Megane RS Trophy EDC

Kev

I've got one in white - I like it - the only real quibbles I have with it is the creaky noises which I swear are from the sunroof seals and the lack of confidence in the cupholders.  If I had my time again, I would avoid the sunroof option - though I've got some Honda silicon grease coming from the US which I'm hoping is going to solve those noises.  Notwithstanding, I'm not convinced that Renault has got the sunroof implementation quite right (at least on my car). 

I really like the seating position, alcantara on the seats, the sound system and despite the criticisms the infotainment system in general.  Once I work out how to disconnect or otherwise override the valve in the exhaust so that its always open - the exhaust noise will be about perfect.  As a guide on that, I think it is louder than my wife's X4M and the pitch of it sounds way better.

car back.jpg

car front.jpg

• Like 3

I've got one in white - I like it - the only real quibbles I have with it is the creaky noises which I swear are from the sunroof seals

Try ...er....cough...the KY solution....water-based personal lubricant [emoji15]

lack of confidence in the cupholders. 

This is one of the special “features” of French car ownership [emoji106][emoji6]
  • Like 1

I'd have to think a new downpipe and a tune would be the cheapest and best bang for buck.  There is no secondary cat or resonator however, so maybe taking a risk with the sound of the exhaust and how much the car would stink.  You can have a look at the K-Tec Racing website to get a feel for the extent of modifications / parts that are available for the Megane 4's.  Plenty of posters on here have suggested the first modification should be swapping out the stock tyres.

• 1 month later...