.

Cheers

Steve