New RS250 Monaco GP owner

Chr15

Hey guys,

After lurking here for a few months, I recently bought a 2011 RS250 Monaco GP (no. 205). Really enjoying it so far and it feels like a suitable upgrade in power and handling from my old Honda Integra Type S.

The only mod on it at the moment are some Bilstein coilovers which definitely improve cornering and aesthetics. The previous owner also sold me some Rota Titan-Fs wrapped with Yokohama AD08Rs which I've been told are awesome on track. I'd like to get the resonator removed soon to hear a bit more action from the exhaust.

I'm liking the OZRS community so far and hopefully I can meet some of you in person once covid restrictions are less strict.

Enjoy the pic taken near Jervis Bay!

Chris

IMG_2194.png

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Ernie said:

That is a good looking car!  congratulations!  I hope you get some before and after videos to compare the sounds once you remove the resonator...

Thanks. That’s a good idea - will upload a comparison vid when I get around to doing it

• Thanks 1

Welcome, Chris! Did you buy this from Alex? Look forward to the updates!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Xrsism said:

Nice car Chris...just bought one too. Will be picking it up Friday. There's a Monaco thread in the Megane 3 section of you were interested.

Cheers, and that's awesome you're picking one up soon. I've already had a little stickybeak on the Monaco thread.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/01/2021 at 9:10 PM, Xrsism said:

So this was my timing belt. Glad I changed it out. 10yrs old and original. Had been serviced regularly by Renault dealership. How's yours Chris? Had any replacement cambelts? 

IMG_20210114_165928014_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210114_165946210_HDR.jpg

Wow, good you got them changed out. Mine have been changed around 10,000 k’s ago but I’m planning on taking it to RenoTech to check everything’s sorted soon. Fingers crossed.

• 2 months later...
On 30/12/2020 at 7:12 PM, Ernie said:

That is a good looking car!  congratulations!  I hope you get some before and after videos to compare the sounds once you remove the resonator...

Took the car to Renotech to have the res delete, but it had already been done. Turns out this is as loud as it gets 😆

• Thanks 1