Hi all

Jinxter

Way to go Colin.. Welcome to the forum and many happy drives in the RB8 I hope.

Watch your limits on the OPH.. :)

Thanks all.

I cant wait - 2 more days until I pick it up (its currently getting the windows tinted) and I've planned a few local drives on Saturday and then a Canberra run on Sunday. :)

No relation to the Jeffster as far as I know - but we're all part of the RS family hey :D

Cheers,

Colin.

Colin, Welcome to the Forum, we met on Sat at BH on delivery how did the drive go to you know where

Hope to see you at the party in Sydney on the 13th

Stunning Vehicle The Bull 265

Cheers

Tonym

Good to have you on board. I know you will enjoy the drive as much as I do. Have had my Cup for 5 months or so and enjoy every drive I have. I have been driving OPH just to get familiar and explore the limits. Stay safe.

I love the RB8! It is so much fun to drive, even when behaving :)

It was great to meet in person Tony. Your Clio was the reason I visited Renault as I had followed it home one night from Sydney and had to see one in person. Although I ended up with the RB8.

The drive around Yaramalong on Saturday was good although highlighted the firm suspension. I just did a Canberra and return run over the last few days and all I can say is wow! I was worried the recaro's might be a bit hard for long drives but the opposite is true - after being in them for 4.5 hours in one go I was still comfortable.

1000km on it already and I'm still grinning like a mad man.

Colin

Congrats Colin & welcome! Those Megs look super sexy!

Was torque steer a big issue with the MPS? I remember one of my mate's Alfas (147GTA) had *insane* torque steer, but I haven't noticed in the Mazdas I've driven (then again, I haven't tried an MPS :P)

Nathan

Thanks Nathan.

Yes the MPS could really catch you out at times. I had heard that Mazda improved the torque steer in the 2009+ version but it was still nasty. Particularly damp roads or mid corner acceleration.

A lot of fun to drive but you always had to be on top of it.

Colin

HI David,

The car is great - you'll love the RB8. The only annoying things so far is more 'Renault' than anything - such as minimal handbooks so you have to search online for how-to, a horn that is pointless, a stereo that thinks the driver is still sitting on the left of the car etc.

All that said it is still a car that I love to drive and the 'issues' fade away once you've put it into sports mode and hit the accelerator. :)

Colin.