Yellow Megane 265 cup trophy

Jordannunns

Jeez, we're leaving you hanging here!

So yellow is obviously not going to be to everyone's taste, and the yellow in the 250 isn't the hero Liquid Yellow of the later cars.

Resale will be more to do with how you price it at the time as much as anything.

How is it priced compared right now against similar cars? If it's way cheaper and been for sale for longer then that should tell you what you need to know.

Ultimately do you like it? If so just buy it and enjoy it, if you feel you're comprising just move along.

Not really sure that was even vaguely helpful! 😁

Edited by Matt205
  • Like 2

Personally, I think any colour will sell.

My RS250 was White, and my current RS265 is Liquid Yellow.  Neither of these are my first choice in colour....but I still bought them.

Edited by Honest Gaza
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Honest Gaza said:

Personally, I think any colour will sell.

My RS250 was White, and my current RS265 is Liquid Yellow.  Neither of these are my first choice in colour....but I still bought them.

I was the same. Wanted red but ended up getting white with red stripes down the sides. I always had the intentions to take the decals off but they really grew on me in the end.

With a good wax I find the white really shines at night time.

Edited by Docmattic
  • Like 1

Hey mate, I followed the market for a year before buying a 250 and yellow cars are definitely less desirable than other colours judging by how long they were listed for sale and what they were listed for.

As @Matt205 has alluded to, ultimately the market will decide what the car is worth, so as long as you pick up the car for cheaper than average then you shouldn't be too worried about selling the car for a cheaper than average price. The challenge here is to play it cool and resist making an emotional decision when a yellow one does finally pop up.

These are great cars: there's a good chance you might own your Meg for a long time. At the end of the day it will be your car, no one else's, so in my view it always makes sense to wait for the spec you really want. 

One final thought: if seeing the car, even thinking about the car, in your preferred colour makes you smile, who cares about $1 or $2k in resale? Driving and owning a car should give you pleasure, and that's something worth paying for.

• Like 1

Thanks everybody for your thoughts, I’ve given the add another look, it says it’s a 265 trophy cup. But has a silver/chrome front grill which I thought was a 275? Apparently there is only 100 models in Australia. It’s a 2014 model if that helps. trying to rap my head around the different specs 😅

1A7A7930-121D-4C69-A78E-DB348A57335D.png

1 minute ago, SLUGGO33X said:

That looks like the one in Qld. FYI, I ran a ppsr check on this one and it came back with accident history.

The seller didn't know too much about the 

that’s good to know, it is definitely overpriced then with the accident history he didn’t mention