Renault hands free key card

Nadia

Hi,

I recently put a deposit down on a Renault Arkana and I noticed when I did the test drive that it has a fancy key card (I’m a first time Renault buyer).

Is there anyway to get these on a key ring? I’ve looked for fobs/cases but can’t find any. Any tips? 

Hi Nadia, welcome to the forum.

The 'key' is annoying in that sense. you can get a silicone cover that has a loop to add it to a key ring. but there are plenty of other options on Amazon, ebay etc. 

I hope you enjoy the Arkana. I had one for a loan car when my Megane was in for a service. They're comfy and drive well. 

THE most stupid idea ever.

Why keep one key (even though it is electronic) separate from the other physical keys you own?

Everyone just hangs up/places a bunch of keys in a particular place in one go.

Why search for your house keys THEN search for your car transponder????

Renault has always had crazy ideas about electronic keys - stupid sized like the Megan/Koleos card that needs to be inserted into a slot low down on a console.........

Own four brands of car - the Renault setup rates 50th out of 4 for usability....

You only find out how NON USER FRIENDLY the setup is until you have lived with it for a while.

How hard is it to include a plastic slot so one can attach a ring ???????????????

Would be interested to see how user friendly their subs are.

5 hours ago, 85Fuego said:stupid sized like the Megan/Koleos card that needs to be inserted into a slot low down on a console.........

It actually doeant have to be inserted 

9 hours ago, 85Fuego said:

THE most stupid idea ever.

Why keep one key (even though it is electronic) separate from the other physical keys you own?

Everyone just hangs up/places a bunch of keys in a particular place in one go.

Why search for your house keys THEN search for your car transponder????

Renault has always had crazy ideas about electronic keys - stupid sized like the Megan/Koleos card that needs to be inserted into a slot low down on a console.........

Own four brands of car - the Renault setup rates 50th out of 4 for usability....

You only find out how NON USER FRIENDLY the setup is until you have lived with it for a while.

How hard is it to include a plastic slot so one can attach a ring ???????????????

Would be interested to see how user friendly their subs are.

I'm guessing you'll never be buying a Tesla at this rate

Personally I think they are fantastic.

Just throw them in your bag or pocket and off you go.  The newer ones are getting bigger but still a lot less annoying than the usual car key.
I don’t drive every day so see no need to lug around a stack of useless keys.

And both of my Renault keys have a slot so you can tie them onto something if required.

they are OK till you have to replace them, about $360 for the key than $150 to get programmed to match your car