New with My Clio RS Ph1

DLX

Hi, My name is Ariel I'm from NZ ( Auckland) 

Just recently bought a Clio RS Ph1 as a do up Project

Photos as how stands today.

Hope we guys enjoy my journey with this little car.

20200727_145853f.jpg

20200725_103552f.jpg

20200725_164703f.jpg

20200727_145457f.jpg

20200727_145820f.jpg

Cheers

Edited by DLX
improve
  • Like 13

This needs no work at all! Haha. Great buy Ariel and enjoy.

As someone who just purchased one in much worse shape I'm envious, what a beauty :)

Nice to have a kiwi cousin here (half my family out your way).

That is truly a great looking ph1. Well done on your purchase. I can only wish my ph1 will look that good one day.

Can you provide a couple of photos of the engine bay.

Thanks

1 hour ago, STALLED said:

Welcome! 

Weird question - but does it have a #/85 plaque installed anywhere inside or in the engine bay if the car is NZ new? 

the big qn here! did we lose one haha

Thanks for the  welcome, I wish I can say is up to my standards, but just need work to be done to make it look as close to new. The good thing is complete standard and nothing missing.

The car is NZ new, but I hadn't fine any plaque or nothing so I don't think that the ph1 in NZ had been a special edition with number. Maybe I'm wrong, But happy that I found one with less than 200000km

Sorry I only have one picture of the engine.

Probably later on the week I will start a Project threat of the car + a couple pics of my past cars in NZ and Argentina.

Cheers!

20200727_150207.jpg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, lachlan8 said:

the big qn here! did we lose one haha

Thanks for the pics and investigating! 

The reason why is there is a big gap in the PH1 register - it was always believed that these missing cars ended up in NZ. I'd say that is probably the case, but they never received the numbering. 

15 hours ago, DLX said:

Hi, My name is Ariel I'm from NZ ( Auckland) 

14 hours ago, lachlan8 said:
14 hours ago, rye172 said:

Choice as! (sorry, couldn't help myself)

Nice to have a kiwi cousin here (half my family out your way).

C’mon guys this ain’t nzrs it’s ozrs 

Welcome! Odyssey Blue is a great colour. Its definitely not one of the aussie delivered 85 phase 1s, there is no plaque on engine bay slam panel and the door sill trim is standard RS one.

I wonder if the missing gaps can be filled in by identifying the VIN of known phase 1s and seeing if it slots in. The last digits in the VIN are essentially a build number. You'd imagine that the batch of 85 delivered phase 1s were all built at the same time...

4 minutes ago, Dave200 said:

Welcome! Odyssey Blue is a great colour. Its definitely not one of the aussie delivered 85 phase 1s, there is no plaque on engine bay slam panel and the door sill trim is standard RS one.

I wonder if the missing gaps can be filled in by identifying the VIN of known phase 1s and seeing if it slots in. The last digits in the VIN are essentially a build number. You'd imagine that the batch of 85 delivered phase 1s were all built at the same time...

Door sill trim? What's this meant to look like Dave?

I wouldn't believe That the missing Aus clios, and if it is would be really difficult to know. My guess is that some of that had been write off due to not change the cam belt or maybe sitting in a garage in pieces.

Unfortunately I'm not a kiwi, I just move to NZ 6 years ago, I'm from Argentina, So I'm not so good with the Kiwi Slang and to old to learn it.

Yes, they supply the  Clio williams, Clio2 Ph1 and Ph2 172 and some V6. after that it became to expensive  for Renault to import cars to Argentina.  so all Renault are Brazil/ Argentina made or Re badge Dacias.

this was my old Clio in Argentina, was just a 1.6 engine but a fun car.

DSC02959.JPG

• Like 6

1 hour ago, lachlan8 said:

And here I thought woosh meant me! Haha (mine was sold though)

IMG_20190112_103956.jpg

Umm, right, now I get it....

I don't recall the door sill trims being numbered or anything?

Edited by Matt205
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...