Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
woosh

Hertz brought me here

Recommended Posts

.. well, they did the groundwork in 2016-17 to get me into an RS as a daily this year! Some pics from a few of those memorable adventures in '16/17 are below (pics stolen off e90post). The Renault reminds me a lot of my old 130i's!

Already started tinkering with the new RS265 and loving it! H&R's arrive soon from Tunershop. Really appreciate being a part of an active online community for these cars.. will have to grab a sticker!

- woosh

mt hotham.jpg

gor.jpg

gor 1.JPG

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome mate, good to see you on here finally and can't wait to see your journey with the car!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, walkie86 said:

Welcome mate, good to see you on here finally and can't wait to see your journey with the car!

Thanks mate! Likewise 👀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 1M would have had a hard time keeping up with you 😂

Congrats on the purchase and welcome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations! Welcome 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 hours ago, ak275 said:

The 1M would have had a hard time keeping up with you 😂

Congrats on the purchase and welcome!

The 1M actually got the back end a little airborne on one deceptive bump in the road haha. And thanks mate! Your white 275 Trophy = 👌

3 hours ago, rob 240 said:

Congratulations! Welcome 

 

Race ya for pinks? My 265 vs your TME 😂 thanks also mate!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome, I also recently joined, but Hertz also got me here after a few years , and my son into Rs275 Cup Premium... it all started here

 

DSC_0892.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, RSmfl said:

Welcome, I also recently joined, but Hertz also got me here after a few years , and my son into Rs275 Cup Premium... it all started here

 

DSC_0892.jpeg

Two for one! Renault definitely won there. How do you rate the 300 compared to your sons 275?

I wonder how many of us bought a Megane RS after driving one of the hertz cars.. would be an interesting analysis. Same goes for the current Golf GTI fleet :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, woosh said:

I wonder how many of us bought a Megane RS after driving one of the hertz cars.. would be an interesting analysis. Same goes for the current Golf GTI fleet :D

Yep - guilty! But I also drove one of the GTIs recently and it made me so pleased to have the Megane. The GTI was so dull and quiet. But it would be a much fairer comparison if it was manual also though.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/05/2020 at 9:37 PM, woosh said:

Two for one! Renault definitely won there. How do you rate the 300 compared to your sons 275?

I wonder how many of us bought a Megane RS after driving one of the hertz cars.. would be an interesting analysis. Same goes for the current Golf GTI fleet :D

Too soon to tell really , first impressions , as I've only done about 150kms, I'm taking it easy - the engine feels more torquey below 3,000 rpm (mine's a EDC), so I can't tell you above 3k rpm yet. Being a hatch it's certainly more practical, the seats are comfortable , but the Recaro's in the 275 look better. The ride feels about the same in inner-city Sydney.  Everyone told me to be careful as the new car turns in very easily due to the 4 wheel steering, but after the S3 , I can't tell the difference yet.. The hatch does have a nice solid feel to it, but whether it feels as agile as the RS275, I can't tell you yet.

 

20 hours ago, aecollins1 said:

Yep - guilty! But I also drove one of the GTIs recently and it made me so pleased to have the Megane. The GTI was so dull and quiet. But it would be a much fairer comparison if it was manual also though.

The dullness and quiet , is why I no longer wanted a VAG product. I had GTI manual, then followed by the S3, both had stage 1 tuning. The S3 was extremely quick, but bugger all driving engagement , on the GTI you can't switch off the ESC totally, so even less driver engagement. 

Edited by RSmfl
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/05/2020 at 12:09 PM, aecollins1 said:

Yep - guilty! But I also drove one of the GTIs recently and it made me so pleased to have the Megane. The GTI was so dull and quiet. But it would be a much fairer comparison if it was manual also though.

Totally agree! In saying that I wouldn't mind dailying a Mk7.5 GTI or R if I had family duties with teenagers 😬

 

9 hours ago, RSmfl said:

Too soon to tell really , first impressions , as I've only done about 150kms, I'm taking it easy - the engine feels more torquey below 3,000 rpm (mine's a EDC), so I can't tell you above 3k rpm yet. Being a hatch it's certainly more practical, the seats are comfortable , but the Recaro's in the 275 look better. The ride feels about the same in inner-city Sydney.  Everyone told me to be careful as the new car turns in very easily due to the 4 wheel steering, but after the S3 , I can't tell the difference yet.. The hatch does have a nice solid feel to it, but whether it feels as agile as the RS275, I can't tell you yet.

 

The dullness and quiet , is why I no longer wanted a VAG product. I had GTI manual, then followed by the S3, both had stage 1 tuning. The S3 was extremely quick, but bugger all driving engagement , on the GTI you can't switch off the ESC totally, so even less driver engagement. 

Thanks for that, would be interested to hear your thoughts after a few thousand km's. I also had a stage 1 VAG (mk6 r) which felt quite agile in the mountains, largely due to a few $k spent on suspension upgrades by the previous owner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to ozRS, @woosh great story about Hertz. Maybe someone should run a poll in the Meg 3 section. Would be interesting to see the results.

Stickers can be purchased through the Store tab at the bottom of the main forum banner 👍

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moosey said:

Welcome to ozRS, @woosh great story about Hertz. Maybe someone should run a poll in the Meg 3 section. Would be interesting to see the results.

Stickers can be purchased through the Store tab at the bottom of the main forum banner 👍

Thanks Moosey! I'll get a poll up soon then :)

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also hired a Megane RS 265 from Hertz on the Gold Coast (I live on the GC) which helped confirm my need for one. It still took a couple more years to get around to it but it was worth the wait! Only had my 2014 265 Premium Cup for about 2 weeks but loving it as a daily so far and looking forward to the boarders opening up soon so I can get into those b roads in northern NSW as well. Anyone in this forum go for cruises in GC or Brisvegas?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...