Ordered my RS265 today

Boyracer

I thought it best that I introduce myself since I have been on this forum for a while and have now finally placed an order on a Lunar Grey RS265 Trophy.

I am from Brisbane, and today decided it was time to bite the bullet and buy the RSM. I come from a background of modified Honda's. My last one was a Civic with K20a swap which I enjoyed, but now it is time to try something different, something European and more refined. I have always been keen on the RSM ever since I started following all the RS250 reviews and youtube clips. As a fan of F1, I have always found myself subconsciously influenced by it's brands including Renault.

Anyway, the RSM I ordered was fairly standard with leather recaros, also with exterior, interior and rust protection. I am told there is roughly a 12 week wait on the delivery of the car with these options and as a result I am not as excited yet as I thought I'd be. Hoping the anticipation builds closer to the delivery date.

I have already named the car Angelina after the actor, although my wife thinks that I named it after the attractive sales woman at the dealership. As a result I'll probably have to come up with a new name.

The dealer also mentioned that the servicing price was not capped at $299 over 3 years, which I was rather puzzled about after reading it advertised on Renaults website. Maybe the dealer got it wrong?

Anyway, looking forward to being a part of the RS community.

The RS265 does get the capped price servicing. Find it odd you would have bought the car without clarifying that first!

Congrats though!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are right :oops: But I did ask for clarification and the dealer said outright no. I guess I will just have to clear it up with him and send him an email with a link to their website where is mentions the capped price.

Thanks though.

congrats !

and the euros get it right so you dont need to mod - save even more money :D

I would put it at a guess that I spent $40,000 on modifying the Civic. It was a load of fun, exceptionally quick and I do miss the car. But hoping that you are correct, this time I will have just as much enjoyment without the expense of modifying, and be able to comfortably drive to down to the shops at the same time. :D

If you enjoy music you will need to mod the audio system.

Congrats and welcome to the ownership side of the forum.

IMO rustproofing a modern car is wasted funds because they are made from gal plated steel & plastic body bits.

Maybe you can have that pre delivery option cancelled if you want but I agree with others re: the fixed price service offer on current purchases.

congratulations mate!

Been doing cruises with a fella who has spent roughly $30k in mods too. the car is a weapon! got a link to yours?

Goodlluck with the wait and definitely hit them up about the capped service price

Thanks, I don't have anything uploaded to the Internet, but I'll see about uploading a picture tonight. If you know your Civics, it was an EJ8, and was kept rather stock looking bar the lowered height, ce28n wheels and the bright blue spoon callipers.

Congrats and welcome to the ownership side of the forum.

IMO rustproofing a modern car is wasted funds because they are made from gal plated steel & plastic body bits.

Maybe you can have that pre delivery option cancelled if you want but I agree with others re: the fixed price service offer on current purchases.

Thanks for the advise, and after doing some more research I agree. The rust proofing was the only thing I did not order upfront as I was not 100% sure I needed it. I will contact the dealer today and tell them not to worry about it.

So today I contacted the dealer and confirmed the fixed price servicing was included. The dealer wasn't actually aware and I had to direct them to the Renault website.

I also cancelled the rust proofing. There is actually a 12 years corrosion warranty / guarantee that is included with the car, so rust proofing really isn't necessary. Thanks again for those who have provided advice.

I thought it best that I introduce myself since I have been on this forum for a while and have now finally placed an order on a Lunar Grey RS265 Trophy.

...I am told there is roughly a 12 week wait on the delivery of the car with these options and as a result I am not as excited yet as I thought I'd be. Hoping the anticipation builds closer to the delivery date.

Congrats! In the same boat as you. I have 4.5 weeks to wait. I got white RS265.

• 2 months later...

It's been almost 2 weeks now that I have owned the car and I am loving it! Took it for a drive to Mount Mee and Dayboro, stopped for coffee and cake and couldn't help but smile when 2 older fellas stood up from their table beside me and walked to inspect my car which was parked on the street. When they returned they commented to each other how incredible the car looked.

Anyway, here's some pictures

1167182_371759092950558_450321787_o.jpg

1149189_371666622959805_1974924699_o.jpg

• 1 month later...
As a happy newbie gt220 owner, congrats on the RS. I'd have an RS but wife, 2 boys and a big dog fit better in the gt. Cheers.

I own a Meg 3 RS250 and I have a partner a 6yr old daughter and another child due plus a 40Kg American bulldog!

where there is a will there is a way my friend :lol: