Hertz brought me here

woosh

.. well, they did the groundwork in 2016-17 to get me into an RS as a daily this year! Some pics from a few of those memorable adventures in '16/17 are below (pics stolen off e90post). The Renault reminds me a lot of my old 130i's!

Already started tinkering with the new RS265 and loving it! H&R's arrive soon from Tunershop. Really appreciate being a part of an active online community for these cars.. will have to grab a sticker!

- woosh

mt hotham.jpg

gor.jpg

gor 1.JPG

• Like 6

Welcome mate, good to see you on here finally and can't wait to see your journey with the car!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ak275 said:

The 1M would have had a hard time keeping up with you 😂

Congrats on the purchase and welcome!

The 1M actually got the back end a little airborne on one deceptive bump in the road haha. And thanks mate! Your white 275 Trophy = 👌

3 hours ago, rob 240 said:

Congratulations! Welcome 

Race ya for pinks? My 265 vs your TME 😂 thanks also mate!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RSmfl said:

Welcome, I also recently joined, but Hertz also got me here after a few years , and my son into Rs275 Cup Premium... it all started here

DSC_0892.jpeg

Two for one! Renault definitely won there. How do you rate the 300 compared to your sons 275?

I wonder how many of us bought a Megane RS after driving one of the hertz cars.. would be an interesting analysis. Same goes for the current Golf GTI fleet :D

14 hours ago, woosh said:

I wonder how many of us bought a Megane RS after driving one of the hertz cars.. would be an interesting analysis. Same goes for the current Golf GTI fleet :D

Yep - guilty! But I also drove one of the GTIs recently and it made me so pleased to have the Megane. The GTI was so dull and quiet. But it would be a much fairer comparison if it was manual also though.

• Like 3

On 18/05/2020 at 9:37 PM, woosh said:

Two for one! Renault definitely won there. How do you rate the 300 compared to your sons 275?

Too soon to tell really , first impressions , as I've only done about 150kms, I'm taking it easy - the engine feels more torquey below 3,000 rpm (mine's a EDC), so I can't tell you above 3k rpm yet. Being a hatch it's certainly more practical, the seats are comfortable , but the Recaro's in the 275 look better. The ride feels about the same in inner-city Sydney.  Everyone told me to be careful as the new car turns in very easily due to the 4 wheel steering, but after the S3 , I can't tell the difference yet.. The hatch does have a nice solid feel to it, but whether it feels as agile as the RS275, I can't tell you yet.

20 hours ago, aecollins1 said:

Yep - guilty! But I also drove one of the GTIs recently and it made me so pleased to have the Megane. The GTI was so dull and quiet. But it would be a much fairer comparison if it was manual also though.

The dullness and quiet , is why I no longer wanted a VAG product. I had GTI manual, then followed by the S3, both had stage 1 tuning. The S3 was extremely quick, but bugger all driving engagement , on the GTI you can't switch off the ESC totally, so even less driver engagement. 

Edited by RSmfl
  • Like 5

On 19/05/2020 at 12:09 PM, aecollins1 said:

Totally agree! In saying that I wouldn't mind dailying a Mk7.5 GTI or R if I had family duties with teenagers 😬

9 hours ago, RSmfl said:

Too soon to tell really , first impressions , as I've only done about 150kms, I'm taking it easy - the engine feels more torquey below 3,000 rpm (mine's a EDC), so I can't tell you above 3k rpm yet. Being a hatch it's certainly more practical, the seats are comfortable , but the Recaro's in the 275 look better. The ride feels about the same in inner-city Sydney.  Everyone told me to be careful as the new car turns in very easily due to the 4 wheel steering, but after the S3 , I can't tell the difference yet.. The hatch does have a nice solid feel to it, but whether it feels as agile as the RS275, I can't tell you yet.

The dullness and quiet , is why I no longer wanted a VAG product. I had GTI manual, then followed by the S3, both had stage 1 tuning. The S3 was extremely quick, but bugger all driving engagement , on the GTI you can't switch off the ESC totally, so even less driver engagement. 

Thanks for that, would be interested to hear your thoughts after a few thousand km's. I also had a stage 1 VAG (mk6 r) which felt quite agile in the mountains, largely due to a few $k spent on suspension upgrades by the previous owner.

Welcome to ozRS, @woosh great story about Hertz. Maybe someone should run a poll in the Meg 3 section. Would be interesting to see the results.

Stickers can be purchased through the Store tab at the bottom of the main forum banner 👍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Moosey said:

Welcome to ozRS, @woosh great story about Hertz. Maybe someone should run a poll in the Meg 3 section. Would be interesting to see the results.

Stickers can be purchased through the Store tab at the bottom of the main forum banner 👍

Thanks Moosey! I'll get a poll up soon then :)

• Thanks 1

I also hired a Megane RS 265 from Hertz on the Gold Coast (I live on the GC) which helped confirm my need for one. It still took a couple more years to get around to it but it was worth the wait! Only had my 2014 265 Premium Cup for about 2 weeks but loving it as a daily so far and looking forward to the boarders opening up soon so I can get into those b roads in northern NSW as well. Anyone in this forum go for cruises in GC or Brisvegas?

• Like 4

On 25/05/2020 at 7:18 PM, MikeSK said:

I also hired a Megane RS 265 from Hertz on the Gold Coast (I live on the GC) which helped confirm my need for one. It still took a couple more years to get around to it but it was worth the wait! Only had my 2014 265 Premium Cup for about 2 weeks but loving it as a daily so far and looking forward to the boarders opening up soon so I can get into those b roads in northern NSW as well. Anyone in this forum go for cruises in GC or Brisvegas?

Check out the Social Events section. The SEQ guys are pretty active socially.

• Like 2

On 25/05/2020 at 7:18 PM, MikeSK said:

+1, looking forward to open borders. Are you talking city lap cruises on a Friday night? 😅 or mountain runs?

On 01/06/2020 at 7:10 PM, woosh said:

+1, looking forward to open borders. Are you talking city lap cruises on a Friday night? 😅 or mountain runs?

Mountain runs mate. Pretty sure can go into nsw no probs. 

• 1 month later...