clio rs200 sport mk4

alex91

Hey guys new to  the forum so apologies if this has been covered.

I am looking at purchasing a rs200 sport mk4 and would like to do some track days in it as well as a daily driver. Is it a capable track car to have fun In.

much appreciated 

Alex 

@alex91 its got a turbo in it , the level of fun factor increases the more boost you use and the bigger balls you have.

If the akrapovic exhaust with the pops and burbles don't get you to buy it , then nothing will as you can't determine the cars potential just by taking it for a quick drive around the block from the dealership.

Yep, it was a great little track car.
Light, nimble and boost on tap.
The gearbox is easy to work and brakes are great.

It was a thirsty little tike though as I could easily chew a tank in half a day at Wakefield whereas my Meg lopes around the whole day with half a tank, if that.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, Deet said:

just get one

+1...came out mid 2014 on. Later models are better but they are all good.  They ride a little softer than the Cup model but are fine for both track and road use.

Whatever your budget allows...you won't  regret  it. 😁

Just check the normal things when buying used and definately test drive.

Edited by chris043
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, NTRDR said:

@alex91 its got a turbo in it , the level of fun factor increases the more boost you use and the bigger balls you have.

If the akrapovic exhaust with the pops and burbles don't get you to buy it , then nothing will as you can't determine the cars potential just by taking it for a quick drive around the block from the dealership.

Disagree.. have just bought a facelift cup after taking it up the road from a dealer 😁 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jezz said:

Disagree.. have just bought a facelift cup after taking it up the road from a dealer 😁 

lol obviously jezz , if it were a manual then you would be next in line to grab a Clio IV as would i

but for Alex he already settled on it knowing it was an auto so ha!

also with turbo's you can add other interesting mods to make it sound even better (wastegate / bov etc) that you can't do on a NA car

cars are heavily for the sound not just for the feel , and if you don't agree with me then go buy yourself an electric car and hop off the forums :P@Jezz

Edited by NTRDR

@NTRDR nope I’m changing from the 182 to a Clio IV.. blastphemy, but I bought it due to being an ‘auto’ and having 2 extra doors but still a very capable hot hatch.

Can’t argue on the sound point, I will miss the induction sound from the 182 💦 I would keep it if I had space, for that sole reason.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, chuckovski said:
On 29/07/2019 at 3:30 AM, alex91 said:
I don't think the rs200 sport comes out with the akro exhaust and was after an opinion on those who have tracked the rs200 sport mk4 and what they think of it 

The facelift trophy I think comes with an akra. The RS16 (I think it's called) also does.

That was an option and not all will have one. You presumably mean the R.S. 18 special edition.

5 hours ago, Marsch said:

That was an option and not all will have one. You presumably mean the R.S. 18 special edition.

Yep, the RS18 is what he would have meant.  The RS16 was the teaser Unicorn, Clio with the f4RT running gear... Magically appeared for a little while and then we were told we couldn't have one...

To the OP, if the intended use is a daily driver with occasional track days, the Clio IV is a great compromise.  Some on here have modded them significantly and reports are good as to handling all that.

Yes, all black and standard akra AFAIK. There was one for sale about 6 months ago for $28K. Didn't last long! And I've only seen one briefly in the flesh. Looked good.

Of course the RS18 would have been far far better
  • Sad 1

I can officially say I have joined the family just purchased a 2015 rs200 sport with 23000km. looking  forward to picking it up. Once again much appreciated for all the feedback.

are there any owner meets comming up in Melbourne this year?

• Like 6

I can officially say I have joined the family just purchased a 2015 rs200 sport with 23000km. looking  forward to picking it up. Once again much appreciated for all the feedback.

are there any owner meets comming up in Melbourne this year?
Congrats!
Photos as soon as you get it! That's low km for a 2015, nice find