NewyMitch

New member and new to Renault

Hi all,

I've joined the forum to hopefully get some more information on what I want as my next car. I haven't had a fun car for years so very keen to get into a Megane 250/265. These models appear to have fairly universal praise in regards to the handling.

I'm based in Newcastle and have had some interesting cars in the past. The most recent was an Austin Healy Sprite which was great fun but the eternal chasing of oil leeks wore me down.

Cheers,

Mitch

• Like 1

Well, they're awesome cars. Nothing much else to say, and if you're after fun, that's their middle name (after Renault Renault Sport Megane III RS 265 and a few other labels).

Post up what you're looking at and we can comment. The model nomenclature is confusing to say the least and often they're misadvertised.

Thanks.

It's good to know there's no real issues I need to watch out for.

Something like this is what I'm after. Getting down to Sydney from Newcastle at the moment is quite difficult though.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2012-Renault-Megane-RS-250-Cup-Manual/SSE-AD-6564505

The only locally listed cars at the moment are out of my price range.

My main criteria is just the cup chassis and the LSD. I find it's hard to get my head around which versions here didn't get the LSD. From what I understand all 250's have it standard.

Thanks.
Something like this is what I'm after. Getting down to Sydney from Newcastle at the moment is quite difficult though.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2012-Renault-Megane-RS-250-Cup-Manual/SSE-AD-6564505
My main criteria is just the cup chassis and the LSD. I find it's hard to get my head around which versions here didn't get the LSD. From what I understand all 250's have it standard.
If that's all you're after, then just don't get the sports limited edition. Then you'll get your cup and LSD.

Thanks.
That car will have what you want. And, that Amazing colour that was not repeated in subsequent iterations.

17 minutes ago, chuckovski said:
33 minutes ago, NewyMitch said:
Thanks.

That car will have what you want. And, that Amazing colour that was not repeated in subsequent iterations.

Thanks.

I haven't seen many come up in blue which I think looks great.

Thanks.
I haven't seen many come up in blue which I think looks great.
Unfortunately I'm nowhere near Kellyville, but if you see anything in the Illawarra you want me to check out, let me know.

There is a good possibility that the owner could take their car to Renotech in Hornsby or less likely Paul at AP Automotive for a pre purchase inspection. I wouldn't buy one without it how. I did twice with no issues in the past, one Megane RS, one Clio RS.

47 minutes ago, chuckovski said:

Unfortunately I'm nowhere near Kellyville, but if you see anything in the Illawarra you want me to check out, let me know.

There is a good possibility that the owner could take their car to Renotech in Hornsby or less likely Paul at AP Automotive for a pre purchase inspection. I wouldn't buy one without it how. I did twice with no issues in the past, one Megane RS, one Clio RS.

Thanks for the offer.

That's a good shout about Reno Tech doing a pre purchase inspection. I'll give them a call this week to see how they go about it.