The LAST Brand new 182 Cup in Oz...... Finally It's mine...

Danny

Evening Guys,

Danny here, the one who used to have the Fiesta with White stripes as seen here: http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4070 . Well, it's finally time for me to move in here now!!!

If I can't string my sentences properly, It's because I'm absolutely ecstatic. I've kept it quiet until it was 100% certain, but sometime last week i got sick of the whole private sale caper (with the Fiesta being on the market for two weeks with no takers), and decided to offer it to my sister who really wanted it.. What did I want in return? Her Lancer to use as a trade in. She's happy, and I've been a big brother.

Unfortunately, trading in a car meant a brand newie, or a used RSC 182 Cup from a dealer (rare as hens teeth). After ringing a dealer that had a black one in Mentone on Saturday (And finding out that it was sold), I bit the bullet on wednessday, took a stab in the dark, and rang the nearest dealer to me through sensis. When connected the conversation went something like this:

"Hi Mate, look you're probably going to laugh, but what are my chances of finding a brand new 182 cup in Australia"

And the UNBELEIVABLE response:

"Well mate, youre gotta be pretty lucky, you've rang the right dealer. We have the LAST RSC 182 cup in Australia"

So I quick smart got myself down there with the old man, and to cut a long shory stort, I put a deposit on this baby the very next day, provided they supplied me Gunmetal coloured F1 stripes.. Here she is. MY NEW CAR!!!! :D:D:D

182CupF1.jpg

Excuse the Dodgy Photoshopped stripes...

IMG_02682.jpg

I pick her up on Wednesday, and I'm GAGGING to get into it. I can't beleive I have one. Can't wait to go cruising. Anyways, I want to say a big thanks to Steve (Teki), for answering all my many many queries I had before buying the car, and for convincing me to take the plunge into the French car market lol. I'm so happy. I'll have more pictures of the car once I pick it up. Until then, Can I move in here 8) ??

See you guys on the road!!!! YEEHAAA!

-Danny

Welcome Danny. Enjoy it and safe motoring.

In terms of dealers you've done well as Garry & Warren Smith servicing has generally been excellent. (tho they do use Castrol 15w40, where most on this forum Elf 5w40)

I really thought e.sport was going to claim that car, but given how nice his is it would have been difficult to justify the change over costs. (did the same exercise myself)

Have fun "running it in" even if they tell us one doesn't need to nowadays.

Anyways, I want to say a big thanks to Steve (Teki), for answering all my many many queries I had before buying the car, and for convincing me to take the plunge into the French car market lol. I'm so happy.

8) That's ok dude - glad I finally convinced you into one! Good work on FINALLY getting one though, even better that it is the LAST one! Good work champ.

You'll learn to love the French Cars... :D

Congrats Danny! That's a nice machine you've got possession of - and e.sport will be kicking himself (I am too, a little...) I saw this car back in August when Jen & I were car shopping, and I distinctly recall the "SOLD" sticker on the windscreen and that dodgey tale of how the "buyer" wasn't taking delivery til October... anyways, I hope you got a good deal on it, as this is effectively a 2yo car now. Would be interested to know the build date on it, and the compliance date too.

Happy motoring - hope to see you at a drive day in future :) BTW, the stripes are cool in the dark grey - but you shoulda gotten them on the driver's side :P

... hey, didn't Grant mention that a QLD dealer has a blue F1/Cup LE on hand still?

Well done mate! i know the exact feeling ur going thru & 5000kms later its STILL there!!

You'll love it :mrgreen:

ENJOY,

Alex

Yeh Guys, thanks! I'm Rapt.

The compliance date is Dec 05. It's weird, but yes I used it as my argument to bargain. The build date was able to be overlooked simply because of the nature of the 182's and how there was none made after about that time anyways, hoever, They did NOT get what they asked for it (They wanted $38,900).

This car I actually test drove a few months ago. Co-incidentally, I was the First person to ever drive it when it had 2 kays on the clock. Now it has 30 or so, and I just can't wait to add to it!

Danny,

Well done... another sexy silver bullet!!! My car's the same age as yours... have fun!!!

so's mine!

Danny,

Well done... another sexy silver bullet!!! My car's the same age as yours... have fun!!!

so's mine!

and mine! Oh, how cute :lol:

Good work Danny! ANOTHER 24 HOURS! WOooooooooooooooo

Can't wait to see it one day!

23 hours and 40 minutes to go!!!

I just dropped off my Euro 'V' Plates to Garry and Warren Smith, It's still in the showroom, and theyre putting on the stripes today.

I'm going insane waiting....

I drove it about 3 months ago when it had 2 kays on the clock and plastic seat wrappers.... It's new. underneath is untouched, even in the areas that dirt gets into that a chassis detail doesn't quite remove. I have no reason to beleive that they have done this. Even though the thought has crossed my mind..

I can verify the car is legit.

Went to have a look at it about a month ago, and it had 000053 K's marked on the odo.

Car is absolutely mint, congratulations on the purchase.

It's just a shame I can't rubbish you about having the wrong stripes and the wrong badge on the nose any more :D

Excellent choice there, you even got the best colour. We are twins, mine is a December 05 build as well.

I might even be coming around to the non-standard stripes. They look pretty damn good...

I might even be coming around to the non-standard stripes. They look pretty damn good...

Heheheh, whats that Deb? Stripes? You rebel you :wink:

Deb, if you do that, then I'll put silver stripes on the Black 182

Hey actually that doesn't sound too bad............................just maybe.........

I got my dare in first Deb,

Besides, ladies always come first

Otherwise one's not a gentleman........................

Indeed, Debra... :roll:

Indeed, Debra... :roll:

That's Deborah to you thanks :)

And emu, I'm all for equal opportunity :D

Emu, please tell me that wasn't laden wtih innuendo :shock:

It's Deb for christsake, she one of the blokes :P

Well, one week on, and she's gone for her 1st service!

While there, my car will recieve a proper polish and detail (there were minute rusting iron filings on the paint from the train track that runs behind GWS holding yard!!!), and corrections to the stripes (the rear ones were wrong, Teki has seen it).

Once it's back, I will provide some a*** end shots of the car to compliment these here http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4897 :wink:

cheers guys!

dan

• 5 weeks later...
Co-incidentally, I was the First person to ever drive it when it had 2 kays on the clock. Now it has 30 or so, and I just can't wait to add to it!

i have seen dealers resetting the kms on the trip computers before...so i really hope your brand new car still has brand new km on it and that these guys didn't screw you around...

I drove it about 3 months ago when it had 2 kays on the clock and plastic seat wrappers.... It's new. I have no reason to beleive that they have done this. Even though the thought has crossed my mind..

Went to have a look at it about a month ago, and it had 000053 K's marked on the odo.

So how many did it actually have on it when you picked it up?

Travis

Co-incidentally, I was the First person to ever drive it when it had 2 kays on the clock. Now it has 30 or so, and I just can't wait to add to it!

i have seen dealers resetting the kms on the trip computers before...so i really hope your brand new car still has brand new km on it and that these guys didn't screw you around...

I drove it about 3 months ago when it had 2 kays on the clock and plastic seat wrappers.... It's new. I have no reason to beleive that they have done this. Even though the thought has crossed my mind..

So how many did it actually have on it when you picked it up?

Travis

Erm, The same....

• 1 month later...

WOW,

Already Hit 10 Grand.... It goes to Autoparis on Tuesday!!

I'm loving this car..

WOW,

I'm loving this car..

Your're a crazy man... :shock:

I just hit 10 000k AND 6 months within 3 days of each other last week... 8)

WOW,

I'm loving this car..

1 year and 3 months on, i still haven't hit 10k yet :shock::lol: ..............still on 7350 :oops:

:roll:

WOW,

I'm loving this car..

1 year and 3 months on, i still haven't hit 10k yet :shock::lol: ..............still on 7350 :oops:

I've hit 500km after having mine 3 and a half days :oops: hahaha

Wanna get up past 1000km :wink:

WOW,

I'm loving this car..

Man you need to get out more :roll:

YUP 10,000 Kays.

I drive a lot I guess.... No scrartches on the car either. :wink: