Nissan 370Z to an RS250 Trophee

jaze55

Hi all,

Name is Jason and from NSW, I look forward to meeting some NSW members in the future. I recently purchased a 2011 RS250 Trophee.

My previous car was a 2010 Nissan 370Z with basic bolt-on mods, which I owned for 3.5 years. I have always liked the RS250 and read various reviews of its giant killing performance status. My 370Z was becoming too impractical, so I convinced myself that a RS250 was more practical but in reality I knew it was only practical if you were carrying amputees in the rear seats.

After owning the car for 2 days, I now fully understand all the hype surrounding the RS250. It is a very driver focused car, personally the only department lacking is in acceleration. I previously owned a 200kw atw Evo 8 and 225kw atw 370Z, I was spoilt on power unfortunately but I did expect this. I have adapted my driving style, I just need to ensure I have some revs on the dial to allow for punchy acceleration.

Can NSW members recommend any decent renault specific workshops where I can get the car serviced, tuned and modified?

Hey Jaze - welcome along!

Where abouts in NSW are you? This will help us guide you 8)

If in Sydney, have a search in the dealer/garage section for Paul V (AP Automotive), RenoTech and Colliers.

Mods are mostly sourced from the UK or Europe but with the popularity of the Megane 3 (250/265) here, local shops are starting to stock various aftermarket bits and pieces.

Also, throw some pics up when you can. We like pics :mrgreen:

Thanks for the welcome. I will have a look at the dealer/garage section tonight to start planning my modifications

Check out the numerous posts in the Megane III and Members' Rides section for info on what people have done - it's mostly centred on exhausts and tunes 8)

Thanks for the welcome guys. I noticed there is a big rail on the bottom of the recaros which can impede foot room if your seat is set too far back.

My family, friends and colleagues are all shocked at my choice after the 370Z, saying I have gone backwards. I prefer to think I have chosen another route to get to the same destination. I do miss the low seating position in the 370Z and the ability to swing the back end with the throttle if the car understeered or just for fun.

Unfortunately, the 250 I purchased is fitted with cheap nexen tyres. I have driven the 250 on the same roads I have driven my previous cars at pace. The 250 is a very competent handling car, however, I did experience understeer out of some tight corners. I could feel the LSD trying to get the power down and tightening the line on corner exit but it just ploughed. I blame the sh*t tyres, I will hold off on my verdict until I replace the nexen tyres with some michelin pilot super sports tyres in the near future.

Obviously not an accurate, objective test, but this was interesting on the weekend:

6GtWuWw.png

I did the 64.6 in my standard 182.

Obviously not an accurate, objective test, but this was interesting on the weekend:

6GtWuWw.png

I did the 64.6 in my standard 182.

Interested in your times on the Yokos vs your old rubber :)

I have driven my stock 370Z around wakefield Park in NSW. I was only able to achieve 1.16, it was my first time driving a RWD and being on the cautious side not to damage a brand new car.

With my Evo 8, I was easily able to lap in the 1.10-1.11 around wakefield on Kumho Ku36. But the evo has so many electronics, so you feel segregated from the driving experience.

On another note...

Does anyone else find that they need to remove their left shoe when driving the 250? I am a size 10 - 10.5 and it seems the tip of my shoe will catch on the dash underside. Finding this very annoying atm.

Happens to me occasionally when in dress shoes, mostly when my foot is in the wrong position to start with (changing radio stations, winding down passenger window, you know, those things you do when the road isn't twisty enough :clown: )

On another note...

Does anyone else find that they need to remove their left shoe when driving the 250? I am a size 10 - 10.5 and it seems the tip of my shoe will catch on the dash underside. Finding this very annoying atm.

Ive noticed this same problem in my R26.. Im a size 11-12... Its when I release the clutch peddle, the toe of my shoe seems to catch on something.. Ive adjusted it by using more of the toe of my shoe on the clutch pedal rather then the ball of my foot, its not that comfy though. I will look at mine and see if any trim is hanging lower then it should be..