Rs Meganes New Rumoured Model

George45

For the RS they would not put in a auto trans, instead they would put something like a Sports Paddle Driven DSG style of gearbox.   I dont think the gearbox choices will change residual values, it will be more likely just a New model series (Meg IV Series)  will depreciate our Meg III cars.  

I know i risk lighting strikes and scorn with this one,    I would have preferred a DSG / Paddle type of gearbox in my 265 Cup.  I enjoy driving a manual stick shift, but after using DSG for years in my other cars i am sold on this new style of gearbox.  

Cheers   Mike.

The dab ate rages about this topic in other threads and opinions are polarized for sure. It is likely but not certain the new Neg will be a self shifter even in RS guise when it arrives. That will open up new buyers and close down others. What impact that has on Meg 3 values remains to be seen but it is certain that some enthusiasts will always want manuals so well kept low km examples should have ongoing demand from them. It will be an interesting time for sure but I plan to keep my R for a long time it would seem given the choices likely :)

Of course that is "debate" in post above....

• Like 2

Good late Clio III RS's (3dr, manual) are now worth more than early Clio IV RS's (5dr, EDC).

Relatively speaking, not many Clio III's were sold new so it's a case of low supply vs demand on the used market = strong resale.

With a lot more Meg III RS's sold, you might not see the same thing if Meg IV goes EDC only.

Still think that a late, well kept, low mileage Meg III RS will be worth something down the track. Modern day legend, like the C3 RS.

I really wish what you said was true Moosey but I'm here to tell you that the current CLIO III RS market is way down.

It would be very rare to get a buyer prepared to pay more than $12K for a 5 year old one in prime condition.

IMO, As soon as the Meg IV hits the market, the price will go down fast on the III models too.  Sad but true.

Really?

The cheapest Clio3 on carsales is 17K.

There are only 14 for sale in the country (and they are selling). I reckon prices are doing the opposite to what you say and holding quite well considering the second hand car market is pretty brutal.

It's an up and down thing with the Clio 3s, much like the seasons.

On one hand we've seen a white R27 go for a paltry $11k and a 197 go at $8k, and I know of a 200 Cup Trophee that sold a little more than $12k. On the other hand I've seen a 197 go at $16k, 200 AGP trade owners at $23k and cars around $20k sell often reasonably quickly too.

The median going price fluctuate anywhere between 15k to about 18k, I don't know what to make of it really because one month they'll be depressingly cheap and then the next month they all seem to be pretty expensive. I will side with BUSGO on this one as I can see Megane 3 prices suffering a steep drop.

When you consider a new 200 was in the late 30s that's a pretty bloody steep drop for 3-5 years.

@ apple3337. The advertised price on carsales is normally exagerated by about $2k and it would be rare for a car to sell privately for the price the seller asks there. I was offered as low as $7,000 for a trade and finally accepted just under $12k. My car was exceptional but did have 80,000ks on it.

Anyway this is all about superceded models retaining value and the simple truth is that they don't unless they are truly rare examples.

Off topic except for the last few posts but anyway...

The last Clio 3 just sold in the last few days (a Red Bull) for an advertised price of $22,951 drive away with 45,000 klm on the clock.

Whether that's a high or low price depends on your perspective I guess.

***Edited Fri 26 Feb. Another sold advertised at $17,850 with 24,000 klm. Black 2010 Trophee.***

Edited by apple3337

That indicates to me the limited editions fair slightly better maybe in resales

For the RS they would not put in a auto trans, instead they would put something like a Sports Paddle Driven DSG style of gearbox. I dont think the gearbox choices will change residual values, it will be more likely just a New model series (Meg IV Series) will depreciate our Meg III cars.

I know i risk lighting strikes and scorn with this one, I would have preferred a DSG / Paddle type of gearbox in my 265 Cup. I enjoy driving a manual stick shift, but after using DSG for years in my other cars i am sold on this new style of gearbox.

Cheers Mike.

Me too - i was never in the market for a manual having never actually owned one. The only thing that got me into a manual was how awesome the Megane is. If there was an option I would have gone auto or dsg or edc ...

Having now owned a manual for around 1.5 yrs I don't know how I'd go without. I would be able to get faster lap times in an auto without a doubt, but I do love the engagement it gives.

So having said that in regards to the new Megane, it would have to be spectacular for me to want to trade. A new car for me would be along the lines of the focus St or RS, golf r manual. Or I'd be looking at the Clio 220 by that time.