OzRS Downtime

Bremund

So OzRenaultSport has grown too large for the server we're on at the moment. So it looks like we're going to need to move.

Unfortunately this means we're likely going to have to turn the forums off for a bit, most probably on the weekend.

I'm doing backups and making sure we're all ready to go and we won't loose the forum.

If you find the forum offline then check Facebook or Twitter. I'll update them when stuffs going down.

http://www.facebook.com/OzRenaultSport

http://www.twitter.com/OzRenaultSport

To answer a few questions

Out of curiosity, how 'big' is the forum now? Not sure how the define the measurement...

We have 1000 megabytes of space on the current server. We are currently at 1170 megabytes. The database is 850 megabytes, of that 375 megabytes are the posts.

Also on average 1 gigabyte of data is downloaded from the forum by 400 individual people everyday who are

95.04% from Australia

1.03% from New Zealand

0.98% from United States (probably bots, etc)

0.76% from United Kingdom

0.06% from France

2.13% from Other

Awesome, I have faith but lets not have an 'aussiefrogs' style incident, too much good stuff on here! :)

Don't worry I'm pretty good with backups. I've made a copy from Thursday and that's running on my server at home (just to make sure that the restore works), I'll take another backup before then.

Yeah... I think a weekend without ozrs would probably mean I get stuff done!

Might not be the whole weekend.

We have 1000 megabytes of space on the current server. We are currently at 1170 megabytes. The database is 850 megabytes, of that 375 megabytes are the posts..

Interesting. So the posts as such only consume a relatively small percentage of the overall database size (Not surprising).

But what is taking up the rest of the space ?

Also, after reading the thread heading, I was revealed at the reason for the "Downtime". I must admit I was thinking "Backlash" of some kind..... :?

Looks like the server is in Australia?

Site is a hell of a lot faster now. Jumba/AussieHQ/Ubergeek by any chance?

Yep! Feels awfully snappy now! :)

That was a fast transfer, nothing lost as well. Very impressed. Can't say the same about other forums I've been on!!!

I know what I'm doing :D I spent a few days before hand doing practice runs to make sure that it all went smooth.

It's on AussieHQ, I've been a customer since before the beginning.

Woop! I had a productive weekend without OZRS 8)

Thanks to Bremund and the admin team :mrgreen:

Was on WRC NZ all weekend so didn't notice it until last night.. Tapatalk is working so all good!

Well done team!

It's on AussieHQ, I've been a customer since before the beginning.

Nice. I've been a Jumba customer for a number of years now with a reseller plan. Can't really fault them for the price. Too much of a hassle to move anyway! :)