New RS250 Cup Trophee Owner

MellowYellow

Bonjour (I think that's how you spell it)

New to this forum but have come from Rexnet, Liberty and VW Golf GTI forums.

I picked up my RS last week and have been told to make myself known here. I don't know much about Renault's at all. I've owned modified and tuned versions of all my previous vehicles so it's going to be fun learning about these French machines.

I'd like to hear from anyone running Bluefin/Superchips and is there an easy way to remove the diagnostic port cover without breaking it.

Cheers, David.

Wollongong NSW.

Megane.jpg

G'day mate & welcome, nice Bullie, 250's not bad either.

Aside from my RS one of my other interests is that we show/breed Staffords... http://bluberrystaf.weebly.com/

G'day mate. Gee I wish I'd got this info 5 years ago when I was looking for a blue staffy. My staffy was put down at 10 with cardio myopathy. Sad day. I had a White English Bull Terrier for 13 years prior to that but didn't want the skin cancer hassle or a standard size dog this time so I got a mini tri colour this time. He destroys everything. Absolute menace. I'm worried what he might do to the new car. He devours anything plastic.

Aside from my RS one of my other interests is that we show/breed Staffords... http://bluberrystaf.weebly.com/

G'day mate. Gee I wish I'd got this info 5 years ago when I was looking for a blue staffy. My staffy was put down at 10 with cardio myopathy. Sad day. I had a White English Bull Terrier for 13 years prior to that but didn't want the skin cancer hassle or a standard size dog this time so I got a mini tri colour this time. He destroys everything. Absolute menace. I'm worried what he might do to the new car. He devours anything plastic.

Love the mini's (beautiful breed).

My mate has a nice Stafford & it recently ate the corner of the rear bumper on his PUG 206 GTI180 (he had to get a new one from France-not happy) :rofl: .

I have 4 Staffords & mine can't get to the cars = best solution.

Anyway enjoy the 250 they're a great car & hope to catch up some time, really good bunch of guys on this forum & very active community.

Love the mini's (beautiful breed).

My mate has a nice Stafford & it recently ate the corner of the rear bumper on his PUG 206 GTI180 (he had to get a new one from France-not happy) :rofl: .

I have 4 Staffords & mine can't get to the cars = best solution.

Anyway enjoy the 250 they're a great car & hope to catch up some time, really good bunch of guys on this forum & very active community.

I did my research on the car so I was aware on how good they are. Test driving mine up Mt Keira just sold me. I'm an old bloke, nearly 50 so I've been around a bit. The dog is a worry as his doggy door gives him access into my garage. He ate the aluminium and rubber footpeg off my motorbike recently. Thunder storms set him right off. NYE this year he ripped out 4 teeth tearing my back sliding screen door off. Bloody fireworks and now since then thunder. He trashed both sides of my GTI. Polished most of it out but I could still see it but then again I can see germs.

Welcome Mellow, I'm a Wollongong local as well, as well as a Staffy lover and owner. I'll keep an eye out for you around town or perhaps bombing Mt Keira. :twisted:

Car looks Hot, is that the Demo from Corban by any chance?

Hi Pez, Yes mate my car is the Corban Demo. I'm from Woonona. What do you drive so I can keep an eye out for you. Funny thing the day I was driving home from Corban's in the new car I did a lap of the beach and some guy pulled up next to me in an old Megane and blew his horn and gave me the thumbs up. Was that you ? Anyone else into these French machines around here ?

No mate that wasn't me, I have a white Trophee 250 which is my weekend machine, I usually drive around in a C4 VTS. There are not to many around really, but we have a few drives with the club that head South through the Natio and other areas.

Hi David, & welcome! Great ride!

Plenty of threads on here about all sorts of mods. The search function works pretty well too if you know what you're looking for.

The panel comes off with some force, but there's some tips in a thread somewhere. Same goes for *chips etc.

Have fun learning French :)

Lol well the French make better wine, great cheese and the ladies aren't too shabby either! Welcome! Great car you've got. I'm sure you will find yourself at home here.

I'm still part German as we have a new TT for the other half in the drive lol

Ps the bully looks tougher than the car. Great alarm!

Thanks mate, agree with your comments. I've got a Euro chick also (Latvian) which isn't too shabby either LOL. Good to see you haven't completely jumped from the German camp. I hope the car causes me less stress than the dog.

Hi David, & welcome! Great ride!

Plenty of threads on here about all sorts of mods. The search function works pretty well too if you know what you're looking for.

The panel comes off with some force, but there's some tips in a thread somewhere. Same goes for *chips etc.

Have fun learning French :)

Cool, I'm a bit over the mod bug from all my other cars but I did have a visit from my mate Mark (Parso on here) from Recode today so things might happen in the near future. My 07 GTI was a weapon running 21psi. I think the RS has some potential.

No mate that wasn't me, I have a white Trophee 250 which is my weekend machine, I usually drive around in a C4 VTS. There are not to many around really, but we have a few drives with the club that head South through the Natio and other areas.

Pez, I did see a white RS2?? in Bourke St, heading towards Flinders St a few weeks ago on a weekend. I'll be keeping an eye out for you around town for sure. Any advice on Corban's for servicing/parts etc ? I believe I have to use Elf oil in this thing.

I have found Corban to be OK with servicing if expensive, the C4 I had extended warranty through them which cost a lot for not much. Kylie who works in servicing has always been helpful and accommodating, I've had a few issues and they seem to wash there hands of responsibility of the car, which of course can be frustrating.

Choices in Wollongong are limited. I have been using a member on here who works for Renault and moonlights as a mechanic who has been coming to my house and doing the servicing in the driveway. Top bloke who I can send you his details if you like.

welcome back. what a nice doggy you have there

as for the ODB port my cover cracked into two parts when I tried, plastic is flimsy.

It looks like it would snap like a carrot. Dog is free to a good home, or a bad one. He's a menace.

First criticism of the Megane. WTF is the go with the horn. ? Is that some sort of French joke or something ?

Noob question. Can't find the answer in my owners manual. Do the DRL's only work in daylight ? i.e. is there a sensor that turns them off when it's dark because I can't get mine to work at all but it's dark right now. DOH !!!! My book says you can turn them on and off in the "Settings Menu" but I can't find that in the settings either.

welcome back. what a nice doggy you have there

as for the ODB port my cover cracked into two parts when I tried, plastic is flimsy.

It looks like it would snap like a carrot. Dog is free to a good home, or a bad one. He's a menace.

First criticism of the Megane. WTF is the go with the horn. ? Is that some sort of French joke or something ?

Hi David,

Welcome onboard, I'm an ex Figtree boy but living in Sydney now and an ex German owner (R36) who made the switch, I actually have 2 Renaults now, it gets addictive! I get down to the Huntley Hill climb from time to time so keep an eye out on the threads, usually get a few of the members show up on the day.

Have a hunt through some of the threads about the horn, you're right it is just embarrassing and useless, I fitted a stebel nautilus which did the trick, sounds like a truck now.

HI Mellow Yellow,

Say hi to Mark for me he helped me greatly when I was buying my bluefin from him

I drive a RS250 Cup with Bluefin tune.

I'm actually selling it after only having it for 1.5 Months.

Look in the for sale area under Other in case your interested I bought it from Recode as well.

I hope you enjoy the RS as much as I am enjoying it at the moment.

As for the OBDII port I found that if I used a flat piece of metal bent at 45 degree's it made it a piece of cake to remove and replace as many times as I wanted.

Luckily for me the piece I was using was one of those Ikea tools you get with a cupboard etc... :D

Don't try to use a flathead unless you are REALLY careful as I nearly broke mine.

Hi Kaesh and Adrian,

I raced many years ago at Huntley Hill Climb. Back in the day I had a turbo HR Holden. I haven't been for quite a while. I think they just has some Championships there recently.

Kaesh, I found your add. $570 sounds like a good deal. Mark is looking after me as always. We had my GTI cracking pretty hard.

Hmm that is definitely not great news :( I hope you get it sorted.

Once you have sorted out those DRLs have a look on the forums there is a thread about using your DRLs whilst headlamps are on at a diminished brightness so that it abides by law.

A great guy in the UK by the name of Ahmed on these forums put together a great kit which a few of us bought so have a look there if your interested and hopefully he will make you one as well, I'm loving mine at the moment.

Might seem like a stupid idea but maybe check cabling via the under tray to see if any have come loose?

Yeah Mark was VERY Helpful for me when i was purchasing mine.

Whilst i do love the Bluefin I'm just looking for something different as i want a stage 2 etc... love the car though even at stock! :)

They should only be on when the lights are off. When the lights are in the off position at night, the sensors will turn the lights on automatically so they won't turn on!

Problem sorted. I have now discovered that if you have "Auto Dipping of Headlamps" deactivated in the customisation menu then the DRL's don't work.

The dealer didn't know that either. Apparently this has changed in the RS265 and you can even vary the intensity of the DRL's in the "Settings" menu.

I am learning about French logic. There isn't any. LOL.

hahahah good news!! :D

I didn't even know that wow you really are "Discovering" your car aren't you :P

Yes I am. I've even passed this on to the salesman I purchased the car from. He just spent the last few days in Melbourne driving the RS265 back to back with the VW Scirocco. Of course he preferred the RS but he also said he couldn't notice any difference between the RS250 and the RS265. :)

I took a few more photos of my car today. I'll post them in the gallery section.