Bonjour everyone!

pêche

Hi everyone, I am an extremely proud and ecstatic (to say the least) owner of a 2007 RS Megane 225 in that lovely Renault red :D

Can't wait to share pictures and advice and maybe meet with some of you at events and track days :D

Any advice and tips most welcome!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome pêche. Feel free to join us NEXT thursday night for a social gathering at Fountain Gate. Details in the social section of the forum.

Many comments about its derriere yet?

Welcome peche :D

Great to see another meggy owner jumping aboard :mrgreen:

And whats with the sudden increase in melbourne meggy owners :shock:

Enjoy the forum :)

Cheers,

Brendan

Cheers Brendan :D

I've long been obsessed with the Megane and finally I can say I own one - so excited! :hyper:

lol I couldn't tell you... but I certainly don't see them on the road that often so it's so much fun when I do - and even better now I have one myself :)

pêche

Welcome pêche. Feel free to join us NEXT thursday night for a social gathering at Fountain Gate. Details in the social section of the forum.

Many comments about its derriere yet?

Thank you Griffyn :D

I might just do that, work permitting :) I'll be sure to check out that section of the forum.

Oh, yes, plenty! :lol: One guy I know who loves fast cars and what not, just loves it, but can't bring himself to 'get past the rear-end'. :D I'm sure I'll get more of that too!

Hey mate ... glad to see you have made here ... Welcome again :D

Thanks Dom, great to have made it here finally! :D

Hopefully will have some pics to share soon too!

Welcome mate!!!

Team Melbourne grows stronger :booty::booty:

Red looks hot!!

Tom

Cheers Tom!

:lol: Yes, it does, as it should :)

Thanks, I think so too - love it! :hail:

Welcome mate, I was keen on the R26 but not for me yet :P

Enjoy the forum!

:D Thanks ya!

:lol: Ah, so what have you got?

I have had 182 Cup since 2005 and take it out for a spirited drive regularly, having driven a 255 Cup recently I can appreciate what a great car they are. I wanted to upgrade but it's just not an option now.

I am currently in LA and it's funny to see what cars are popular here :P

Welcome mate!!

Our first Toro Red 225???

Enjoy ur stay 8)

Alex

Welcome mate, I was keen on the R26 but not for me yet :P

Enjoy the forum!

:D Thanks ya!

:lol: Ah, so what have you got?

I have had 182 Cup since 2005 and take it out for a spirited drive regularly, having driven a 255 Cup recently I can appreciate what a great car they are. I wanted to upgrade but it's just not an option now.

I am currently in LA and it's funny to see what cars are popular here :P

:D Yeah, I can understand that. I love the 182 Cups as well :) Awesome car, great fun!

Hope you're having fun in LA (though the cars over there would be hilarious! :lol: )

peche...... Welcome bud. "Another" 225... :shock:

Awesome.. they are so common now :roll:

hehehhehe... welcome mate. I thought you were going to say the one from Mentone also :oops:

as thats the one i nearly got.. :D

Enjoy your stay. May see ya next thursday night!!!

Brendo

Thanks Brendo :)

:lol: hehehe

Cheers for the welcome - nah, not the Mentone one hehehe :D

What you got?

Yes, perhaps you will :)

peche...... Welcome bud. "Another" 225... :shock:

Awesome.. they are so common now :roll:

hehehhehe... welcome mate. I thought you were going to say the one from Mentone also :oops:

as thats the one i nearly got.. :D

Enjoy your stay. May see ya next thursday night!!!

Brendo

:oops: hahahah should have read your quote, forgive the newness, and forget I asked what you had :D hehehe

welcome matey,

good to know another meggy owner in Melbourne. Post some piccys of ur ride here

cheers

heng

Cheers Heng, nice to meet you :D

Posted some piccies just before :D

Looks excellent in that colour :P They really are a great car and so fun to drive. Im yet to get bored of driving both the clio or the meggy there always keeping me occupied. Good luck with the purchase and safe and happy driving :wink:

Looks excellent in that colour :P They really are a great car and so fun to drive. Im yet to get bored of driving both the clio or the meggy there always keeping me occupied. Good luck with the purchase and safe and happy driving :wink:

:D Cheers Hash!

So excited and so happy - and I love the colour just as much as the car itself... haven't been able to stop grinning since I picked it up! Bit sad really but it's my first car (yes, I'm a fair bit older than usual for that hahaha), and have been hardly able to sleep since yesterday! :lol:

Clios are great fun too! :) Big fan.

Thank you so much! :wink:

:lol: Pics as per request, of mon bebe :D

P1010095.jpg

Is that you or a partner? 8)

It's almost as nice as a clio in orange.... :wink:

Why, that's me! :D

:lol: I love the blood orange too but this red is just amazing on the Megane :wink:

Why, that's me! :D

:lol: I love the blood orange too but this red is just amazing on the Megane :wink:

It's great to see more female members joining up peche, how did you find us? :D

:D Thanks mate, very excited to be here and to finally have the car I've been pining after for so long :shock:

My b/f actually owned a 172 (recently sold) and was on the forum so recommended it to me, given how obsessed I am :lol:

Bienvenue fish! Les boissons sont de ce côté-ci. 8)

Franchement, je suis vraiment captivé et enchanté. D'avoir une nouvelle membre aussi charmante et elegante est un grand plaisir

:oops::)

I hope you do speak French mademoiselle. Nice, nice ride! Look forward to driving with you and 'Truly Red' in the future 8) even though I won't be there to eat donuts with you :(

Welcome.

Congratulations :D

:D Thanks mate, very excited to be here and to finally have the car I've been pining after for so long :shock:

My b/f actually owned a 172 (recently sold) and was on the forum so recommended it to me, given how obsessed I am :lol:

Hahaha, did he have to buy another car so he wouldn't lose to u at traffic light duals? :lol:

if your so obsessed, gotta check out http://www.meganesport.net then........ 8)

Cheers,

Brendan

Franchement, je suis vraiment captivé et enchanté. D'avoir une nouvelle membre aussi charmante et elegante est un grand plaisir

I hope you do speak French mademoiselle. Nice, nice ride! Look forward to driving with you and 'Truly Red' in the future 8) even though I won't be there to eat donuts with you :(

Welcome.

Salut Swish! :)

Je parle une petit peux des francais mais c'est tres mal :) Hoping to actually study it soon!

Merci, I love it, am very excited about taking it out with everyone next Thursday.

Hope you had a great day.

Pêche :D

Hahaha, did he have to buy another car so he wouldn't lose to u at traffic light duals? :lol:

if your so obsessed, gotta check out http://www.meganesport.net then........ 8)

Cheers,

Brendan

Hey Brendan, I actually love that site - how's the pic on the home page - awesome! Love the look of the RS 26 :shock: Very nice.

:lol: Funny you say that, he actually bought an MX-5... :roll: hehehehehe So he's left in the dust despite the fact I can't belt it much yet anyway!

Hey Brendan, I actually love that site - how's the pic on the home page - awesome! Love the look of the RS 26 :shock: Very nice.

:lol: Funny you say that, he actually bought an MX-5... :roll: hehehehehe So he's left in the dust despite the fact I can't belt it much yet anyway!

Awesome......i love that site too, heaps of useful info over there, and the people there are great :mrgreen:

Hehehe, be careful he doesn't try and blow your confidence by taking advantage of the fact you are still running in your car :lol:

It must be a funny site watching you two drive next to each and racing :lol:8)

Awesome......i love that site too, heaps of useful info over there, and the people there are great :mrgreen:

Hehehe, be careful he doesn't try and blow your confidence by taking advantage of the fact you are still running in your car :lol:

It must be a funny site watching you two drive next to each and racing :lol:8)

:lol: hehehehe don't worry, he won't... the fact that he loves Renaults so much sorta stops him...

We actually drove separately somewhere earlier today and I flew past him, and all he could say later was how awesome the sound of the turbo was :D

Yeah, some of the pics on that meganesport site are AMAZING aren't they? :mrgreen:

:lol: hehehehe don't worry, he won't... the fact that he loves Renaults so much sorta stops him...

We actually drove separately somewhere earlier today and I flew past him, and all he could say later was how awesome the sound of the turbo was :D

Yeah, some of the pics on that meganesport site are AMAZING aren't they? :mrgreen:

hahaha, i actually didn't know what our car sounded like from the outside until i went on a drive day and drove next to two other meggys :) ......love the turbo whooshiness :twisted:

yea, some of the pics are pretty awesome on that site..........do u go on the forum there?...if u don't u should......very tops :mrgreen:

Welcome.

Salut Swish! :)

Je parle une petit peux des francais mais c'est tres mal :) Hoping to actually study it soon!

Merci, I love it, am very excited about taking it out with everyone next Thursday.

Hope you had a great day.

Pêche :D

I am toujours available for tutoring, and since you are a passionate ozrs member c'est gratuite! (Free 8) ) except most people feel funny about being tutored by a young 'un 8)

Sorry I won't get to meet you next Thurs :( next time! la prochaine fois 8)

hahaha, i actually didn't know what our car sounded like from the outside until i went on a drive day and drove next to two other meggys :) ......love the turbo whooshiness :twisted:

yea, some of the pics are pretty awesome on that site..........do u go on the forum there?...if u don't u should......very tops :mrgreen:

:o I know, how nice is it? :P I can't wait to go on a drive day, looking forward to it.

ooh thanks for the tip, will do :)

so how long have you had your's now?

:o I know, how nice is it? :P I can't wait to go on a drive day, looking forward to it.

Awesome, i'm sure you enjoy the car even more when u drive with a whole bunch of other clios :mrgreen:

Had mine for 1 year and 3 months now :D

Awesome, i'm sure you enjoy the car even more when u drive with a whole bunch of other clios :mrgreen:

Had mine for 1 year and 3 months now :D

hehehehe yes, I'm sure I will :) Speaking from experience there? hehe

Nice one :D

Hehe your megane was in my showroom for the last 3 weeks, we traded it to max kirwin last week, ps i pinched Your cupholder for my boost gauge, wonder if they replaced it, outta curiousity, what did you pay for it?

Hehe your megane was in my showroom for the last 3 weeks, we traded it to max kirwin last week, ps i pinched Your cupholder for my boost gauge, wonder if they replaced it, outta curiousity, what did you pay for it?

Oh hehehehe, are you Milan? I was at Garry and Warren checking it out two weekends ago, late on a Saturday :D Fell in love, rest is history.

Oh you did, did you? :P Well, of course they did - if they hadn't, I would have noticed... and well, that might just have to remain a secret hehehe :P Hope you got a bit of a discount on your Meggy - nice colour and stickering btw. You going on the KK run next week?

hey nice 225 ya got there...

good to see some more ladies on the scene....

Thanks, great to be in it... been wanting this car for some time now so very happy :D

Can't wait to refine those driving skills, especially with this little baby :)

What do you drive?