New III RS200 Owner

Hindy

Hi Everyone,

I've had my 2012 Liquid yellow Clio Cup since around August 2013 so I thought it was time I joined the community.

I absolutely love the car, I was considering getting something a bit more sedate and sensible at the time but 6 months later I'm so glad that I made the emotional purchase. I'm 17 so I'm still pinching myself that this is my first car. (thanks for the help, Daddy :D ) I got it as a demo with around 7,400km (up to 9,600 now) on it so I had to compromise somewhere, buying a demo also made my plan to start selling my internal organs to fund it unnecessary.

I thought I might conduct a bit of a review.

Upsides so far:

Uniqueness: I've never seen another RS200 in Toowoomba, only one other black one in Brisbane. Nobody has a clue what the car is.

I also just can't stop looking at it: Low, bulging guards, Brembos peaking through the wheels, gleaming in Liquid Yellow. She's definitely eye candy.

And most importantly: Holy Sh!t is this thing fun to drive! The F4R is an enraged animal wishing to break free of its engine mounts. What a well sorted chassis, this thing takes any corner at any speed, not that I would know of course :P As for the gearbox, the Gen 4 RS200 owners are (contrary to debate) going to miss out big time!

But of course even this gem isn't perfect.

I'm averaging 12.4/100km,the sound of the F4R singing is worth the cost at the bowser though.

She bucks like a bronco when the road gets rough. Luckily I'm still young so I can tolerate the spinal trauma.

The moment when you exit a roundabout in too high of a gear and you can't escape the Camry Hybrid sitting on your tail. If the revs aint past 2500 or so, this car is going nowhere any time soon.

And no Recaros, I've got full leather conventional buckets. But hey, I'll survive.

Anyway, enough of my rant :wink: It's good to be part of the community, I'll upload some pics once I get this Tapatalk sorted.

Cheers guys,

Ryan.

i0ga.jpg

wgi2.jpg

3e8x.jpg

This thread is useless without pics! Monty, I think I remember seeing your car back when I use to lurk the 86 forums. It provoked me to consider the Clio over an 86, so glad I went with it in the end. The 86s are very thick on the ground and aren't really that special anymore.

I mentioned it in another thread, but I know this car well. This is the car I drove to do a little review on the 200 that is on the forum somewhere. I can tell you more about the car as a demo if you want in a PM.

It'd be awesome if you had a link to that review. I want to read about how good my car is :)

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=22583&p=412725&hilit=86+review#p412725

Welcome mate, and congrats! Great choice in vehicle 8)

Just pop a little and around your image links to get them to show up in your posts :wink:

Its always great to see another happy 200 owner spruiking the joys. lol

Take care and keep your licence for many years to come but also enjoy all the benefits of such a great car.

i0ga.jpg

wgi2.jpg

3e8x.jpg

This thread is useless without pics! Monty, I think I remember seeing your car back when I use to lurk the 86 forums. It provoked me to consider the Clio over an 86, so glad I went with it in the end. The 86s are very thick on the ground and aren't really that special anymore.

Nice one. I was pretty much trolling at the time but as it played out I was actually right. And besides, I'm not an Asian P plater or a middle aged woman so I just don't suit the 86 demographic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk