Back in the family

Deb

I'm now the proud owner of RS Clio 200 Angel & Demon number 401 in grey :hyper:

I've owned a 200 before (Gordini) but I am really loving the leather Recaros this time around, they are like the best hug I've ever had. Unfortunately I can't seem to find a way to climb out of them with my dignity in tact, but it's a small price to pay. The ride seems a bit stiffer than I remember, but it is on larger wheels than the Gordini, and I've also been boating around in a 2003 Astra for the last month, so I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Even though I knew what I was getting, I'd somehow managed to convince myself that the stereo "can't be that bad". It really is terrible, so I'll look at making a minor upgrade in the near future. And I suppose an Akrapovic exhaust should probably go on the shopping list too.

When I first went to look at the car I was impressed that the wheels were perfect, no gutter rash at all. Unfortunately when I arrived to pick it up today, there was a very fresh and decent sized nick in one. The dealer has agreed to have it repaired for me, so I'll have to take it back in for that. Also noticed the front tyres have been replaced with Kumho Ecsta SPTs, can anyone comment on the quality of these?

For those who will complain that this thread is useless without pics, I'm a rubbish photographer, but here's a quick phone pic.

Looking forward to spending some more time with the Sydney crew in the near future :D

Congrats on your purchase. Love the matte grey A&D and best optioned/standard 200 imo with the leather.

With the Recaros I always push the seats all the way back in the 265 before getting out. Provides a lot of extra room to exit. Just lift the leg over the bloster and use the hole in the seat back to help me out if needed.

Congrats Deb - looking forward to seeing it at the next drive day.

Are the tyres KU31s? Not too bad if so.

Hi Deb,good to see you back in a Renaultsport

I have KU31s on my 172.Unfotunately for me,they

are the noisiest tyres iv'e had.

Hopefully they are better on your new ride.

Graham

Congrats Deb - looking forward to seeing it at the next drive day.

Are the tyres KU31s? Not too bad if so.

Hi Deb,good to see you back in a Renaultsport

I have KU31s on my 172.Unfotunately for me,they

are the noisiest tyres iv'e had.

Hopefully they are better on your new ride.

Graham

I concur, excessively noisy on two other cars I've owned. Shame cause they have excellent grip for the money.

Good choice DEB and congrats.

The tyres will be fine for road use and from my KUMHO experience on the Mini, they work very well for the first 20 or 30 thous and start to harden up as the tread wears down. They look like they will go forever but the lack of grip necessitates a replacement set when you start to feel the traction control kicking in more often. :)

Hey Deb, pending any exhaust upgrade, simply remove the parcel shelf for a sound revolution. :wink:

For speaker upgrade, you can do all four for less than $200 to 2 way JBLs. Excellent value for money and fairly easy to do. See the ICE topics.

Thanks, I'm definitely just looking for a simple stereo upgrade so I'll check the ICE section.

Important question - where is the best place to put the OzRS sticker? I've still got the elf sticker on the back window and the wiper blade goes on the other side.