Tapatalk

Rene

Hi all - we had to disable Tapatalk, as it was causing all sorts of issues.  We are trying to work through them with our IT Support.  Thanks!

• Like 1

IPB (this forum software) advises us that the new version 4.5 is not compatible with Tapatalk, even though Tapatalk has new software which was installed a few days ago and caused lots of problems.  For now, sadly we have disabled Tapatalk, and will look into this over the weekend.

Theme issues caused by the forum update and custom skin will be resolved over the weekend.  For now, to ensure that it works for all browsers and devices, I have deleted all custom skins and forced all users to use the default theme.

Thanks for your patience!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, SLUGGO33X said:

Hey Paul, any closer with Tapatalk?

No news from Tapatalk. They say they are 'working on the required changes to the application'.... History would suggest these things take time for Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I chased Tapatalk a few days ago to ask for an update, and they advised us as follows:

Not yet but will be soon.

Please follow the changelog for your forum platform:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapatalksupport/tapatalk-for-ipboard-plugin-release-announcement-a-t4031.html

We will post the newsletter on it when there is a new version supports IPB4.5+

I looked at the changelog link, and there hasnt been activity in many months.  Its pretty lame, but its what we have come to expect from Tapatalk.  The good news is the new forum software works very well on mobile device browsers.  Good enough to replace Tapatalk.  I'm tired of chasing them.

Cheers, Paul

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SLUGGO33X said:

Doesn't appear so. I'm tipping a lot of members use Tapatalk and traffic to the site has probably been lower since the upgrade.

I'm struggling without it.

Yep about 20% lower. We’re aware that Tapa is important to many here, but we’re tied to other party’s timelines in terms of a fix..

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Moosey said:

We’re still waiting for a solution from Tapatalk, peeps.. 

I have cancelled my Tapatalk subscription. They asked me why? I said I won't pay for something that doesn't work. They say, ask your admins to install the plugin on the website.

Ping pong

• 3 weeks later...

It's a real shame that the Tapatalk can't get their act together or at least be more transparent with a timeline. I just keep forgetting to check the OzRS website so my visits are way down.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I guess you can feel free to pass onto them that OzRS is the only forum I check via Tapatalk, therefore I’ve since deleted the app! (And I’m sure I wouldn’t be the only one...)

• Like 1

IPS doesn’t currently have this feature, although it has been long requested on the Invision users forum. From what I can work out, the interface with IOS phone is the roadblock. There is a solution for Android but iPS won’t put something in place until such time that both platforms are covered.. so that leaves something like email push notifications for now, if you follow a topic on ozRS you can receive this. I believe you can get these through something like the GMail App. In the meantime we’ll keep on Tapatalk for an update.