New r26 owner in sydney

stone

Just spent my first day with the r26! took it for a run down the royal national park. loved the power/handling. did not love the road works and 2km of dirt road/mud that ended up covering my freshly washed car! ahh well, raining now anyway...

Welcome! Good choice with the R26 - awesome car :mrgreen:

Keep on enjoying those delicious southern roads & come along to some of our social drives & meets!

really enjoying the car, need to wait for a sunny day to really give i a proper run. My first car a while back was a peugeot 306 s16 and i was on aussiefrogs, so new about OZRS through that. my last 2 cars were a Audi s3 and then a Honda integra type r, which recently got written off in a flood. :(

Great to be back in a french car, even better one with such a great engine, brakes and of course that LSD. :D

F1R-26T, I am in surry hills but do pass the anzac bridge a bit, but never yet in my r26. looking forward to a OZRS drive day :lol:

Gentle car lovers, My current ride is the F1R26, Prviously the CLIO Sport Cup adn before that the DC2 Integra TypeR. Any recommendations on street tyres for every day use. Don't need Z rated for the daily commute. Can swap out tyres for track days. Any experience would be great. PH

Welcome PH and Stone!

Great choice of vehicle both of you. You should both come to the next OZRS meet.

Stone, which model S3 did you have? First or the current shape?

Hope to see you around Surry Hills (I do the majority of my driving as a real estate agent in Surry Hills/Darlinghurst).

Welcome

steven - yeah used to have a 2003 S3, the old shape. Chipped with 195kw but a much less exciting chassis and steering. great torque, build quality and luxury but too much understeer and not enough involvement. great car still though.

much happier with the r26, alot more responsive and alot more character, i reckon it looks the business too. the integra was a great car too, a FWD car with and LSD and a good chassis is a recipe for fun regardless of make.

good to know there are some r26s in the neighbourhood!

• 2 weeks later...
steven - yeah used to have a 2003 S3, the old shape. Chipped with 195kw but a much less exciting chassis and steering. great torque, build quality and luxury but too much understeer and not enough involvement. great car still though.

much happier with the r26, alot more responsive and alot more character, i reckon it looks the business too. the integra was a great car too, a FWD car with and LSD and a good chassis is a recipe for fun regardless of make.

good to know there are some r26s in the neighbourhood!

Hey mate I work in Surry Hills but take the train in, been meaning to do more night runs in the RNP, we should catch up for a coffee :)

Nice car mate. Loving mine too.

Make sure you come to the Krispy Kreeme hookup next week. It'll be my first time to meet these crazy buggers from this forum (oh...apologies to Jeffster and Joey....you're just mad!), should be interesting.

Nice car mate. Loving mine too.

Make sure you come to the Krispy Kreeme hookup next week. It'll be my first time to meet these crazy buggers from this forum (oh...apologies to Jeffster and Joey....you're just mad!), should be interesting.

:)

HOPE to see a few new faces attend Wakefield Park for a little run....

If any Megane owner wants a spare set of wheels/rubber to thrash on the day, im more them happy to lend them mine....

WARNING, they are Bridgestone tyres with not much tread left (3-4mm at front & 2-3mm at the back)....

Will try to make it out and about soon, but work is a bit crazy at the moment.

went for a run on the old pac the other day, very impressed. Had a big french hot hatch kinda smile on the face. new kumho ku36s were very nice. the car was very steerable on the throttle too, and understeer almost non existant. can't wait to thrash it about with some other renaults.

Jeffster a night run in the RNP sounds great, but last time i did that a few weeks back saw a late model commodore parked by the side of the road...looked very much like a unmarked plod...mmmm.....also some deer on the road! Maybe you can lead! :D

Will try to make it out and about soon, but work is a bit crazy at the moment.

went for a run on the old pac the other day, very impressed. Had a big french hot hatch kinda smile on the face. new kumho ku36s were very nice. the car was very steerable on the throttle too, and understeer almost non existant. can't wait to thrash it about with some other renaults.

Jeffster a night run in the RNP sounds great, but last time i did that a few weeks back saw a late model commodore parked by the side of the road...looked very much like a unmarked plod...mmmm.....also some deer on the road! Maybe you can lead! :D

Was this in a week night?

I know that the plod (hi if you're reading this) are there on the weekends, but I would be surprised if they ran night operations in the RNP. Could happen but seems unlikely, not that it would matter as we would just have a leisurely jaunt through the woods :)

When it's not crazy wet we'll start going again, usually in the middle of the week. PM your mobile and we can keep in touch 8)

also some deer on the road! Maybe you can lead! :D

FUNNY you should mention that....

When i went fishing, while driving through the National Park at night i nearlly hit a deer (non-renault car though)....

ABS saved me BUT plenty of chunks missing from the tyre...

also some deer on the road! Maybe you can lead! :D

FUNNY you should mention that....

When i went fishing, while driving through the National Park at night i nearlly hit a deer (non-renault car though)....

ABS saved me BUT plenty of chunks missing from the tyre...

Wade and I usually come down from Waterfall now and turn right, there is a section that has open grass plain where the roos and deer graze. You have to take it slow around there and then you can get back up to speed for the twisties.

I have been wanting to do Mac Pass at night but never had the gumption to get up there and do it.