Lotus Nut

Adrian-Bstar

Morning Ladies and Gents,

I have just joined and I thought I would introduce my self. I am a huge Lotus fan and my ultimate car would be an Elise (or which ever Elise derivative I’m infatuated with). But I’m very keen on a 225 (cup) in the mean time. I am also a big fan of the Mini and drive my Sister’s a fair bit.

I found your forum after being introduced by the dealer.

Morning Ladies and Gents,

I have just joined and I thought I would introduce my self. I am a huge Lotus fan and my ultimate car would be an Elise (or which ever Elise derivative I’m infatuated with). But I’m very keen on a 225 (cup) in the mean time. I am also a big fan of the Mini and drive my Sister’s a fair bit.

I found your forum after being introduced by the dealer.

Welcome again Adrian :lol:

One of our members on here - walkie86 - actually has a lotus (exige) :shock: ................which dealer did u get the 225 test drive from? My guess is waitara cos of the painted grill bit i saw in your pics in the megane thread :lol: and was it Gavin who told you about the site?

You definitely have to get a 225 cup, we need more of them around, especially in Syndey too :mrgreen: .....................also, u may be interested in the limited release 230 r26 that is coming out early next year :wink:

Cheers,

Brendan

Thanks Fellas,

I am actually carless ATM. I just finished up at my last job and handed the keys back then.

Yes it was NorthShore Renault. But it was Sam that told me about the site. I am very impressed with the dealer so far.

As for Renaults.

I owned a Espace (previous shape-round) in Europe for about 6mths. I absolutely loved that car. I did about 30K in about 6mths and it was a gem! Got it to 197km/hr on the Autobahn the day before I dropped it off. I will see if I can find a photo of it some where.

I convinced my Mum to buy a Scenic (previous shape-round), which she has just traded on an XT Forrester.

My Wife and I brought a Megane (98 model I think) from an Auction in Scotland for 1500quid on a credit card! Now what a car…. That car is a forum in itself. I will try and find a photo as well

That looks like Rob's car? I met him on the road at the traffic lights one day. It was the weirdest thing. I was driving in a convoy of probably the rarest Lotus in Australia (340R, Honda powered Elise S1 and Exige S1) after having been away at a track day. We were almost back to the house where these 3 beasts live and out of no where Rob turns up and another rare Lotus. He hadn’t been at the track day that we had been at, it was just a total coincidence.

That looks like Rob's car? I met him on the road at the traffic lights one day. It was the weirdest thing. I was driving in a convoy of probably the rarest Lotus in Australia (340R, Honda powered Elise S1 and Exige S1) after having been away at a track day. We were almost back to the house where these 3 beasts live and out of no where Rob turns up and another rare Lotus. He hadn’t been at the track day that we had been at, it was just a total coincidence.

Oh my! Small world! Alex and Rob told me about that day! Gez... this community is extremely small, it is sometimes a little spooky :lol:

wow! truly wow!

i just told my dad and he can't believe it lol

he said that was one of the best experiences on the road he's ever had! 4 of the rarest lotuses going round!

make the right choice & go the meggy cup... talk to my dad & he'll convince u :P (thought he convinced himself out of one & into a clio instead lol)

cheers,

Alex

Welcome Adrian :)

Mate, I've never seen a 340R in BLUE, pictured anywhere... that's nuts! I have seen a silver one here in Melbourne though.

Oh that Exige 240Cup is just gob-smacking though... definitely on the shopping list!

Cheers, Dish.

Welcome Adrian, here is some video from the drive day with Rob and Alex, I have some video from my car I was directly behind the Exige :P A very sexy machine, will have to post some footage soon.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Lo7ovHU0rBI

Welcome to the forum hope you get into the 255 :P

adrian-bstar , its rob 240r on here . the S1 exige IS the best looking lotus ever and the megane 225 is the best looking renault ever . forget the mini ... boring .. everyones got one . the megane is fantastic !! i just got the last clio cup in sydney as we needed a really small car to fit in the garage but really wanted a 3 door 225 . an awesome machine . they regularly flog the golf gti in the tests . and the renault scene is at least as good as the lotus . you just want one !! go for it . :mrgreen:

wow! truly wow!

i just told my dad and he can't believe it lol

he said that was one of the best experiences on the road he's ever had! 4 of the rarest lotuses going round!

make the right choice & go the meggy cup... talk to my dad & he'll convince u :P (thought he convinced himself out of one & into a clio instead lol)

cheers,

Alex

Hey Alex, Yeah it was a total spin out. The fact that we had been with Lotus all weekend and then to see Rob at the last min was just weird.

Quotes from the original thread:

was running in the new 240 cup this arvo with a trip to jervis bay and back . not much traffic.. enjoying the engine as she loosens up and getting to know her .

then , get to heathcote in some traffic and see circular taillights real close to the ground . hum , familiar ... come up behind...wow , its a hot looking and sounding silver mk 1 elise.... then saw some more taillights...drive up ... its a freakin yellow mk 1 exige , simply the best looking lotus ever .. but wait theres more .... then i see the 340r leading the bunch ....

so hopped in the convoy and off we went till we split at sutherland . the other traffic had a lot of eyes poping out especially at the 340r . the noise of the 3 taking off together was just awesome ... gotta save up for that stage 2 !! [ some cap backwards p-plate kids in a lowered fowlcan tailgated to get an even closer look

Hey Rob, I was in the Dave’s Yellow Exige, It was nice to meet you, even if it was hanging out the window.

All weekend whenever we pulled up at a servo or whatever, people would say sarcastically: “Fancy seeing you hereâ€, and then out of nowhere we see you, too weird.

I agree the best convoy! Some of the rarest Lotus in Aus joined by another rare Lotus.

A great end to a top weekend

Welcome Adrian :)

Mate, I've never seen a 340R in BLUE, pictured anywhere... that's nuts! I have seen a silver one here in Melbourne though.

Oh that Exige 240Cup is just gob-smacking though... definitely on the shopping list!

Cheers, Dish.

Dish,

That 340R was actually a personal import (I’m not sure that any of the 4 or 5 that Lotus Australia brought in ended up getting road registered - too hard). It was sent back to Lotus not long after it was brought to have the 190 BHP upgrade (and more), and was painted azure blue then. It’s funny I was SO pumped to see the 340R and it didn’t disappoint, but when I saw that Exige S1…. WOW. I have seen heaps of photos of S1 Exiges, and I liked it of course, but when I saw it in the flesh it was something else. I still can’t believe I drove that one.

IMG_2233.jpg

IMG_2234.jpg

A little off-topic Adrian, but what series is your sister's Mini Cooper S?

Teki, Not sure actually. Maybe an 02 0r 03. She got it in Nov 03. Is there a way to tell?

Yep! Newer model has the reverse lights in the actual light unit, and hence a fog light (red) in the middle of the bumper... the first series had the reverse light in the middle of the bumper.

Reason I ask is because my cousin gave me her MINI Cooper S series 1 for 30 minutes on sunday afternoon. I had a smile on my face, it was fun (cause it was a Mini :wink: ) and the exhaust note was quite raspy... but to be honest it wasn't as fun or easy to drive as the RSC 182. Pity though, because we had a few kids and adults at the local Bunnings giving it a few stares. If only the Clio could do that... :roll:

A little off-topic Adrian, but what series is your sister's Mini Cooper S?

Teki, Not sure actually. Maybe an 02 0r 03. She got it in Nov 03. Is there a way to tell?

Yep! Newer model has the reverse lights in the actual light unit, and hence a fog light (red) in the middle of the bumper... the first series had the reverse light in the middle of the bumper.

Reason I ask is because my cousin gave me her MINI Cooper S series 1 for 30 minutes on sunday afternoon. I had a smile on my face, it was fun (cause it was a Mini :wink: ) and the exhaust note was quite raspy... but to be honest it wasn't as fun or easy to drive as the RSC 182. Pity though, because we had a few kids and adults at the local Bunnings giving it a few stares. If only the Clio could do that... :roll:

It does - you just need to get an orange one :mrgreen:

• 3 years later...

Hope it is OK to gravedig your own newbie thread.

I have been off focus with buying a Renault since I was last here. But back on track now. All going well will be picking up an R26 tomorrow.

I have had my heart set on an Elise but in the end budget isn't the issue, I just don't feel it is a car I can get away with, I don't think it would be the best look with my clients.

I have only really thought about buying again since Christmas and was originally looking for a 2nd hand 225 Cup, but the price of the R26 at the moment was too good to pass up.

Hope to catch up with some of you soon. When is the next Sydney drive day?

After a 3+ yr hiatus - welcome back! :)

Nice to know you've bitten the bullet at long last! Shame that you had to put the possible opinions of what others may think of you cos of your choice of car into the purchasing equation. I'm more of the "couldn't care less what other people think of my choice in things" kinda guy :D

Welcome aborad Adrain (there are a lot of adrains here)

Thanks for joining and rekindling my Lotus fetish. (sidenote: the only reason i watched Bullrun - tv show)

Anyway, hope you find a bargain and stick around with any lotus stories.

Cheers,

WOLF

adrian , congrats ! you will love the R26 . great car !

as to get togethers , theres a combined lotus / renault forum twilight at e/c on 10 march . only 220 dorrah . you'll probably know everyone . dave is there in the blue hpe exige . banzai , you know the drill !

go to ardc website , put 10/3 twilight on the form and send them 220 . otherwise come out and say hi , someone will be arranging pizza thst night .