New 265 RS

H.A22

Hi guys

Test drove one other day and put an order.. Should expect within a few weeks and will have pictures to follow! Was leaning toward an sti, but a 10 min test drive changed my mind. The smoothness and power just cannot be matched. I will be a critic and say the megane has a challenger being the OPC, but thats about it. The meganes a great car and my annoying, long, yet exciting wait begins...

Welcome mate!

Great choice on the 265 8) what colour did you go for?

RED :) after two previous cars being white and grey, i thought it was time for a change. If i had it my way i would of jumped on the stunning luquid yellow in the 8:08, but unfortunantly thats not possible.

Congratulations, you will have a smile on your face every time you get behind the wheel. Your in good hands, I'm sure Murphy and the team there will look after you!

Red is lush and quite rare looking at members around here.
had a couple of serious STI's in my past

:shock:

sheesh, might wanna be careful how you phrase things fellas - people might get the wrong impression!

:rofl:

oh, and welcome to the OP :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

I pick up my RS265 Cup this afternoon. Have also gone with a red one. My classic WRX will go into a Carcoon in the shed.

I have been interested in a little Renault since a hire Clio in the mid 90's. Have finally driven the Renaultsport I want (to me the rest were too small or too slow or too weird looking) and it is the only recent car that has really talked to me.

I pick up my RS265 Cup this afternoon. Have also gone with a red one. My classic WRX will go into a Carcoon in the shed.

I have been interested in a little Renault since a hire Clio in the mid 90's. Have finally driven the Renaultsport I want (to me the rest were too small or too slow or too weird looking) and it is the only recent car that has really talked to me.

Classic WRX ???...sorry but there's no such thing.

22B is collectable, STI Coupe is semi collectable, other WRX's are as common as muck, cheap as chips, & far from a classic.

That aside, glad you managed to find an RS that wasn't "too slow" or "too weird" :shock:.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up the 265 yesturday, already 300 km on the odo :) absolutely love the thing and the handling is stunning! The freezing weather at night really makes a difference in power to daytime running i noticed.. How do you guys go about opening the engine with relation to driving style? Take it Easy or drive like you stole it lol? Hard to do the first part

How do you guys go about opening the engine with relation to driving style? Take it Easy or drive like you stole it lol? Hard to do the first part

If you mean, running in the engine, have a read of this (link below). If on the other hand, you mean, day to day, opening up... I warm up the motor first (not idling) by driving gently until engine oil warms up and start opening up a bit. Several people here said that even after the engine temp on dash indicate half way, the oil is still not warm enough so might be worth keeping that in mind, but once, I have driven 10 min, I don't mind redlining it and enjoy it... if situation permits.

viewtopic.php?t=18627

Thanks for the advice, in terms of warming up i let the engine idle for couple minutes then drive it low revs, avoiding the turbo boost as much as possible to let coolant get flowing, and oil warm up engine a little.. 2 days down and 400 km driven, mostly mixed driving conditions with some good ammount of accelerations, downshifts, braking to run everything in.. Did a 2 am run home sat night, temp display was 1 degree celcius.. Lets say she was fierrrry :) really hear the blowoff from the trubo whistle too

Thanx :) thinking about lowering it but not sure about how it will affect the balance of the car and all?, given how spectacular it already is :)!!

Quite a few guys on here have fitted Eibachs to the 250/265 with good results.

Quick debadge & black diamond photoshop job (just for interests sake, not for everyone)...

post-13178-142138564557_thumb.jpg

^that would be because of your newbieness, sorry! Only another 31 posts away, or until bremund can elevate your rank - whichever comes first.

Car looks great! Congrats :)

If it wasn't for the Liquid Yellow 8:08, I reckon we'd have gone for a red one too. I love how the red lenses disappear at the rear.