New tyres for a rs265 808 in 235/35/19

AndyHank1212

• AndyHank1212 changed the title to New tyres for a rs265 808 in 235/35/19
22 minutes ago, chuckovski said:

https://www.bridgestone.com.au/tyres/au/bridgestone/potenza/potenza_sport#available-sizes_rimdiameter=17

The re003 will be cheaper and you will get what you pay for. They're not awful but like many forum members I've experienced them going from good to bad half way through their life. 

Yeah it brought they were great until I took the shoulders off them a bit. They went from good to bad really quick.

i rate the goodyear f1 eagle supersports if they come in that size. Best tyres I’ve had on the car in 18 inch including ps4, re003, hankook rs4. Rs4s are good for the track though.

Edited by Docmattic

I have been running the RE003 and they were far better then the no name tires that were on the car when I bought it . but I will be looking for something better next time That is to say more sticky  ( F1 super sport albeit way more expensive )

But 3 at the the price of 4 is not a bad deal, if you go to 245/35/19 they are even cheaper at $ 1000 a set ( thats what I have been running )

I swap between the RE003 and Hankook RS4 ( bought them for the track )  but end up leaving the RS4 on the car most times ...so much more grip but make more road noise

3 hours ago, AndyHank1212 said:

Yes 4 for 3 still on. These ones in pic. Are these the same? 

IMG_1245.png

We just put Potenza Sports on the i30N, it was 1297 fitted at Bob Jane on the 4 for 3 deal. It was this month so deal should still be active. Potenza Sport is supposed to be a top performer with the only potential concern being wear. For less than $200 over Adrenalines, go for the Sport…

I recently went for the 4 for 3 deal on the Potenza Sport - my RS250 had Pirelli Dragons on when I purchased it.  Albeit the Dragon's were well worn, the Sports feel great and are pretty good value for money.  Hard to justify top dollar for PS4S for my situation.

With the tune  I would be spinning wheels (second gear in particular) with the Dragons (also would do it on my track day RS4 tyres), but the Sports are showing much better grip - probably because their new, but hopefully they will hang in there.  They are a little less direct with turning (increased slip angle I guess) but I put this down to softer sidewall than the RS4.  Also as said above much quieter and softer ride.

From what I gather the Sports are a very good tyre in the wet, so my strategy is Sports for wet trackndays (plus occasional street driving - my RS250 is predominately track day car), and Hankook TD's (Z221) for dry track days, to replace my RS4's.

Edited by Zoto
grammar

I run PS4S after changing wheel size but still have my 18s with Eagle F1 Supersports. I can't really say there's much difference between them because the bigger difference I felt going from the supersports to the ps4s was 235 to 255. 

That said I simply cannot believe the price difference now in 255 it's insane. This 4 for 3 deal cost would be lucky to net you two tyres in 255 in a spec appropriate for our cars.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ALLEZ said:

I run PS4S after changing wheel size but still have my 18s with Eagle F1 Supersports. I can't really say there's much difference between them because the bigger difference I felt going from the supersports to the ps4s was 235 to 255. 

That said I simply cannot believe the price difference now in 255 it's insane. This 4 for 3 deal cost would be lucky to net you two tyres in 255 in a spec appropriate for our cars.

For an old tyre the ps4s sure is expensive! I was so happy my new Meg 3 needed new fronts for the rwc ...(vendor paid)