New to the Renault life

Tobias

Hi everyone I'm picking up my 2002 172 Clio tomorrow it'll be my first fwd car after owning a mx5 and a e30, I'm looking forward to it, is there a weekly Renault/Clio catch up in Melbourne? It would be good to meet and talk to some people that have owned their clios for a while, here's pics of my old cars

df54883b69f3be3931c58362801552e1.jpg

f2dca9240330ce013ed78619d2fb7ef3.jpg

Welcome mate! Some nice cars you've had before - that E30 is hnnnnnggh! Love those wheels!

What're your plans for the Clio?

I tend to get carried away until the only time I can drive the car is on the track ...

Ha ha ... some people (for example Matt ^) deal with that issue by having two Clio's.

Two you say... :news:

Tobias, I bet they did, would look great though, 16's?

finally picked up my little renault, i had high expectations of it as my parents have a renault magane 225 and jeeeez the thing goes well, alot more power then i was expecting from the little 2L and handles great, it has a nice deep induction sound as well, im looking forward to taking this thing on the track

I had an E30 too which was sold and replaced by the 182. My E30 is the snail variant with M40 1.8L engine though - nothing to brag about :)

What kind of clutch adjustment did you do? The clutch engagement point on my car is rather high so I'm interested in bringing it to a lower point if possible.

The m42 engine is nothing to brag about either haha, if you stick your head underneath and push the clutch all the way in you will see a link with a ball joint on either end, this link is adjustable, un lock the nut with a 10mm open ender spanner and then pop off one of the ends of the link with a screw driver so you can lengthen the link, clutch is so much nicer now