i have finally seen the light. New R27 owner

buddy

Good afternoon RS family.

My name is Stewart and i am the proud owner of a 09 Clio 197 F1 Team R27. I have actually keen on this forum for a while now as a number of good mates are on here.

Walkie86 and myself flew down to Melb to pick it up on saturday night. THank you Dish and Jen for the hospitality. :wink:

Alex and i had a great drive back to syd. Giving it a good run though the hills and then a long stretch on the freeway. I took it through one of my favourite local road here in syd last night and it was amazing.

As some of you may know this is my first fwd car and having previously owned VLs, ae86 and a heavily modified 180sx. The clio may not have the straight line pace but in the corners it feels as quick as my 180 but it seems to feel safer and more planted.

First drive on way to Dish's place after picking it up.

540359677112889d8cdab.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Welcome to the family

54041863824cea58c9c4b.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I will put up some more in members rides thread now.

Great to meet all of you on thurs night for Pizza.

Cheers

Stewart

Looks like a fun trip, with great forum hospitality. :nod:

I'm sure with Alex in your ear, it would have been hard not to be in a RS. He's a a good ambassador for Renault, (must be on the take).

Good to hear it is as much or more fun than a 180, and quicker I guess, and better made, and....and....

Good to hear it is as much or more fun than a 180, and quicker I guess, and better made, and....and....

Ahha nohere near as quick as the 180.. A different kind of quick. Still own the 180 so it's ok.

Yes that was my panda ae86 a couple of years ago!! Good memory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you joined the fold Stew! But realistically you didn't stand a chance after 6+ beers plus Cooper, Teki, Chris-172, Huw, Moosey and myself in your ear 8)

Was a fun drive back and good to make a comparison to the 182 - she is definitely better in the steering and gearbox but not as torquey down low. Does sound mean though!

How good were the previous owners? Legends!

Enjoy the car and enjoy not being pulled over every 10 seconds in a low, loud rice-burner :wink:

stew ... great to see you join the RS family . its a lot easier to avoid the filth :evil: in a sensible car that they dont realize is so sophisticated and so kwik 8) .

just dont put a canon on it and you'll be fine :P:D

Walkie86 and myself flew down to Melb to pick it up on saturday night. THank you Dish and Jen for the hospitality. :wink:

Welcome to the family

You're most welcome mate. A friend of Alex's is a friend of ours as far as I'm concerned :D and we gladly returned the hospitality that Alex and Mel so kindly offered to us. :hail:

I don't recall seeing Alex take that terrific pic - love it!! :nod:

Glad to hear that you're really happy with your purchase choice. Vive le difference! :mrgreen:

Welcome to the family

You're most welcome mate. A friend of Alex's is a friend of ours as far as I'm concerned :D and we gladly returned the hospitality that Alex and Mel so kindly offered to us. :hail:

I don't recall seeing Alex take that terrific pic - love it!! :nod:

Glad to hear that you're really happy with your purchase choice. Vive le difference! :mrgreen:

Haha thanks Dish. I think if you squint you can probably make out your silhouette in the bathroom window (think you were having a shower :mrgreen: )