Sydney Hot Hatch enthusiast doing the research

A.D

Hello everyone,

My name is Adam, and I'm from Sydney.

I am a big Hot Hatch fan, and I am currently doing the research on a select bunch at the moment; one of them being the RS 200 Clio.

All of my knowledge relates to cars from Japan however, so I thought I would jump on here and hopefully you all can enlighten me with some info!

Kind regards,

Adam.

Welcome Adam!

What kind of info are you after, exactly? The 200 is the best "out of the box" hot hatch you can buy.

Hope you make the right choice 8)

Welcome. Would love to know what you're shopping against too.

+1. But please don't say Civic Type R :mrgreen:

welcome AD .

RS clio = ''no mods'' , as it perfect out of the box . as a rice car fan you are probably used to ''modding'' and thats not needed with RS products .

my Evo is modded out of recognition . with my R26 , its stock and i've saved a lot of money ! :nod:

Where's that clip of the Alien Clio racing the Focus RS?

That says it all really.

Ae4RqTW5UDU

Best colour BTW :wink:

Wrong!

I am halfway thru a lap of Tassie and can honestly say these cars rock!. Even managed to make myself a little car-sick today!

Howdy Adam,

That test-video is a great place to start. To be honest, we're going to be a little biased here, but then what forum isn't.

What is it that appeals to you the most in a Car/Hot hatch?

Cheers,

WOLF

And there are opportunities to drive like that on public roads imo. Don't like the cutting white lines though.

Looks like Millbrook to me, private test facility, a hoot by the looks.

Back to the topic at hand. So I've driven just about everything there is, from Nissan Tiida's and Kia Magentis's through Lambo Murcielago's and Aston Martins. I also test and consult on race car setup and driver performance. I drive a Clio 172.....

Thank you for the warm welcome guys! :)

I will post up a thread shortly with the other hot hatches that are in contention. Where would be the best place to post?

I have just watched that video and a few others from EVO UK and Fifth Gear. Woah, very impressive!

Wolf - Yes, there is always a risk posting comparisons on specific make/model forums, but I hope you guys can give me an objective perspective on all the pro's and con's of the RS 200. Also, if you have any experience with the others I post up, then hopefully you can chip in about them too. :)

walkie - umm... maybe. Is there an inside joke here? haha

rob 240 - Yes, you are right with the Japanese cars. Modifying is just a way of life. The Japanese just want to improve and make cars better that the factory intended; its in their nature. I'm a bit unsure about the RS 250. I have read great reviews, but am not sold on the exterior aesthetics.

Adam.

Thank you for the warm welcome guys! :)

I will post up a thread shortly with the other hot hatches that are in contention. Where would be the best place to post?

Wolf - Yes, there is always a risk posting comparisons on specific make/model forums, but I hope you guys can give me an objective perspective on all the pro's and con's of the RS 200.

Adam.

I would say post a 'Clio RS200 vs X vs Y' thread in the 'Clio III' section. Or threads about specific cars in the 'Non-RenaultSport' forum.

One of the things I like about this forum (particularly as a lapsed RS owner) is that most on here have a healthy interest in all kinds of makes, and many of us have owned a variety of different cars.

And anyway, a bit of banter is no bad thing.

• 2 weeks later...