Bonjour everyone!

pêche

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Thanks mate, very excited to be here and to finally have the car I've been pining after for so long :shock:

My b/f actually owned a 172 (recently sold) and was on the forum so recommended it to me, given how obsessed I am :lol:

I'd love to know his thoughts on the Clio to mx5 transition ... was possibly thinking fo doing the same thing if i get a van and no longer need the space in my car ... what year model he get?

Since this post has blown up I cant remember if I already welcomed you (i'm just a newbie anyways) but welcome!

Now back to the boys to fight for the girls attention.

it's my first ever car, and it's a Meggy

Does that mean it should have "P" plates attached? And us Victorian's should keep a wider than normal route around you ?

Actually I was driving a 172 occassionally before this (not mine) and that's how I came to really love RS.

And no, not on my P-plates. I'm 25 :P

:lol:

I'd love to know his thoughts on the Clio to mx5 transition ... was possibly thinking fo doing the same thing if i get a van and no longer need the space in my car ... what year model he get?

Since this post has blown up I cant remember if I already welcomed you (i'm just a newbie anyways) but welcome!

Now back to the boys to fight for the girls attention.

Hey rup11e, thanks for the welcome :D

:lol:

He got a 2006 NC MX-5 in the classic silver. I'll ask him to PM you about the transition - although I do know there are some no-brainers about it for him, such as the engine differences etc. It's certainly very different to the RCS! :)

Ah the new one! Very nice ride! My friends ordering one this week ... she cant drive manual properly (but i wasnt gonna let her get an auto *spits in disgust*) so I will be involved in her transition from an auto echo ... that alone might give me a good idea myself .... i was thinking more along the lines of swapping the clio 182 cup thats currently mine for a Kangoo (i need the space) and buying a generation I or II mx5 with the leftover ... but still interested in what he thinks ... its funny how a FWD hatch and RWD convertible can have so many similarities and appeal to the same people despite being so different.

this has gotta be the longest newbie threads?!!!

Its nothing new mate, girls always command attention amongst a bunch of guys. I've never seen Swish so excited before :mrgreen:

How funny is this .... another pretty lady joins and the all the " boys " Come out ... Its all good :lol::lol:

The Jeffster has been very reserved me thinks 8)

Haha reserved or a tiger waiting to pounce? :wink::lol:

:lol: not quite sure how to respond to this!! hahaha

Should I be worried, ClioF1? :P

Yes :shock:

:mrgreen:

The tyranny of distance gentleman (and ladies) I am in the deep south and it's pretty amazing place ... Scary and quaint at the same time

Pêche, The Jeffster has a totally unjustified reputation as a notorious bard with libertine pretensions. This is of course not true, just a crafty online image I like to perpetuate. This is despite my signature photo and that fact I have been kicked off Youtube twice, but be assured any woman's virtue is safe in my hands.

Honestly, it's all tongue in cheek with me. Like Douglas Adams said I am "mostly harmless" 8)

:shock:

Ah the new one! Very nice ride! My friends ordering one this week ... she cant drive manual properly (but i wasnt gonna let her get an auto *spits in disgust*) so I will be involved in her transition from an auto echo ... that alone might give me a good idea myself .... i was thinking more along the lines of swapping the clio 182 cup thats currently mine for a Kangoo (i need the space) and buying a generation I or II mx5 with the leftover ... but still interested in what he thinks ... its funny how a FWD hatch and RWD convertible can have so many similarities and appeal to the same people despite being so different.

Yeah, it's pretty damn nice... lucky for you, you can test it out when you teach your friend (glad to hear you didn't let her get an auto! :shock: ).

Sounds like a good idea - I'll get the man to PM you once he has his account fixed (hasn't been on for a while, needs reactivating).

heheehehee very true point :lol:

The tyranny of distance gentleman (and ladies) I am in the deep south and it's pretty amazing place ... Scary and quaint at the same time.

Pêche, The Jeffster has a totally unjustified reputation as a notorious bard with libertine pretensions. This is of course not true, just a crafty online image I like to perpetuate. This is despite my signature photo and that fact I have been kicked off Youtube twice, but be assured any woman's virtue is safe in my hands.

Honestly, it's all tongue in cheek with me. Like Douglas Adams said I am "mostly harmless" 8)

:lol: Hehehe don't worry Jeffster, we all have images we like to perpetuate, be they online or not :)

I actually think that signature photo is funny :P

You gots to have a sense of humour, IMO.

hehehe I like the Douglas Adams quote 8)

The tyranny of distance gentleman (and ladies) I am in the deep south and it's pretty amazing place ... Scary and quaint at the same time.

:lol: Hehehe don't worry Jeffster, we all have images we like to perpetuate, be they online or not :)

I actually think that signature photo is funny :P

You gots to have a sense of humour, IMO.

hehehe I like the Douglas Adams quote 8)

No worries glad your so active on the forum 8)

A bit embarressed that I added to the worlds longest newbies thred but what that hell :P

A bit embarressed that I added to the worlds longest newbies thred but what that hell :P

Is this officially the forum's longest newbie thread? Or is Teki's still longer?

:oops: hehe i'm the one who should be embarrassed... :oops:

BUMP!

I dunno for sure becasue I am only new around these parts but your 102 posts in your first 5 days has to be some kind of record!

OK, OK, whats going on here?

An eight page thread for a newbie?

Let me guess, an attractive female newbie?

[sigh]

move along boys, let the lady breath at least.

Sorry for all the attention pêche,

they never greated me like this,

the ungrateful swines :news:

Hope you enjoy your time with us!

:thanks:

[sigh]

Hey Bio in my defence I was much more interested in her BF and his new car since not all of us can afford a RSS like you an mx5 may well be my next car.

Hey Bio in my defence I was much more interested in her BF and his new car since

not all of us can afford a RSS like you an mx5 may well be my next car.

:mrgreen: maaaate! I'm sure you meant to say you were more interested in the BF's car.... :roll:

The MX 5 is a good car, much more plush and luxo than the spider and certainly better to

drive around in for the long term, ask moosey what a spider is like to drive in the wet... :sicko:

Yeah, so I'm a little grumpy today, Its been 10 days since I drove the wee beasty and I just

got a phone call to say beasty won't be ready to pickup till at least Friday.... :furious:

I'm having serious withdrawal cravings now and even a couple of drives of the spider over

the weekend weren't enough to help.

I want my car back! :twisted:

I dunno for sure becasue I am only new around these parts but your 102 posts in your first 5 days has to be some kind of record!

No I still think Brendan beats everyone and he wasn't even replying to questions half the time 8)

may be we can freeze you and thaw you out on friday...???

:lol::lol:

I didn't have mine for two months you can live for two weeks bio :P

:booty::booty: I'm entitled :mrgreen:

[sigh]

:D Thanks for the welcome Bio! It's been great so far, knowing there are other people just as passionate about their cars as me out there :mrgreen:

Welcome!

Did you pick up your car from Richmond? I saw a red one there a few weeks ago.

It would look extra hot with darker rims, but that's just me. It still looks awesome, I'm thinking of upgrading. The EVO X is tempting me to wait though

This thread is almost as long as a groupbuy thread!

Yeh but it's got even MORE hijackers! 8)

Welcome!

Did you pick up your car from Richmond? I saw a red one there a few weeks ago.

It would look extra hot with darker rims, but that's just me. It still looks awesome, I'm thinking of upgrading. The EVO X is tempting me to wait though

Thanks portal! :D

Actually, from Kirwan's at Preston. But I did see the red one at Richmond as well... and fell in love with the colour. Hence the choice :mrgreen:

Yeah, I've been entertaining the idea, and will most likely sometime down the track look at black, but right now, only had it a week and just want to enjoy it :)

I don't mind the Evo but honestly doesn't appeal to me any where near as much as the RS 26 would if I'd had the extra funds :D

hehehehe yes, it is!

Hi pêche, welcome aboard!

You've clocked up quite a few posts aleady :) , well done!

I think I saw a red RSM here in Adelaide not long ago. Very nice colour. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

Hi pêche, welcome aboard!

You've clocked up quite a few posts aleady :) , well done!

I think I saw a red RSM here in Adelaide not long ago. Very nice colour. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

Thanks Chris! :D

hehehehe yeah just a few... :lol:

I totally love the colour and have wanted a meggy for ages, so very happy - had it just a week now and haven't stopped smiling since :mrgreen:

hope all is well up in adelaide!

oh, and for a few pics, check here http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5705

hoping to get some more taken this weekend :)

You got pics up of your RSC? :)