Finally a Renault Owner!!! **Pics added**

onurbmil

Ok, so firstly, this is a new thread from my older one (viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21294). Thought I might share my excitement (like a little boy :hyper: ) by posting up a new one :)

It's a 2010 RS250 Cup Trophee with Xenons, Leather & front parkers.

And my previous car: 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer VR Sportback with VRX bodykit/wheels, Sat-Nav, Reversing, and other random things.

The story goes (long winded version):

I was still deciding on what car to buy late last year and only decided on a RS250 in Jan this year. Reason was I was initially eyeing an Infiniti/Nissan G37 Coupe Type SP (Going rate of $45k+) but a friend bet me too it. It's a very nice touring car, understated and RARE which is what I like, but again, I couldn't bear to drive the same car as a friend (for it would always be known as his car). I set my eyes on searching for a Monaco GP (used).

The only problem was my other half. She did not like the RS250 at all (she drives past a Renault dealer @Glen Waverly every morning). Took some convincing but I was given the green light to buy whatever I liked :headbang: A friend went to a dealer to check out the RS250, so that prompted me to go for a test drive a few days later. I was HOOKED.

I wasn't planning on getting the car till I moved interstate in Sept. There was a Monaco GP for sale - which I didn't end up buying but it did spark the actual desire to get one. So the search more or less started. I was mainly looking at used (which were going for quite high prices) as I didn't see the point in buying new until I moved interstate.

I found this one here as mentioned in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=22186. I contacted the dealer on the car but wasn't keen on the colour (Silver). I was looking for Grey. The dealer was quite pushy, but I had a friend in WA to look at the in person, and also at the white one in Glen Waverly (which is still for sale..). Saw a Silver one in the GoldCoast and was convinced it was the BEST colour (after looking at Danny's too). The later 2 couldn't do a price I wanted but the Perth dealer did so I signed a contract (after stealing an additional $100).

3 weeks later after paperwork and shipping.. the car arrived today! Could not be happier! :drool: The only sad thing was the delivery person tried to drive up the driveway (extremely steep) and they did a massive scratch under the front bumper. NOT HAPPY JAN! Why they tried I had no idea...

The short story:

I test drove.

I found one.

I bought :)

Mod list:

1) LED parkers and number plate lights

2) DRL over-ride kit (Ordered!!)

3) Tint front windows

4) Gloss black vinyl roof (unsure - someone with a Mercy + sunroof let me know!!!)

5) Reversing camera with the auto dip mirror <-- anyone know anything about this part? Might wait till the RS265 is out..

I am into photography (noob version) so I will post up some pics once I get some good locations/lighting. I saw the car at 8pm tonight so not really a great time to take a pic.

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Edit: Some quick piccys after a wash :)

_MG_2288.jpg

_MG_2289.jpg

_MG_2293.jpg

_MG_2294.jpg

_MG_2295.jpg

Dude, you've been around long enough and talking like an expert, I thought you'd had one for ages! You've obviously done your research, and I've learned a few things from you! YOU'RE GONNA LOVE THIS CAR!!!

Can't wait to see your reports on how it goes :)

ps. Is the scratch on paint or just the plastic bump-strip beneath? If the latter, don't stress - that's what it's there for.

If the former, go the transport company for a repaint/replace.

Cheers,

bozz

Hahaha! No.. sadly... its taken 6months for me to get one. Quite hesitant from the start. Now I can't sleep...

It's the former Bozz :( That's why I'm unhappy. When the dealer sent it to me they did some touching up on the car as part of the deal. Told them today about it... and they weren't happy as well.

Yes.. and Bozz are you the black RS250 around Toowong? I'm around on weekends - I might bump into you one day :wink:

Another silver one!! :D congrats man.

Danny

The only sad thing was the delivery person tried to drive up the driveway (extremely steep) and they did a massive scratch under the front bumper. NOT HAPPY JAN! Why they tried I had no idea...

Because they're awesome and everyone wants a drive!

Silver 250's look great, my favourite 250 colour. Enjoy!

Any inclination to paint the bumpers gloss black to match the roof?

Yes.. and Bozz are you the black RS250 around Toowong? I'm around on weekends - I might bump into you one day :wink:

No mate, I'm on Tamborine not Toowong, but that won't stop us bumping into each other - just gotta have a drive day soon! I'll get my new front boots on next week so I'm up for a run! I hear Nebo is OK in the afternoons since all the bike riders have gone for lattes by then :wink:

Thanks all for your replies - The RS250... simply amazes me. Spend a whole day in it today. It corners so well it still feels like theres so much room for error really. Don't know if body roll is in the vocab of Renault Techs...

Any inclination to paint the bumpers gloss black to match the roof?

Hmmm, still unsure about the roof. But no, I think I like the bumpers in a darker silver. Seen some pictures of black ones on Silver - doesn't do it for me (And looks too much like a MAzda 3).

whats the go with the reversing camera? did you find out more about it?

I haven't really looked into it yet... but I will report back when I do. The problem is that there is limited rear visibility. Sensors are good but short poles sometimes they don't pick up (or kids).

Mount Nebo

- Sam

I agree :)

No mate, I'm on Tamborine not Toowong, but that won't stop us bumping into each other - just gotta have a drive day soon! I'll get my new front boots on next week so I'm up for a run! I hear Nebo is OK in the afternoons since all the bike riders have gone for lattes by then :wink:

Nebo is great. I've done it in my regular car and it was scary.

Ah Bozz, I need to get my hands on this DRL kit, anyone here in Brisbane want to wait till I get one so we all can do an install day (And maybe some Maccas :P)

I replaced the rear plate lights with SMDs today, broke a bit of the plastic but meh.

Those parkers are nearly impossible to remove!!! Has anyone done this yet??? Think I'll need to unlock the headlights - do I just undo the two nuts on top??

well done on the purchase mate I'm sure after months of waiting and talking amongst the forums it would have come as a big relief. Enjoy her, every time you can :headbang:

As for the headlights. Are you referring to the two nuts at the top of the headlights as soon as you open the bonnet? Those nuts (+ a metal collet infront of the top nut) all come out only to free up the headlight as a whole. I saw a picture the other day but there are 3 parts to the inner side of the headlight that all unlock to reveal the bulbs. If memory serves me correct there's a section in the manual that details how to change the bulbs and what type of bulbs that are reccommendedd. (the manual is very useful... you'd do yourself a favour by giving it a good once over :wink: )

Congrats again mate

Hehe yup. I wasn't keen on silver at all.. aa you know who buys silver performance cars?? Especially if u want to stand out. But once I saw one in the flesh, after seeing a white, I was sold. Thought I'd always go Luna grey but the dark colour hides the beautiful curves of the car.. silver looks nicer in the sun in my eyes :)

The Black 250 around Toowong belongs to FuRyZ on here. I'm in St. Lucia with a Black 182 if you're ever near the Uni, and there's also another Red 250 that hangs around Hawken Village.

COngrats on your Car Mate,

I've only picked my RS250 Cup last wednesday @ Mt Gravatt, I'm also new here.

If you ever want to go to Nebo please send me a PM or let me know i would love to catch up with other RS owners and maybe get some advice/common Mods to talk about?

Mine is a Glacier White 2012 RS 250 not the trophee though, Although i wasn't a fanbe of the silver/grey Yours sure does look great!! Congratualtions again...good to see there others that have the same love of this amazing car! :) :) :)

Ah, I'm not sure if Roy is still there at Mt. Gravatt. I spoke to him in April when I started test driving. Yes we should meet! I'm trying to organise a DRL kit to be done. Are you interested? If so I can tell the guy who makes it to add another order (not sure if PBJ is still interested). It's about £100 + postage (which should be £28/number of people). So far there are 2 confirmed in Brisbane including myself.

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=22012

The Black 250 around Toowong belongs to FuRyZ on here. I'm in St. Lucia with a Black 182 if you're ever near the Uni, and there's also another Red 250 that hangs around Hawken Village.

Ah yes!, I do live in the area so we might bump into each other one day! I don't eat much at Hawken Village anymore though, though I did when I was studying haha. I have to say Edamame's quality of Jap food is not good anymore :( (had some a few months ago).

Ah, I've decided against the black roof vinyl until someone here gets a sunroof in Mercury and posts a pic.

Organised to get some tinting done. I'm been using this guy for a while - Peter from the Art of Tinting (in QLD). Quoted $220 for legal 3M lifetime tint on the front and clear UV on the rears. :) :)

Ah, just replaced the parkers - my original ones I had on my previous car - seems like one of them was not working so I had to use my backup ones which are slightly bluer- no matter.

SUCH A PAIN to remove those headlights...

• 2 weeks later...