So I bought a 265rs

NorthernNSWrs265

Very nice - from Brisbane? I was eyeing that one off... it's a 265 8:08 special edition!

4 minutes ago, DerrickC said:

Wheels and decals point to 8:08, there should be a plaque near the cup holder with the number.

It's an 8:08 - IIRC LY was only available on the pre-facelift in 8:08 form... if this is indeed the Brisbane car that was for sale on facebook, it's missing it's numbered plaque.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ashman said:

I checked out that car but unfortunately it was previously owned by a smoker which was a deal breaker for me.

But... But... You're ashman! Hahaha

Seriously though, if that happens in the future, I've heard ozone generators are quite effective at removing smoke smell. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, benzino said:

But... But... You're ashman! Hahaha

Seriously though, if that happens in the future, I've heard ozone generators are quite effective at removing smoke smell. 

:) The irony.

I've tried an Ozone generator on a previous car and it didn't completely get rid of the smell and ended up making the car stink like Ozone (bleach smell) for a few months.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, ashman said:

:) The irony.

I've tried an Ozone generator on a previous car and it didn't completely get rid of the smell and ended up making the car stink like Ozone (bleach smell) for a few months.

Good to know, I had only ever heard it mentioned off hand without the negatives mentioned 

6 hours ago, Gambit said:

I unfortunately have first hand experience using one and works a treat ! To me it's more a neutral clean soap smell with no fragrance. When you open the windows and let it air out the smell complete disappears. 

That's great as it's booked in for a full detail and ozone treatment. I think the air con needs regassing also but apart from that it's golden ;) ( like it's golden either way though lol )

• Like 2

On 08/05/2020 at 11:37 AM, ashman said:

I've tried an Ozone generator on a car 

Isnt that what Peter Brock did to piss Holden off ?  

😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 6 months later...

Turned out it wasn't a smokers car... The reason there was a weird smell in the car was the fuel sender unit plastic nut was cross threaded, ruining the tank and the nut... Every time id fill all the way up the fuel would pour out the top! 

Replaced the tank, sender unit and obviously new nut and O-ring. No more smell lol.

On 16/11/2020 at 12:17 PM, NorthernNSWrs265 said:

Turned out it wasn't a smokers car... The reason there was a weird smell in the car was the fuel sender unit plastic nut was cross threaded, ruining the tank and the nut... Every time id fill all the way up the fuel would pour out the top! 

Replaced the tank, sender unit and obviously new nut and O-ring. No more smell lol.

Sounds like a cheap fix... well done. Truly one of the best model Megs in definitely the best colour for them!