Private Messages

I seem to have a problem with sending PM's,

Each message i send goes into outbox instead of sent messages.

Dont know if its being sent or not?

Admins any idea's?

Ohh and my inbox isnt full or anything

Thanks

I've noticed the same thing. I thought they sat in your "outbox" until they were read by the recipient?

Yep!

The sit in your outbox until the recipient is online and hence it has been ''sent''

I've noticed the same thing. I thought they sat in your "outbox" until they were read by the recipient?

Yep!

The sit in your outbox until the recipient is online and hence it has been ''sent''

Ahh cool!

So i presume this is normal then !!

Thanks fellas! :oops::oops:

• 2 years later...

if I've sent a PM and it says it was sent, but 2 days later it is still sitting in the OUTBOX and doesn't appear in the SENT MESSAGES folder, has it gone??? And why is it still sitting in my OUTBOX?

Vukie if you're reading this, I did reply to your last PM.........did you get it?

Normally no. I'm not aware of any forum system that makes it easy for admins or mods to read PMs, but if the admins really wanted to go digging through the databse itself, or siphon off emails (if the email notice includes the message content) it certainly can be done.

Luckily most forum users are so boring no one would go through the effort. That said, your world domination plans are best discussed elsewhere.

I for one wouldn't know how to dig that deep :P But no need to worry cos there's no standard access for us to view PMs other than our own.

Even if it was possible, I have enough trouble keeping up to date with regular posts leave alone 500+ active members' PMs LOL

Admins have access to the database, so therefore could. But the way the database is kept the private message is stored in a database linked to a users' number rather than a name. So you'd have to find the user's number then search the database. IMHO it's all too much effort, especially since I'm having trouble keeping up with the public messages.

• 9 months later...

Hey,

Im having trouble PM'ing people, i can compose, but when i click submit, it goes to the outbox and stays there.

Wondering if anyone else is having this problem?

Correct. Think of outbox as 'Unread sent messages"

A smart admin could rename the outbox....

Ah, but if we renamed it "Unsent" or "Outgoing" we'd still get the same questions as to why they haven't been successfully sent! :lol:

:news:

Maybe we can just rename the display to something a little less confusing...

"Not lost" ?

"Awaiting other members to view" ?

"Received, waiting to be read" ?

"Is something meant to be happening with these, I've forgotten" ? :lol:

AHHH ok thanks it makes sense, cause i sent a pm to dish before i posted this, and i guess he read it and it left my outbox!! thank you for clarification!! :D so im just waiting speedy to check his inbox lol!!

thanks guys appreciate and i have to say griffin u got some GREAT ideas there!!

• 2 weeks later...

A nice and concise heading is required. I like:

"Private messaging system outbox for messages that have been written and then sent but are still awaiting the delivery recipient to read the message"

Cheers,

Trent

"Private messaging system outbox for messages that have been written and then sent but are still awaiting the delivery recipient to read the message"

Cheers,

Trent

Brilliant!!

Cheers,

Trent

Yes... that pretty much sums it up eh? :rofl:

Nice suggestion!

Although, to be pedantic, 'delivery' might be reduntant in that instance. :news:

• 2 years later...

I would say half the time I try and send a new private message to a member it just sits in the outbox but doesn't actually send.

After about 2 days it sends itself, longest I've seen a message sit there is 4 days.

Sometimes I sent a PM and it sends instantly.

Is this the same for everyone ?